Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fat people
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Pages: 1, 2
Maccabee
If you are fat, I am truly sorry. But why do so many people choose to be fat? It is a choice. It's just a whole wasted life. And they must be miserable. If they could only control themselves. Every time I see a fat person, it makes me sad that they represent America. Fat people are the shame of America. I know. I'm harsh. And everyone but tama is gonna hate me for saying this.

Its just so sad.
rnicron
you've got to be kidding me.
tokyo-rose
No one chooses to be fat; it kind of just happens. If you mean that they should try harder to stay healthy and exercise so that they aren't overweight or obese then I agree, but otherwise, you've got it all wrong.
rnicron
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229104

topic closed.
brooklyneast05
i wouldn't call fat people a "wasted life", i duno about you but i've seen a lot of fat millionaires/successful people.
Tomates
even people who are considered Morbidly obese have a food addiction. Like me and im sure many people question "cant they just...stop eating? They must get full" but to them its like someone being addicted to cocaine or meth.
superstitious
QUOTE(rnicron @ Jun 8 2009, 06:36 PM) *

Well isn't that a coincidence.
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 8 2009, 05:22 PM) *
If you are fat, I am truly sorry. But why do so many people choose to be fat? It is a choice. It's just a whole wasted life. And they must be miserable. If they could only control themselves. Every time I see a fat person, it makes me sad that they represent America. Fat people are the shame of America. I know. I'm harsh. And everyone but tama is gonna hate me for saying this.

Its just so sad.

You are not harsh. You seem like an unfortunate individual who will post anything, including ignorant topics such as this one to get attention. I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you.

That being said, not all fat people make the choice to be fat. Try interviewing an elderly person with severe diabetes with circulatory manifestations with a history of falls and hip fractures. I'm fairly certain they didn't make the choice to skip the treadmill. Just an example for you, since I try to at least touch upon topics.
karmakiller
Odd that you're the one making a topic like this. But I guess it's a Joseph topic.

- Stop judging people. If you take so much pity on fat people then I surely hope that you aren't friends with any. I wouldn't want to be friends with you either.

- Not everyone you see is "fat". Here's a little something for you to think about: a lot of people think my mom is fat because she has thousands of tumors in her body that make her retain fluid (she has lymph nodes removed a few years ago, too). Do you think she's a wasted life because her body does not function like yours?

- What about people who are taking medications? I was on medication in 2007 that made it hard for me to control my weight. I surely didn't choose for that to happen.

- People who have their thyroid taken out have a fluctuating weight.

Whenever I see people who act like you, it makes me sad that you represent America.
Deospeon
f*ckin stop makin boring topics.
Even our parents are fat.
Why dont you go up to your mommy and be like "DAMN MOM WHY ARE YOU DO FAT"
brooklyneast05
lmao this topic
shanaynay
Replace the word fat, with the word gay, and you would be a republican.

Actually you could replace the word fat with anything you wanted.... Methinks Jcp stole this from madlibs.
reupONtrees
dude im calling it

in terms of idiocy jcp > illmortal
illriginal
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 8 2009, 06:22 PM) *

Its just so sad.

There's a lot of reasons.

Lack of nutrition. Stress. Lack of hydration. Consistently buying fast food and other non-nutritional, especially, greasy foods.

The problem we have in America is primarily dealing with the food industry. We're being fed too much non-organic foods. Especially fast food. Fast food on a daily basis seems to be quick and cheap. In reality fast food is actually more expensive then good quality food. And to make it even more sad, in America, organic food is more expensive than the other two qualities of food, thus being regular grocery food, and fast food.

Not only that but I've noticed that we typically eat until we're full.. in reality this isn't healthy. You shouldn't eat until you're uncomfortably full.

Outside of food, I've noticed that as I get older and miss my great child hood experience of being out in the wilderness and being involved with sports etc... that the newer generations (generation x) tend to be more into just "hanging out" instead of enjoying sports or just over all nature. Because of this, children / young teens are not burning enough calories as they're not athletic or involved with some sort of physical recreation.

These are just some examples that we're dealing with here at home. And it is quite sad that it's more common to see fat people then it is to see skinny / thin people.
reupONtrees
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 9 2009, 04:22 AM) *
Outside of food, I've noticed that as I get older and miss my great child hood experience of being out in the wilderness and being involved with sports etc... that the newer generations (generation x) tend to be more into just "hanging out" instead of enjoying sports or just over all nature. Because of this, children / young teens are not burning enough calories as they're not athletic or involved with some sort of physical recreation.

just a few things to point out

1. wilderness? wtf did you grow up with bears or some shit?
2. i think you mean generation y
3. kids do get enough exercise, its the adults who don't. most middle and high schools have required PE classes. 30-60 min of physical activity 5 days a week is more than enough
superstitious
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 9 2009, 06:22 AM) *
There's a lot of reasons.
Lack of nutrition. Stress. Lack of hydration. Consistently buying fast food and other non-nutritional, especially, greasy foods.

The problem we have in America is primarily dealing with the food industry. We're being fed too much non-organic foods. Especially fast food. Fast food on a daily basis seems to be quick and cheap. In reality fast food is actually more expensive then good quality food. And to make it even more sad, in America, organic food is more expensive than the other two qualities of food, thus being regular grocery food, and fast food.
Not only that but I've noticed that we typically eat until we're full.. in reality this isn't healthy. You shouldn't eat until you're uncomfortably full.

These are just some examples that we're dealing with here at home. And it is quite sad that it's more common to see fat people then it is to see skinny / thin people.

There's some good insight and observations in this reply, which is nice to see. I'm not saying that health isn't an issue, but to make dogmatic statements regarding obesity, such as ones made in the original topic post is inane.

On the subject of health, it's unfortunate that organic foods are so expensive, in comparison to readily available and quite frankly, cheap junk and fast food.
Maccabee
It was just an observation I made really. Karmakiller: if you can't control it then that's a differrent story. You can't bring other diseases that make people look fat into this. I have seen many fat people decide that they aren't happy with their life, and start dieting, and even if the odds of them losing all the weight arent very, high, its the idea that they are trying.

You cant call me an idiot for sharing my opinion.

And tama i didnt read your post, but i guess you were giving reasons why some people are fat, im not including those people. Im talking about people who are totally normal, with kids, and have a job, but when they go to pizza hut they choose to have 8 slices of pizza instead of 2. And then of course there are overweight children, the worst kind of overweight person, because they have to live with it their whole life. But that is do to bad parenting. And again this is excluding children with diseases that make them fat. It's just parents that let their kid eat whatever they want. And they aren't ruining their kids life but they are degrading it.
sixfive
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 8 2009, 08:23 PM) *
dude im calling it

in terms of idiocy jcp > illmortal

jcp = susan roh's little brother
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 9 2009, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 9 2009, 08:38 AM) *
On the subject of health, it's unfortunate that organic foods are so expensive, in comparison to readily available and quite frankly, cheap junk and fast food.

i agree with both of these. i hateeeeee how much it costs to buy organic. i make a really big effort to buy as much as i possibly can at this organic locally owned store, but sometimes i just have to be like f*ck it and go somewhere else cause i can't afford the extra money it costs.

but even worse is that there are numerous places that don't even have a grocery store to buy any kind of real food. all they can eat is fast food or something from a connivence store. you should take that into consideration too joseph. it's pretty sad, and i'm not saying that these families can't maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it's pretty damn hard. if you go to work all day long and then you have to commute somewhere to buy groceries that's not an easy thing to do. it's poor communities and there's not much they can do about it. to move somewhere else would cost money, ect ect. another sucky situation of poverty. i can't really imagine having to commute like 30 minutes away or something to buy some lettuce.

this video is about a program that's working to bring grocery stuff into these neighborhoods. it's pretty interesting if you don't know this problem exists.

none345678
Seriously Joseph, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt when you post stupid stuff like this since you are really young, but it gets to a point where your ignorance out ways your youth and I have to just conclude that you are indeed an idiot.
ley
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 9 2009, 11:05 AM) *
i agree with both of these. i hateeeeee how much it costs to buy organic. i make a really big effort to buy as much as i possibly can at this organic locally owned store, but sometimes i just have to be like f*ck it and go somewhere else cause i can't afford the extra money it costs.
but even worse is that there are numerous places that don't even have a grocery store to buy any kind of real food. all they can eat is fast food or something from a connivence store. you should take that into consideration too joseph. it's pretty sad, and i'm not saying that these families can't maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it's pretty damn hard. if you go to work all day long and then you have to commute somewhere to buy groceries that's not an easy thing to do. it's poor communities and there's not much they can do about it. to move somewhere else would cost money, ect ect. another sucky situation of poverty. i can't really imagine having to commute like 30 minutes away or something to buy some lettuce.

this video is about a program that's working to bring grocery stuff into these neighborhoods. it's pretty interesting if you don't know this problem exists.

We have a farmers market here where i live. Almost everything grown here is organic, and the prices are alot cheaper than most stores when u buy from the farmers.
Maccabee
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jun 9 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Seriously Joseph, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt when you post stupid stuff like this since you are really young, but it gets to a point where your ignorance out ways your youth and I have to just conclude that you are indeed an idiot.

blink.gif

Thanks?
Just_Dream
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 9 2009, 08:20 AM) *
And then of course there are overweight children, the worst kind of overweight person, because they have to live with it their whole life.

They don't "have to live with it their whole life" because they may slim down and change their habits by being more active and eating more healthy. You act as if people are going to physically stay the same for the rest of their life.
rnicron
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 9 2009, 10:20 AM) *
It was just an observation I made really. Karmakiller: if you can't control it then that's a differrent story. You can't bring other diseases that make people look fat into this. I have seen many fat people decide that they aren't happy with their life, and start dieting, and even if the odds of them losing all the weight arent very, high, its the idea that they are trying.

And tama i didnt read your post, but i guess you were giving reasons why some people are fat, im not including those people. Im talking about people who are totally normal, with kids, and have a job, but when they go to pizza hut they choose to have 8 slices of pizza instead of 2. And then of course there are overweight children, the worst kind of overweight person, because they have to live with it their whole life. But that is do to bad parenting. And again this is excluding children with diseases that make them fat. It's just parents that let their kid eat whatever they want. And they aren't ruining their kids life but they are degrading it.
you can't make a topic generalizing all fat people, and then take it back for certain instances, or exclude why certain cases don't hold true.

you sir are not skinny yourself. back up.
Maccabee
QUOTE(rnicron @ Jun 9 2009, 03:04 PM) *
you can't make a topic generalizing all fat people, and then take it back for certain instances, or exclude why certain cases don't hold true.

you sir are not skinny yourself. back up.

Im saying people who are fat from a lack of self control and eating to much. And I am a healthy weight. You just want me to take my shirt of to prove it. Perv.
superstitious
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 8 2009, 05:22 PM) *

Its just so sad.

Those are pretty generalizing statements and it is more than likely what people are taking issue with in this topic. It's not that obesity due to laziness doens't exist, it's that you lump people in this one all mighty category and it simply isn't true.
Blyat
For some people it is a certain health condition where the brain basically doesn't tell them when or when they are not Full. So they will keep eating.

Something like that, im no doctor.
rnicron
QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 9 2009, 03:18 PM) *
Im saying people who are fat from a lack of self control and eating to much. And I am a healthy weight. You just want me to take my shirt of to prove it. Perv.
exactly, chubs.
illriginal
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 9 2009, 08:41 AM) *
just a few things to point out

1. wilderness? wtf did you grow up with bears or some shit?
2. i think you mean generation y
3. kids do get enough exercise, its the adults who don't. most middle and high schools have required PE classes. 30-60 min of physical activity 5 days a week is more than enough

1. you're an idiot. try harder to be funny.

2. generation x, y, and so on.

3. So you think 1 year of PE is enough? Keep smoking your imaginary weed and please refrain from replyin to ANY of my posts.

/facepalm
karmakiller
'Cause you totally made it very clear what type of "fat person" you were talking about:
If you are fat, I am truly sorry. But why do so many people choose to be fat? It is a choice.

And you said when you SEE fat people. You didn't say WHEN I GET TO KNOW PEOPLE WHO ARE FAT AND I DETAIL THEIR LIVES TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY ARE FAT.

And then of course there are overweight children, the worst kind of overweight person, because they have to live with it their whole life. But that is do to bad parenting.
According to your little theory then you're going to be chubby all your life, too. And your parents must be bad parents because they're feeding you. I mean, parents are obviously there 24/7 to monitor what their children eat.
Tung
lol @ fat people calling out fat people
Deospeon
Joseph...
shanaynay

bettar
Maccabee
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jun 9 2009, 05:46 PM) *
'Cause you totally made it very clear what type of "fat person" you were talking about:
And you said when you SEE fat people. You didn't say WHEN I GET TO KNOW PEOPLE WHO ARE FAT AND I DETAIL THEIR LIVES TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY ARE FAT.

According to your little theory then you're going to be chubby all your life, too. And your parents must be bad parents because they're feeding you. I mean, parents are obviously there 24/7 to monitor what their children eat.

Holy freaking heck. I am not chubby. And parents are! They make food for them or buy it for them so they can always control what they are eating. But they choose to let them eat whatever they want!
Im sorry if I have offended anyone! Just sharing my opinion!

Do you. Or do you not agree. That it is sad to see a teenager, miserable through high school because they are overweight? YES OR NO ANSWER!

If you say no, you are a very mean person, and if you say yes you are agreeing with me. No buts. pun
none345678
Not all fat kids are miserable, genius. And if there weren't people like you there would be no need for them to be miserable. It's a choice, one that you have no right what so ever judging people on.
emberfly
This thread is very hypocritical. laugh.gif
Deospeon
Joseph stop posting bullshit threads.
Im bored
Maccabee
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jun 9 2009, 09:43 PM) *
Not all fat kids are miserable, genius. And if there weren't people like you there would be no need for them to be miserable. It's a choice, one that you have no right what so ever judging people on.

Im not judging them. I feel bad for them. Im not mean to anyone. Except for you losers. Or atleast I try. lol, jk.
karmakiller
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jun 9 2009, 09:43 PM) *
THIS

Joseph, you're judging them by saying that they are miserable.
schizo
Don't judge until you've hit your prime chubbing out years. Wait until you get to your thirties and your metabolism slows down to grandma speed. You'll become a total lard and be laughed at by kids like your current self.
reupONtrees
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 9 2009, 03:30 PM) *
1. you're an idiot. try harder to be funny.

2. generation x, y, and so on.

3. So you think 1 year of PE is enough? Keep smoking your imaginary weed and please refrain from replyin to ANY of my posts.

/facepalm

you realize high school and middle school isn't just 1 year right? lmao f*cking idiot

my god its like a war, JCP vs. illmortal, neither ever fails to disgrace themselves
heyo-captain-jack

I can eat an entire pizza in one sitting, it's not just how you eat. Things like stress, overall physical activity, metabolism, amount of sleep, etc are much more important than how much you eat.
illriginal
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 10 2009, 12:35 AM) *
you realize high school and middle school isn't just 1 year right? lmao f*cking idiot

my god its like a war, JCP vs. illmortal, neither ever fails to disgrace themselves

oh my god... 2 years out of what? 50 potential years of being active?

please just stfu.
datass
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 10 2009, 12:35 PM) *

hehe yea
reupONtrees
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 10 2009, 12:47 AM) *
oh my god... 2 years out of what? 50 potential years of being active?
please just stfu.

jesus f*cking christ you retarded f*ck, do you not read anything, my f*cking god, here let me make it simple middle + high school = roughly 6-7 years, not f*cking 1 or 2 penis breathe

Because of this, children / young teens are not burning enough calories as they're not athletic or involved with some sort of physical recreation.

QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 9 2009, 05:41 AM) *

Because of this, children / young teens are not burning enough calories as they're not athletic or involved with some sort of physical recreation.

illriginal
QUOTE(reupONtrees @ Jun 10 2009, 06:26 AM) *
jesus f*cking christ you retarded f*ck, do you not read anything, my f*cking god, here let me make it simple middle + high school = roughly 6-7 years, not f*cking 1 or 2 penis breathe

lol you're such a f*ckin homo. I hope you catch AIDS and someone you love dies in front of you, preferably your home burning down leaving you as a pathetic orphan, f****t biggrin.gif
brooklyneast05
oh is that what islam advocates
Harp
QUOTE(illriginal @ Jun 10 2009, 01:43 PM) *
lol you're such a f*ckin homo. I hope you catch AIDS and someone you love dies in front of you, preferably your home burning down leaving you as a pathetic orphan, f****t biggrin.gif

you get proved wrong, and you just can't stand that, huh?
rolleyes.gif so childish.
emberfly
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:55 PM) *
oh is that what islam advocates

loool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gifloool.gifrofl1.gif

It's what tama advocates tongue.gif
Vag
no one chooses to be fat, some ppl are boren that way, some cant help it and every ones different thats something U have to LURN, and alotta people look good fat not everyone has to be skiny and alotta BIG people have alotta confadent in being who they are and thats a good thing, im not fat but theirs nothing wrond with it..and if ur skinny no one makes fun of u so stop being ingorant, its not all about the outside its whats on the inside that counts witch is called personality wacko.gif
Tung
sumo's choose to be fat .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.