Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting pregnant on your Period.
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
ilovehaterz
"Can you get pregnant on your period?"
--->Okay, so this question has been brought up to me too many times and I don't know the answer..so I'm asking you girls, "can you get pregnant on your period?"
emberfly
Yes.
-DressYourEyelids-
yes. yes. yes.
ilovehaterz
What are the odds? Also, IF you get pregnant on your period...does the bleeding stop immediately?
Just_Dream
The bleeding won't stop immediately. Some of the endometrium (sp?) will shed while you are having your period and before you get pregnant, but the shedding takes a while before it exits your vagina. I hope this makes sense.
LoveToMySilas
Yes, this is something I've always been curious about as well. So...your period would basically continue normally and you would still be pregnant?
ilovehaterz
Eh, it kinda does. I figured you could get pregnant on your period cause I read that somewhere. I just don't understand how. And I/along with other people, wanna know the odds of getting pregnant on your period.
fathomlessdame
I almost laughed when the lady at Planned Parenthood said you can't get pregnant during your period. Because it is possible but pretty unlikely, why would you even want to have sex during it? That is gross.
tokyo-rose
Supposedly the safest time to have sex is when the girl's on her period, but you should always, always use protection nonetheless. It's completely foolhardy to have sex without a condom and/or being on the Pill just because you think the girl's menstruation will protect her from getting pregnant.
Maccabee
Girls are weirder then I thought.
All I know about periods is that I dont wanna be around girls when they are on them.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 20 2009, 01:43 AM) *
All I know about periods is that I dont wanna be around girls when they are on them.

How do any of the replies here give you the impression that we're that weird?
ley
I really thought you couldn't. I googled it yall are right you can. Most of the stuff i read says its because sperm hangs around in a womens for so long.
1angel3
QUOTE(fathomlessdame @ Jul 19 2009, 10:29 PM) *
I almost laughed when the lady at Planned Parenthood said you can't get pregnant during your period. Because it is possible but pretty unlikely, why would you even want to have sex during it? That is gross.

People probably do it in the shower, not as messy. That's the only way I can think of because doing it anywhere else will be very nasty and real messy.
rnicron
so i had a friend who had a friend who asked me if you could get pregnant on your period. I'M NOT ASKING BECAUSE I WANNA KNOW BECAUSE pssssssssssshhh I ALREADY KNOW BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I'M RIGHT. so what should i tell my friend's friend?
rnicron
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 20 2009, 12:43 AM) *
wow, you really are 13. let me guess, girls have cooties too, f****t
datass
you should be able to get pregnant. when the endometrium breaks down, another egg is already realized and is on its way to uterus.
frogthumb
Sperm can live in a girl's uterus for around 7 days. That's how you would get pregnant. You wouldn't actually be getting pregnant while you were menstruating but after your period was over the sperm would go and find the new egg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.