Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions about senior portraits?
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
princessx143
so i have to take my senior portraits next month. they mailed me the date & time and i have to call and make the appointment and stuff. one question i have is.. is it going to be just you and photographer(s) & whoever else works there or are there going to be classmates watching you?

another question i have is.. they said on the letter that they have rooms where you can change your outfits. do you have to bring multiple outfits or is that optional? it also says on the letter "We suggest you bring more than one outfit." also, so would it be better if we bought more than one outfit?

oh & does it take full body shots? cause i dont know if i should worry about what shoes to wear hahaha.

im nervous about this. hahaha. please help.
AyeVickaye
When I took senior pictures I did an outdoor session & casual session. & those two sessions costed $80, damn a lot. but yeah you can bring additional outfits & they give you a tent or make you go to the bathroom to change..& yeah its jst you & the photographer or you can bring someone to come along. Makes it a bit less awkward...

& if you're gonna buy copies, Ex. wallets 8 X 12, & etc. its gonna cost hellaella money. $100-$1200 for packages. ohmy.gif
princessx143
yeah. one of my sessions on the letter says its $70. and wow &100-$1200 is A LOT! and here i was thinking they were free.. cause i thought thats what the $70 was for. guess i was wrong. hah..
rnicron
QUOTE(xojessiee @ Jun 18 2009, 01:41 PM) *
another question i have is.. they said on the letter that they have rooms where you can change your outfits. do you have to bring multiple outfits or is that optional? it also says on the letter "We suggest you bring more than one outfit." also, so would it be better if we bought more than one outfit?
are you dumb? you just answered your own question.

uh duh
princessx143
they said they SUGGEST. does that mean that we should? or that we dont really HAVE to? theres a difference. jeez.

but thank you. you are very nice.....

& are they only top body shots? or do they do full ones? cause i dont know if i have to worry about shoes haha.
manny-the-dino
As far as the outfit thing, you should do what you want to do. If you find two cute outfits, go for it. If not, stick with what you have.

Honestly, I think you should be asking all these questions to the people at the studio because every place is different. Vickyee (AyeVickaye) said her pictures were done outdoors. Mine weren't. Mine were done in a studio. So we may be answering your questions but they may not be the right answers. But good luck on photo day. Don't be nervous. :)
AyeVickaye
They're gonna do all kinds of shots wide, medium, close up but when they submit your picture that you want in the yearbook they'll crop it to the appropiate size.
princessx143
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jun 18 2009, 10:38 PM) *
As far as the outfit thing, you should do what you want to do. If you find two cute outfits, go for it. If not, stick with what you have.

Honestly, I think you should be asking all these questions to the people at the studio because every place is different. Vickyee (AyeVickaye) said her pictures were done outdoors. Mine weren't. Mine were done in a studio. So we may be answering your questions but they may not be the right answers. But good luck on photo day. Don't be nervous. :)

hmm, i guess i can have my dad ask? he has to call them to confirm the appointment anyway. but i wanted an idea of what it would be like :) & thanks, ill try. haha =]
oh & i was wondering, should i bring a pair of shoes? like heels or something? because i only have one pair of black sneakers and i dont think that would look good lol.
Simba
dang $70, I thought I was cheap

well I guess there's that $1200 range
none345678
The cheapest we have is $90
princessx143
so my letter says it consists of sixteen poses. and when i went to macys with my mom, she saw her friend who has a daughter going into college. and her mom told my mom that its optional & you only need the one pic for your school yearbook? [me & my moms friends daughter goes to different schools so idk if its the same or different.] and so my mom think right now that i can only do one picture then leave? cause my mom doesnt really wanna pay the money :/ my dad hasnt even confirmed my appointment yet and the letter came yesterday..
AyeVickaye
the photographer takes multiple shots of you in different angles and they tell you to make an appointment to view and choose what picture you want in the yearbook and ones you want to buy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.