Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BLUSHES
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
transcendentalism
let's talk

What blushes do you own? What are your favorites? Which ones do you recommend/not recommend

I currently have: Smashbox O-Glow, Jane blushing earth sheer, and some helllla old Mary Kay blush that I've hit pan on. but I still use it and it's awesome

I've always wanted to branch out on blushes a bit more, but I didn't really know where to start. I've always wondered about the orangey ones... or the MAC mineral skin finishes? I dunno. The Smashbox is just pink, and not really great for blending imo, and then from there on it's just peachy or rosy.

SUGGESTIONS?
Gigi
I loooove peachy blushes and those are pretty much the only ones I'll wear on a regular basis. I really love MAC Springsheen and theBalm's Hot Mama blush. I think these colours are universally flattering...so maybe you could give them a try? I heard that Milani blush in Mai Tai is a good drugstore dupe.

I also love the more natural, satin/matte finish peach blushes, and I've recently been using a Clinique blush I got as a GWP in Honey Blush. Really natural and pretty.

Other blushes I own...NARS Sin (dusty...raspberry, mauve-y), MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Eversun (sort of a sunburnt peach colour, great for summer), Benefit Dandelion (very sheer pale pink). I like them all but don't wear them as often as the peachy shades.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes are nice, but I don't personally consider (most) of them to be blushes. I only have one (Redhead) and I sometimes use the darker shades as blush, but only if my skin is behaving and I'm going for a shimmery look (the frostiness of it brings out blemishes). I more frequently use the lighter shades to highlight cheekbones though. Most MSFs are suuuuper shimmery so stay away if you don't like shimmer/frost!

God I always write an essay if it's about make-up LOL
transcendentalism
sanks, I was hoping you'd reply :) I think I'm gonna go for Benefit Dandelion next..
Gypsy Eyes
I'm not really a makeup person at the Gigi level, but I live by nars blush in deep throat.
iDecay
I used to use MAC's Whim all the time. It was from one of the Nordstrom exclusives. It's so pretty and goes well with my light skin.

Stila's convertible color in Lillium is GORGEOUS, but I don't really like creams. I wish I could use it more, but it's annoying.

I have the MSF in Petticoat. I'd much rather use it as an eyeshadow (though I read somewhere that that's not good, but who cares?) I find most of the MSFs to be too shimmery for my taste. They tend to get all over the place too and it's annoying.

Currently I'm using everyday minerals blushes. Apple is my favorite. :3 I find loose powder easier to use, hah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.