Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The end of the earth. 2012
Forums > Community Center > Academia > News
MoneyIsDaMotive
2012 is claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the twelfth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
Several experts have predicted a special astrological/astronomical alignment between the Galactic center in the constellation of Sagittarius, the Winter Solstice point, and the open cluster of the Pleiades. Factually, the coincidence of the Winter Solstice point (due to the precession of the Equinoxes) and the galactic center is basically true.

Jesus said that no man knows the hour or the day of the End of Days. Even Jesus didn't know. Only his father did.
But Jesus added that he hoped that those who will live in the Final Generation would look for the signs in the hope their suffering would not be so great.
There are exactly 2012 days between the June 20 2007 Summer solstice and the December 21 2012 Winter solstice.

Albert Einstein said if the honey bees were suddenly gone mankind would have about 4 years left to live. Well, the honey bees are going extinct now and at the present rate in another year or so there will be no more honey bees left on earth. One year from now plus another 4 years gives us the year 2012

NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of current 11-year sunspot cycle. Some believe this will amplify the effects of retarding magnetic field on earth, as harmful charged particles blasted away from the sun would more easily penetrate the earth's atmosphere.

In this final episode of the X-Files, it is revealed that on December 22 2012, aliens will invade and take over the world, one day after December 21 2012. It was like Chris Carter was saying to us that the aliens don't need to invade and conquer us, all they need to do is move in to a vacant earth

The Vatican holds very closely to the Prophecy of St. Malachy. This Medieval Monk had detailed visions of 112 Popes until Doomsday, also known as The Biblical Apocalypse. The current Pope, Benedict XVI is the 111th named Pope, only one Pope remains.

mayne im scared as shit. _unsure.gif
datass
i better have sex before that happens.
DoubleJ
what's scary is that a lot of people believe this. This was also said about y2k.
DoubleJ
this is true. We really can't worry about the inevitable.
MoneyIsDaMotive
i hope it doesnt
i wanna see my son go to pre K ATLEAST stubborn.gif
Joanne
I'd rather die with everyone else than be the only one left alive, tbh. So meh.
ley
Didn't we all die in the year 2000 then again on June 6, 2006?
firechild
the translation of that is incorrect. It says "a new beginning/shift"
emberfly
I actually went to Mexico this summer, and I went on a tour of Chichen Itza.

Chichen Itza is a very old/historic Maya field where there are many temples and ruins.

The tour guide, who was mayan, said that the mayan calendar DOES NOT PREDICT THE END OF THE WORLD. It simply starts over once it gets to the end. Our calendar ends every December 31. Does that mean the world ends every December 31? Hell no. It simply starts over on the cycle.

Duh.
firechild
exactly. does a clock explode when it reaches midnight; no, same concept here. It is a calendar; calendars rotate and restart,
Tomates
These things annoy me.
People said that the world would end on 6/6/06

Also, its impossible. If they say its going to happen on the 21'st of december, somewhere else around the world it will be December 22nd.

Ex. Japan is a day ahead of the U.S. One half of the world cant dissapear or appocolate before the other half.
Blyat
QUOTE(doughnut @ Jul 23 2009, 08:47 AM) *
i better have sex before that happens.

MoneyIsDaMotive
the thing that got me was:

Albert Einstein said if the honey bees were suddenly gone mankind would have about 4 years left to live. Well, the honey bees are going extinct now and at the present rate in another year or so there will be no more honey bees left on earth. One year from now plus another 4 years gives us the year 2012

and the bees are dying.
thats a true fact. but why would we die???
Tomates
This is bullshit
brooklyneast05
can't wait, counting down the days
drinksmokefuck
i can add up dates too and claim its the end of the world
angelsdiss
I think that this speculation is just a bunch of crap that people are getting all freaked out about for no reason. I have a feeling that the Mayans stopped making the calendar on 21st December, 2012 because they were either bored or figured that it was so far into the future that it didn't really effect them. Seriously, if you have to write out a calendar, you'd go pretty crazy too.

And as Tomates said, the world didn't end on 6th June, 2006 either. Everybody said it was going to, so unless I'm in some sort of alternate realm without knowing it, the Earth is still okay. So put away your "Repent, the end is near" signs and calm down.
none345678
QUOTE(Mike @ Jul 23 2009, 07:49 AM) *
If it happens, it happens. We gotta die someday.

coconutter
I have honey bees in my backyard, and lots of honey

they aren't extinct

i'll let you know if they all drop dead 4 days before december 21st
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.