Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help how to do this image?
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
MoonlightxDesigns
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do this image: http://file047a.bebo.com/18/original/2009/...1215178217o.jpg i've been looking for ages and i just can't find a tutorial or anyone who can help it's been months so does anyone have any ideas in easy steps i use photoshop :] or if theres a name for it^ tongue.gif
Mikeplyts
1. First of all, just find or take 3 photographs.
2. Paste them into a new white document.
3. Adjust the space between them.
4. Apply some coloring. I would also probably adjust the saturation and exposure some too (If the photographs were already like that, just leave them alone).
5. Once you've done all of that, select one photograph layer.
6. Duplicate the layer.
7. Now go to Menu > Filter > Blur > Lens Blur on the Duplicated layer.
8. Input these settings:
  • Shape: Hexagon
  • Radius: 9
  • Blade Curvature: 14
  • Brightness: 7
  • Threshold: 213
Also, make sure that that the Uniform option is selected.
9. Get your Eraser tool and make it about a medium size (maybe around 250 pixels, It all depends on your photograph) and the Hardness should be set to 0%.
10. Now, erase over the Duplicated layer as to where you want the photograph to be visible.
11. Repeat steps 5-10 for the other photographs.
12. Now Flatten the Image (to do this, simply right-click on a layer and select Flatten Image from the little menu).
13. Switch to your Text tool.
14. It doesn't really matter what type of font you use or how big it should be since that's up to you, but since you're looking for this kind of image, I advise you to keep the color white.
15. Type out your text and once you're done, just lower it's opacity.
16. Now position it where you want and go ahead make any final adjustments to the text and maybe even some final coloring or a few touches here and there for the flattened photograph layer.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. tongue.gif
technicolour
LOL After Mike wrote out that really long explanation...I'll ask the dumb question. Were you wondering how to get the coloring to look like that or just how to do it overall, as Mike so awesomely explained?
Mikeplyts
^Yeah, I went ahead and just said what I thought of it overall. I think s/he could just use the little color adjustment and exposure snippet just in case. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.