Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ewwww
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
karmakiller
I don't know if this 100% true, but:
Canned pineapples can contain up to: 20 percent positive mold tests
Canned tomatoes can contain up to: 5 fly eggs and 1 maggot per 500 grams
Frozen broccoli can contain up to: 60 mites per 100 grams
Ground cinnamon can contain up to: 400 insect fragments and 11 rodent hairs per 50 grams
Peanut butter can contain up to: 30 insect gragments or 1 rodent hair per 100
grams
Popcorn can contain up to: 20 gnawed grains or 2 rodent hairs per pound
Potato chips can contain up to: 6 percent rotten chips
Article here:

So, have you ever found something gross in your food?
emberfly
obviously this thing is stupid, if I shaved a mouse a put it in my popcorn, it would only contain up to 2 rodent hairs per pound?

That article = fail.
karmakiller
QUOTE(emberfly @ May 29 2009, 07:10 PM) *
obviously this thing is stupid, if I shaved a mouse a put it in my popcorn, it would only contain up to 2 rodent hairs per pound?

That article = fail.

The article lists what the food is allowed to have per whatever to still be allowed to be put on the shelf.
emberfly
QUOTE(karmakiller @ May 29 2009, 07:14 PM) *
The article lists what the food is allowed to have per whatever to still be allowed to be put on the shelf.

Oh, I see. That sucks _unsure.gif

bastard food companies stubborn.gif
karmakiller
I know. Good thing I actually look at my food before I eat it... and most of the time cook it.

-DressYourEyelids-
i'm grossed out.
i found long blond hairs in a loaf of bread once. now i make my own.
illriginal
lol...
schizo
That's pretty disgusting. I don't know if I've ever had any problems with food I've bought at stores, but I've gotten more free meals from being given nasty food at restaurants than I can count. The worst was when my whopper at Burger King had their marking pencil in it. I haven't eaten there since.
LittleMissSunshine
hair in tacos, ruined my mood for tacos every time i think about that image.
iDecay
My WHAP teacher told us about that. You're not going to actually see the things in there most of the time, they're going to be microscopic.
Simba
and it won't really matter so don't be such sissies!

good thing I don't eat canned foods in general though
illriginal
lol if yall only knew about cockroaches.
Maccabee
My brother found a ladybug in a salad bag. And I saw a failblog picture that had a salad containing a toad.
-DressYourEyelids-

OMG! NOT ON MY SALAD!
none345678
Honestly, if I don't see or taste it I could care less. When I was growing up ants would get into my grandmas food a lot, and she would just tell us that its extra protein.
illriginal
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ May 30 2009, 04:20 PM) *
Honestly, if I don't see or taste it I could care less. When I was growing up ants would get into my grandmas food a lot, and she would just tell us that its extra protein.

OMG... ROFLMAO My lady's dad does the same ass thing. He'd be eating cereal and there would be ants in his cereal and he'll straight up eat it and be like, "pfffft... they shouldn't have been in my food, now they're just extra protein"

sick.gif I cannot eat food with insects in it.
Maccabee
I would be to afraid to eat ants unless they have been, fried, seared or something, cause they must be riddled with disease from all the dead animals they crawl on.
none345678
...I wouldn't actually eat them. lol But eating food that more than likely had a couple ants crawl on it wasn't a big deal.
karmakiller
I never go to the salad bar, because I always wonder about who was there before I got there... and if they sneezed or picked their nose and then touched the food.
-DressYourEyelids-
QUOTE(karmakiller @ May 30 2009, 09:12 PM) *
I never go to the salad bar, because I always wonder about who was there before I got there... and if they sneezed or picked their nose and then touched the food.

when i was in highschool i worked as a dishwasher and a shortorder cook [when i got a bit older].

a. when i was just the dishwasher, afterhours they'de send me to the basement to make pizza dough for the next day. there would be millions of flies laying eggs and sexing it up on the dough.
b. i walked in on a fat chef named jp, who was honestly about 500 pounds [i had to pick things up for him as he couldn't bend down] jacking off amongst the pizza dough.
c. there was a "no washing hands" policy. the manager thought that would slow things down.
d. glasses/dishes would constantly break and fall into the food that was being prepared and it would be served anyways.
e. i've seen fallen pasta picked off the floor only to be put back on the plate...
f. ... and urine used as lighter fluid on the grills.

oh god. i could go on and on...

hypnotique
^For some reason im not surprised by this.

In my culinary years i have worked for many crack pot ass restaurants who just didn't give a shit because they made minimum pay. its really sad that there are some people who don't take others in consideration because they are too busy being spiteful and/or ungrateful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.