Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Japanese Music?
Forums > Community Center > Music
Shelby-Zu
I listen to A LOT of foreign bands,
i want to add to my japanese "collection"

atm, for japanese bands all i really have is a lot of Dir En Grey and Antic(An)Cafe

any other suggestions?
maybe you dont listen to japanese music, but have you HEARD of any japanese bands? ^__^

x
Mickey
http://createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220159

LOL go crazy in that thread. Sure Cristy has your full support.
heyo-captain-jack
dispn0ygonekrazy
youtube top japanese bands you'll find a shit load and samples of music.
rickysaurus
My most important recommendation: Sambomaster.

But seeing you listen to Dir En Grey and An Cafe I'm guessing you're into visual kei stuff? The only vis kei band I listen to is alice nine.

Other good Jrock bands:
Base Ball Bear
Monkey Majik
Asian Kung Fu Generation
FLOW
Radwimp
the pillows

Jpop I don't listen to a whole lot, only Greeeen and m-flo
tokyo-rose
Hahaha Mike, the bands that Shelby listed are definitely not J-pop, but thanks for the referral.

QUOTE(rickysaurus @ Aug 17 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Other good Jrock bands:
Base Ball Bear
Monkey Majik
Asian Kung Fu Generation
FLOW
Radwimp
the pillows

Jpop I don't listen to a whole lot, only Greeeen and m-flo

Yes, yes, yes. Monkey Majik ♥ Base Ball Bear is good too, but I haven't gotten to listen to them in a while. Try the GazettE and D'espairsRay as well.

"Reila" is my personal favorite GazettE song; I love the guitar solo.

Man, I used to listen to "Valentine" and "Garnet" all the time, but that was before Korean music ate my life. :p I hope you enjoy some of these songs!
dispn0ygonekrazy
yall need some more technical japanese guitarists up in there, if you like classics X Japan is good I like some Uverworld and I also like some M-Flow
then theres
Nightmare from death note series
Gackt
beat crusaders
Lycaon
Vistlip
Deluhi

if you're into japanese metal check out
syu from galneryus
Gentaro
Takayoshi Ohmura
Satoshi Katada

just a few people should check out
mipadi
I've been listening to this really cool Japanese band called Ogre You Asshole. Their band name sounds stupid, but their music is really good. It's got a light, melodic feel. It's got a sort of Radiohead feel, although saying they're like Radiohead is doing neither Ogre You Asshole nor Radiohead justice.
venti-anemoi
malice mizer, hyde, miyavi.
juliadoll?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.