Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vectoring Programme
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
HeartOfPandora
Vector artists: do you generally use Photoshop or Illustrator to vector? Which do you find easier to use and why, and which is "actually" the better choice (despite whichever you use) for vectoring? If you tick both, please specify WHY in your comment.

I have both programmes from the CS4 series, and I'm about to start a human vector project but I wanted some input from the pros first before I get mad at one programme and not even try with the other.

Any other thoughts / comments / input would be much appreciated. :D
brooklyneast05
illustrator...because it's a vector based program. that's what it's made for.
hi-C
Exactly what I was going to say. You can't make vectors on Photoshop. You can make vexels and other similarly styled illustrations with Photoshop, but they won't be illustrations vectors.

And I'd recommend using Illustrator, because it puts the pen tool in Photoshop to shame.
Maccabee
What they said. Photoshop cant make vectors. Some people use inkscape but, it sucks.
superstitious
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:52 PM) *
illustrator...because it's a vector based program. that's what it's made for.

=)

I lost my copy of Illustrator though. :(
Maccabee
^ isohunt.com
superstitious
Honestly, I don't support torrenting software. But thank you.
Maccabee
I dont either. Simce you changed your avatar I thought you were a noob.
superstitious
Silly. ;)

I wouldn't mind some good vectoring tutorial linkage though. One day I'll get the program back, I'm sure.
Maccabee
Arent the pen tool, and whatever illustrator uses basically the same? For gimp tutorials I just look at photoshop tutorials. Because I can get the same thing I jyst have to do stuff in different ways.
hi-C
They're the same in theory, but in practice, they act in totally different ways. Illustrator's pen tool is more... functionally rigid than Photoshops. It's kind of hard to explain; you'll have to try them out for yourself.
Mikeplyts
Illustrator. 'nuff said. worthy.gif

My trial of it ran out though. sad.gif
HeartOfPandora
So basically just experiment around with Illustrator for a while and then go at it.
RealArtDesigns
look dude...

this is an stupid question...

photoshop is for retouching and makiing looks on photos...

&

illustrator for graphics that could change in whatever size...

and got more colors and got more potencial....

and i haven't try it... but i know that illustrator should be use to make logos for tv and other stuff that could be resize.

and even thought i dont got reason....

illustrator and photoshop got their difference... dont you think they will only make 1 program?

they got like 20 or 15 programs, the adobe company.
Tomates
QUOTE(RealArtDesigns @ Jul 2 2009, 04:42 PM) *
look dude...

&

and i haven't try it... but i know that illustrator should be use to make logos for tv and other stuff that could be resize.

illustrator and photoshop got their difference... dont you think they will only make 1 program?

How is his question stupid? Some people use different things.
HeartOfPandora
QUOTE(RealArtDesigns @ Jul 2 2009, 03:42 PM) *
look dude...

&

You're an idiot, and that made absolutely no sense. And I'm not a dude.
datass
QUOTE(RealArtDesigns @ Jul 3 2009, 04:42 AM) *
and got more colors

hehehe yeah right
RealArtDesigns
sorry ms.pandora

this is an stupid question evrey body know that adobe made different programs for different stuFF!

photoshop - designing

illsutrator - vectoring

get it!
RealArtDesigns
ma nikka f*ck you dog you shiit right i ain't been disrespecfull yo your girlfriend f*cking fat ass nikka you eat 20 bag of doritos a day..

bomb ass nikka from the 181 street bridge
HeartOfPandora
LOL!

Was that even CLOSE to English?!
Mikeplyts
loool.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! xD xD xD xD

what a f*cking dumbass. xD
Uronacid
QUOTE(RealArtDesigns @ Jul 7 2009, 03:27 PM) *
ma nikka f*ck you dog you shiit right i ain't been disrespecfull yo your girlfriend f*cking fat ass nikka you eat 20 bag of doritos a day..

bomb ass nikka from the 181 street bridge

Get over it Toby. Burn.
1angel3
I'm not a vectoring expert but I know enough that illustrator has a better pen tool and I like it a whole lot better. Photoshop's pen tool frustrates me and pisses me off sometimes.
creole
Illustrator.

I only have Photoshop Cs4 Extended, so I don't have illustrator. I guess if you're a total expert beyond the limits, you can make a vector similar to one in illustrator?
datass
to be honest though, maybe cuz im still getting the hang of illustrator, i find photoshop to be easier. probably cuz i know where all the tools are and what shortcuts to use and etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.