Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who actually eats their vegetables??
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
Pages: 1, 2
iExquisite
Anyone??
hypnotique
Moved to food.

I do! I do!
except for carrots I dont care for them much.
brooklyneast05
i do depending on the vegetable
AyeVickaye
i do if you throw some seasoning on it.
iExquisite
QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jun 13 2009, 04:38 PM) *
i do if you throw some seasoning on it.

seasoning?? whats that?
Gigi
Yes. I'm Asian.
iExquisite
QUOTE(Gigi @ Jun 13 2009, 04:48 PM) *
Yes. I'm Asian.

what is that suppose to mean?
are u saying all Asians eat vegetables?
Gigi
^ In short, yes.
AyeVickaye
salt, pepper, garlic, or oyster sauce and chicken flavoring... My mama makes some good ass broccoli. stir fry meng
LittleMissSunshine
lol i eat my veggies, except for Brussels sprouts, i never tasted them, cause they don't look good xD
iExquisite
QUOTE(Gigi @ Jun 13 2009, 04:54 PM) *
^ In short, yes.

thats so not true
iExquisite
QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jun 13 2009, 04:54 PM) *
salt, pepper, garlic, or oyster sauce and chicken flavoring... My mama makes some good ass broccoli. stir fry meng

i hate broccoli
how does she make them?
AyeVickaye
With a explosion of flavor. Its like a party in your mouth aha Its a light salty taste with chicken flavoring. That shizz is the bizz
heyo-captain-jack
The only vegetable I can't stand is Brussels sprouts. I love everything else.
iExquisite
QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jun 13 2009, 05:10 PM) *
With a explosion of flavor. Its like a party in your mouth aha Its a light salty taste with chicken flavoring. That shizz is the bizz

Sounds good!
i wish my mamma can make it like that
iExquisite
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Jun 13 2009, 05:21 PM) *

i Agree
its plain nasty
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jun 13 2009, 04:22 PM) *

I like baby carrots. happy.gif

I love vegetables! Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, lettuce, tomatoes (so it's technically a fruit; whatever), potatoes, cucumber, celery, eggplant, bok choy, bittermelon, I like them all.
none345678
Cucumbers are love. I eat lettuce and celery sometimes too. And of course potatoes.
-DressYourEyelids-
considering i've lived a meatless diet for 3+ years, i sure hope so.
my favourites are asparagus, sweet corn and turnips :)
emberfly
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jun 13 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Moved to food.

I do! I do!

I agree.

Carrots are only good if they're in soup. Otherwise, sick.gif.

I love peas and lima beans. Corn on the cob with butter is yummy, too.

Lima beans > ice cream.
iExquisite
QUOTE(interpretation @ Jun 13 2009, 06:20 PM) *
I like baby carrots. happy.gif

I love vegetables! Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, lettuce, tomatoes (so it's technically a fruit; whatever), potatoes, cucumber, celery, eggplant, bok choy, bittermelon, I like them all.

wow thats really good
you are very healthy
but lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes doesn't count-people eat those on the daily bases

QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jun 13 2009, 04:22 PM) *
Moved to food.

I do! I do!

QUOTE(emberfly @ Jun 13 2009, 09:24 PM) *
I agree.

Carrots are only good if they're in soup. Otherwise, sick.gif .

I love peas and lima beans. Corn on the cob with butter is yummy, too.

Lima beans > ice cream.

i like carrots
i don't eat them everyday but its okay especially baby carrots
Dip them in Ranch dressing and its so good
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(iExquisite @ Jun 13 2009, 11:24 PM) *
but lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes doesn't count-people eat those on the daily bases

Haha, okay then.

I forgot to mention corn, squash, and Japanese pumpkin. The last vegetable is really good.
nikx618
YES. i eat pretty much all vegetables
except raw &bitter onions on burgers xP
i love everything else though, aha, but brussel sprouts? i haven't really tried them, so i can't judge.
lesliehp
I do. Once you eat healthy and go back to unhealthy it's not the same anymore.
ley
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jun 13 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Moved to food.

I do! I do!

x2 I really dont love carrots, but for some reason i do like baby carrots. Theyre kind of sweeter i think.
illriginal
i do...

I love vegetables. If you don't like them, you need to season them better... it's the seasonings / sauces you use that makes the vegetables taste awesome >.>

Though I could eat raw carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli with ranch dressing happy.gif
fainaru
I don't eat cooked carrots, and I don't eat salads unfortunately, but I like corn, cooked lettuce, don't like broccoli cause I have to eat that boiled so it doesn't taste that great, love cooked green beans, don't like snow peas because usually we get leftovers and they turn yellow-green after, tomatoes are good, cucumber, peppers are delicious, squash is fine with me too.
superstitious
Heh. I thought I was a rarity (a vegetable lover who doesn't care for raw carrots).

I love glazed carrots though.

And yes, I eat vegetables constantly. Typically, I eat more fruits and vegetables than anything else. I'm in my early 30's with a dwindling metabolism, so it's pretty much a must.
sixfive
Eh I'm young living on campus with a kick ass metabolism and a shitty kitchen, so I don't go out of my way to. I'm not opposed to it though, I love vegetables, notably zuchini, onions, and asparagus when done right. Mostly eat granola, oatmeal, turkey sandwiches on wheat, bagels, and juice.
none345678
I used to eat onions raw. I love french onion soup. Hate making it though.
superstitious
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jun 14 2009, 06:15 PM) *

Man, french onion soup, REAL french onion soup with the cheese and the fat crusty crouton on top is goddamn amazing.
hi-C
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Jun 13 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Brussel sprouts are AMAZING. You've gotta try them sauteed.

QUOTE(DressYourEyelids @ Jun 13 2009, 09:22 PM) *
considering i've lived a meatless diet for 3+ years, i sure hope so.
my favourites are asparagus, sweet corn and turnips :)
Co-sign.
iExquisite
QUOTE(fainaru @ Jun 14 2009, 06:29 PM) *
I don't eat cooked carrots, and I don't eat salads unfortunately, but I like corn, cooked lettuce, don't like broccoli cause I have to eat that boiled so it doesn't taste that great, love cooked green beans, don't like snow peas because usually we get leftovers and they turn yellow-green after, tomatoes are good, cucumber, peppers are delicious, squash is fine with me too.

i hate cooked carrots as well
but how can you not like salads??
its the most common

QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 14 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Heh. I thought I was a rarity (a vegetable lover who doesn't care for raw carrots).

I love glazed carrots though.

And yes, I eat vegetables constantly. Typically, I eat more fruits and vegetables than anything else. I'm in my early 30's with a dwindling metabolism, so it's pretty much a must.

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jun 14 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Eh I'm young living on campus with a kick ass metabolism and a shitty kitchen, so I don't go out of my way to. I'm not opposed to it though, I love vegetables, notably zuchini, onions, and asparagus when done right. Mostly eat granola, oatmeal, turkey sandwiches on wheat, bagels, and juice.

what does metabolism have to do with you eating vegetables??
i am not quite clear on that

QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jun 14 2009, 07:15 PM) *

raw onions??
how does french onion soup taste?
and how is your breath after eating it?
iExquisite
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 14 2009, 05:53 PM) *
i do...
I love vegetables. If you don't like them, you need to season them better... it's the seasonings / sauces you use that makes the vegetables taste awesome >.>
Though I could eat raw carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli with ranch dressing happy.gif

ranch dressing! thats one of the way i get myself to eat vegetables
by having a little ranch dressing on the side
iExquisite
QUOTE(interpretation @ Jun 14 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Haha, okay then.

I forgot to mention corn, squash, and Japanese pumpkin. The last vegetable is really good.

What does Japanese pumpkin taste like?
if there is anyway to describe the taste
karmakiller
I'll eat practically any cooked vegetable, but onions have to actually be cooked for me to eat them. The only vegetables that I will stay away from are tomatoes (in culinary terms), cucumbers, and radishes (they taste like dirt).

As far as raw veggies are concerned, I LOVE broccoli, spinach, zucchini, snap peas, green peas (I'll go out an pick them out of the field), alfalfa sprouts, and greens. I'm not really a fan of iceberg lettuce because it doesn't taste good. I don't really care for carrots unless there is dip.

Don't even get me started on fruit, haha.
iExquisite
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jun 15 2009, 12:41 AM) *
I'll eat practically any cooked vegetable, but onions have to actually be cooked for me to eat them. The only vegetables that I will stay away from are tomatoes (in culinary terms), cucumbers, and radishes (they taste like dirt).

As far as raw veggies are concerned, I LOVE broccoli, spinach, zucchini, snap peas, green peas (I'll go out an pick them out of the field), alfalfa sprouts, and greens. I'm not really a fan of iceberg lettuce because it doesn't taste good. I don't really care for carrots unless there is dip.
Don't even get me started on fruit, haha.

The only vegetables that I will stay away from are tomatoes (in culinary terms), cucumbers, and radishes (they taste like dirt).

are you serious?? these are things used to make salads

and i am getting you started on fruits!
what about them?
karmakiller
^ No, spinach, baby greens, tango, red leaf, radicchio, broccoli, frisee, sugar snap peas, chopped walnuts, vinaigrette and occasionally mushrooms make a salad :P

I like fruit more than I like vegetables, so my favorite fruits list is really long.
Harp
i used to be in love with lima beans...

i like a lot of veggies, i guess.
iExquisite
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jun 15 2009, 04:35 PM) *
^ No, spinach, baby greens, tango, red leaf, radicchio, broccoli, frisee, sugar snap peas, chopped walnuts, vinaigrette and occasionally mushrooms make a salad :P

I like fruit more than I like vegetables, so my favorite fruits list is really long.

ohh cool!

QUOTE(moirakas @ Jun 15 2009, 04:45 PM) *
i used to be in love with lima beans...

i like a lot of veggies, i guess.

lima beans is not a vegetable but its good stuff
Harp
I was reffering to someone else's post...
iExquisite
QUOTE(moirakas @ Jun 15 2009, 04:51 PM) *
I was reffering to someone else's post...

ok.
sixfive
QUOTE(iExquisite @ Jun 15 2009, 03:50 PM) *
ohh cool!
lima beans is not a vegetable but its good stuff

Phaseolus lunatus is a legume. It is grown for its seed, which is eaten as a vegetable

tbh
iExquisite
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jun 15 2009, 05:11 PM) *
tbh

tbh?
what does that stand for>?
Harp
to be honest...
superstitious
QUOTE(iExquisite @ Jun 14 2009, 11:16 PM) *
what does metabolism have to do with you eating vegetables??
i am not quite clear on that

Typically, vegetables (without a lot of sauce, butter, etc) are low in fat and calories. Someone with a less active metabolism is less likely to gain weight with a diet rich in fruit and vegetables with a fair amount of exercise.
raw onions??
how does french onion soup taste?
and how is your breath after eating it?

I'm not sure how to describe french onion soup. I'd google it and look at some pictures. xD
iExquisite
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 15 2009, 07:19 PM) *
Typically, vegetables (without a lot of sauce, butter, etc) are low in fat and calories. Someone with a less active metabolism is less likely to gain weight with a diet rich in fruit and vegetables with a fair amount of exercise.

I'm not sure how to describe french onion soup. I'd google it and look at some pictures. xD

ok cool
smash
i love vegetables. i think the only vegetables that i've come across and didn't like were brussel sprouts. i love mushrooms, carrots, celery, potatoes, collard green, and some others. there are other veggies that i like as accompaniments in/with sauces, soups, etc but not necessarily by themselves.
iExquisite
QUOTE(smash @ Jun 17 2009, 04:26 PM) *
i love vegetables. i think the only vegetables that i've come across and didn't like were brussel sprouts. i love mushrooms, carrots, celery, potatoes, collard green, and some others. there are other veggies that i like as accompaniments in/with sauces, soups, etc but not necessarily by themselves.

i don't think anyone likes brussel sprouts
the way it looks just turns me or people away from it
smash
QUOTE(iExquisite @ Jun 17 2009, 07:16 PM) *
i don't think anyone likes brussel sprouts
the way it looks just turns me or people away from it

it's not the look for me, it's the taste. they taste rotten.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.