Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you find me dual monitors
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
synapse
With little to no bezel and no glossy crap either.

two monitors, or one dual monitor is fine. Max price I'll call it at $450

Ready. GO!

TIA biggrin.gif
heyo-captain-jack
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236051

Two of these bitches. 1080p and 2 ms response time.
synapse
;[ Those have like 0.5" of bezel which would create a 1" gap. And they're glossy. The 2ms response is nice wink.gif
heyo-captain-jack
You're not going to find much with a smaller bezel.
synapse
An LCD can remain functional without casing, it's just there for aesthetics, right? what if I were to take that part off with a plastic saw? and then cover the back, top and bottom?
heyo-captain-jack
I think it's mostly aesthetics. If you do it, just take off the sides that are up to the other monitor.
synapse
I was thinking about the single dual monitors, it sucks that they run like $800, and one huge widescreen would be too hard to find/make backgrounds for. I hate plain colors. ;/
heyo-captain-jack
If I had $450 to spend on monitors, I would get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009165

synapse
Hm, I'm just not feeling the 16:10. Or whatever 27" may be. I'd rather have 28:9
heyo-captain-jack
That monitor is 16:9.

If I had $900 to spend, I would get two of those. And I would probably need to get three GTX 285s to be able to use that many pixels.
synapse
what's the max res, the 4850 can support?
The 4850 is designed for 1680x1050 or below. When you get into 24" monitors the common wisdom is to get something more powerful like a 4870 or GTX 260.

is it true CJ?

heyo-captain-jack
No. 4850 supports monitors bigger than are currently sold. Common practice is to get a better card at around 1080p.

But you would need at least the 1 Gb model to do anything at resolutions higher than 1080p.
Uronacid
Depends,

If you're talking gaming on resolutions higher than 1080p, then you're absolutely correct. Resolutions that high require serious horse power that not even the most hardcore video cards can effectively deliver. If you're just talking about doing some graphics in photo-shop then you don't have to worry at all. The 4850 will be just fine for that stuff.

The most powerful single video card on the market (GTX 295) can barely reach 30 FPS in Crysis on high on a 1080P resolution. And this is without anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Jul 31 2009, 11:53 AM) *
The most powerful single video card on the market (GTX 295) can barely reach 30 FPS in Crysis on high on a 1080P resolution. And this is without anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering.

You have to take into consideration the rest of the specs of that computer. I can pair a GTX 295 with a sempron if I want, that doesn't mean it will perform good. I know a guy with a GTX 285 that's able to run Crysis at a constant 45 FPS, because he has plenty of RAM and a nice processor.
Uronacid
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Jul 31 2009, 05:17 PM) *
You have to take into consideration the rest of the specs of that computer. I can pair a GTX 295 with a sempron if I want, that doesn't mean it will perform good. I know a guy with a GTX 285 that's able to run Crysis at a constant 45 FPS, because he has plenty of RAM and a nice processor.

Agreed, but at what resolution? the processor does make a difference, but the processor used in this test was a Intel Core i7 965 Extreme. And the system had 6 GB DDR3-1333 7-7-7 of RAM. That's pretty good if you ask me. Your friend must have some serious equipment or made some fantastic tweaks.
illriginal
Yes... lets go ahead and waste money on 1080p on a screen smaller than 50"

Man... I swear, people are truly stupid as f*ck.
Uronacid
QUOTE(illriginal @ Aug 3 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Yes... lets go ahead and waste money on 1080p on a screen smaller than 50"

Man... I swear, people are truly stupid as f*ck.

I agree, it wouldn't make a difference if you were standing 10 feet away, however this is a computer monitor not a TV.
illriginal
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 4 2009, 08:53 AM) *
I agree, it wouldn't make a difference if you were standing 10 feet away, however this is a computer monitor not a TV.

It makes no difference. A monitor having 1080p is the most stupid shit in the world. But of course we have stupid people who happen to be consumers and they'll buy it just because it's 1080p not realizing it doesn't mean jack shit if the screen is less than 50".
Uronacid
QUOTE(illriginal @ Aug 4 2009, 03:19 PM) *
It makes no difference. A monitor having 1080p is the most stupid shit in the world. But of course we have stupid people who happen to be consumers and they'll buy it just because it's 1080p not realizing it doesn't mean jack shit if the screen is less than 50".

I have 1080p screen on my laptop that I use for graphics and design and I love it because I can fit more pixels on the screen.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 3 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Agreed, but at what resolution? the processor does make a difference, but the processor used in this test was a Intel Core i7 965 Extreme. And the system had 6 GB DDR3-1333 7-7-7 of RAM. That's pretty good if you ask me. Your friend must have some serious equipment or made some fantastic tweaks.

He's got the same amount and kind of RAM, and an overclocked 975. And his GPU is a superclocked edition.

aka he's a rich bastard.
heyo-captain-jack
also once again tampon proves he don't know shit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.