Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dear cj i need help
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
rnicron
got new macbook pro

giving away laptop

how can i restore laptop windows vista back to factory settings...like it's brand new.

quick
Simba
lol now you're asking him for help

it's ok, i probably would too
Nickfury
pop in vista cd, format hard drive to allow for brand new installation of vista.
rnicron
tbh i dont think i have the vista disk
heyo-captain-jack
If you don't have the disk, you can just download the ISO off tpb or something. It's the CD key you're paying for, not the ISO.
heyo-captain-jack
also lol
Nickfury
then format with linux or just leave them with a trial os, going with cjs method
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Nickfury @ Aug 7 2009, 09:43 PM) *
then format with linux or just leave them with a trial os, going with cjs method

Usually there is a CD key somewhere on the case, since the license to use Windows requires it. But in my experience, if it's on the bottom, it tends to rub off.
Nickfury
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Aug 7 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Usually there is a CD key somewhere on the case, since the license to use Windows requires it. But in my experience, if it's on the bottom, it tends to rub off.

i have a weird situation. i have a couple vista home cds, one is premium 32bit the other is home basic 32bit.. both are dell cds cause i kept them when i went through those laptops, but.. neither of them will install on my pc.. even though, my label on my compaq says home premium 32bit.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Nickfury @ Aug 7 2009, 09:52 PM) *
i have a weird situation. i have a couple vista home cds, one is premium 32bit the other is home basic 32bit.. both are dell cds cause i kept them when i went through those laptops, but.. neither of them will install on my pc.. even though, my label on my compaq says home premium 32bit.

Probably recovery (as opposed to install) CDs. Brands like Dell like to do that.
Maccabee
my didnt you just pm him?
cj you need to make a site where people just ask you questions publicly and you answer them and make an entire library of questions and answers.
heyo-captain-jack
Just PM who? I haven't PMd anyone in days.
Maccabee
why does rnicron pm buttsex instead of making a thread.
heyo-captain-jack
Because I'm not the only one that knows the answer.
Maccabee
"dear cj i need help"
none345678
So. I shouted out to cj in my thread. He's just the one known for his computer knowledge.
Nickfury
whyd this turn into a debate on what cj should and should not do...
heyo-captain-jack
I'm so bad, it's a crime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.