Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Anon Community
Forums > Community Center > Debate
fameONE
Do you think that it is possible for anonymous, online, web-goers to organize and actually have a structured rebellion against a large, governing body?

The majority of us have seen V for Vendetta (or, at least, are familiar with the comic), and it is inspiring to see the masses unite to become one. Well, with the advancements made in technology, imagine if that same concept was applied online and the masses rallied and rose up against, let's say, the Federal Reserve and the IRS.

Could this possible?
Would it be beneficial?

Discuss.
illriginal
lol yes.

You should go on the IRC if you can get an invite. You'd be in for a treat.

I'll give you a hint.. technology will be used as a proxy weapon.

(no terrorist)
fameONE
I get invited to the chan pretty often.

But I want to hear your views on this. Elaborate. I know you have tons to add on the subject.
illriginal
Simply put, the legitimate Anon, has the capability of having an internet campaign against any governing body. When they do RAIDS they gather thousands of people from across the world and unleash their hell. Hell if they wanted they could easily shut down a computerized industry.

The funny thing is, they have their own lingo... their own language in a sense. So you may think they're talking about one thing but in reality they're setting something up or simply talking about something completely different.
Tung
is this topic because ANON and 4chan, and other -chan related websites have been shut down recently?
illriginal
lol Anon hasn't been shut down.. Anon is not synonymous to 4chan other than it picks up a bunch of groupies who are willing to help in RAIDS. o.O;

But what happened with 4chan?
heyo-captain-jack
Nothing happened with 4chan. It was down a few days ago, but as shitty as moot's servers are, this is no surprise.
12chan has been going down a lot lately, but nothing of value has been lost.

On topic, I believe that it could happen quite easily if the entirety of Anonymous would get off it's ass long enough to do something.
Tung
the partyvan has come that's why

anonib.com is closed because of the partyvan and is moving to mindpoop.com
heyo-captain-jack
I never saw that anonib was closed. fff something of value was lost there.
brooklyneast05
i have no clue what anyone is talking about or even what you guys sentences mean. this must be the other language _unsure.gif

seasonal0.gif *exits*
illriginal
QUOTE(Tung @ May 5 2009, 07:02 PM) *
the partyvan has come that's why

anonib.com is closed because of the partyvan and is moving to mindpoop.com

oh ok a website.. I thought you meant like... the organization, "anon" lol
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 5 2009, 06:08 PM) *
i have no clue what anyone is talking about or even what you guys sentences mean. this must be the other language _unsure.gif
seasonal0.gif *exits*

This is a bit of that other language.
hypnotique
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 5 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Nothing happened with 4chan. It was down a few days ago, but as shitty as moot's servers are, this is no surprise.
12chan has been going down a lot lately, but nothing of value has been lost.

On topic, I believe that it could happen quite easily if the entirety of Anonymous would get off it's ass long enough to do something.

I agree.
Most of anon are 13 year old boys just learning how to hax0r.

theres very few serious ones anymore IMO.
sixfive
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 5 2009, 06:13 PM) *
This is a bit of that other language.

Not exactly hard to interpret.
illriginal
QUOTE(hypnotique @ May 5 2009, 07:38 PM) *
I agree.

lol.. no.

Majority of Anon are definitely 18+ and many of them are 30+

What you're describing are the kids from 4chan who actually believe Anon really even gives a crap about them just because Anon asks them to join in on the fun / RAIDS.

Keep in mind that Anon is worldwide...
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(kryogenix @ May 5 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Not exactly hard to interpret.

I imagine words like Partyvan are hard to interpret for people that haven't been exposed much to that kind of culture.

Tama, actual Anons are usually 18+, but /b/tards are usually 13-15.
fameONE
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 5 2009, 08:10 PM) *
I imagine words like Partyvan are hard to interpret for people that haven't been exposed much to that kind of culture.

/b/ is a subculture within itself. Organizing the f*gs and cumdumpsters for something legit would probably be nearly impossible. However, trolls and sages aside, I've made a few threads about different topics and I was amazed by the responses. After discussing a few issues the irc, mainly about the IRS, it is possible for something big to happen. Anons just need a leader.
cupcakex
Rules 1&2 :(

Anyways, this group you speak of already -has- banded together to cause devastation. But I guess you've never heard of Scientology.
fameONE
QUOTE(cupcakex @ May 6 2009, 04:32 PM) *

Anyways, this group you speak of already -has- banded together to cause devastation. But I guess you've never heard of Scientology.

obviousfag is obvious. FAIL.

Isn't it time to one-up that? Seriously, that shit was small time compared to what can possibly be done.
sixfive
it was f*cking hilarious though
hypnotique
QUOTE(cupcakex @ May 6 2009, 03:32 PM) *

illriginal
QUOTE(hypnotique @ May 9 2009, 07:48 PM) *

saved.

awesome.
illriginal
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 5 2009, 08:10 PM) *

f*ck 4 chan. I'm not talking about a bunch of low self esteem children from 4chan lol.

Just in case you forgot to read my post:

QUOTE(hypnotique @ May 5 2009, 07:38 PM) *
I agree.

lol.. no.

Majority of Anon are definitely 18+ and many of them are 30+

What you're describing are the kids from 4chan who actually believe Anon really even gives a crap about them just because Anon asks them to join in on the fun / RAIDS.

Keep in mind that Anon is worldwide...
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(illriginal @ May 9 2009, 07:01 PM) *
saved.

awesome.

Old. So beyond old, it died of old age.

I wasn't saying all Anons are from 4chan. I was stating that she lumped /b/tards and Anons in one group.
hypnotique
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 9 2009, 07:15 PM) *
Old. So beyond old, it died of old age.

I wasn't saying all Anons are from 4chan. I was stating that she lumped /b/tards and Anons in one group.

Yeah I know its old.

I just had to sit here and exercise (hypocritically) Rule 30.
hypnotique
God I would love to kill Daniel Craig for being so ugly.
Uronacid
I don't think these individuals are capable of anything like this. They don't stand for any cause in general. They only do things because they think they're funny. They can quickly cause chaos, but it's highly unlikly that they'll ever take on a political stance on anything.
fameONE
QUOTE(Uronacid @ May 13 2009, 08:48 AM) *
I don't think these individuals are capable of anything like this. They don't stand for any cause in general. They only do things because they think they're funny. They can quickly cause chaos, but it's highly unlikly that they'll ever take on a political stance on anything.

This would be a good time to elaborate.
Uronacid
QUOTE(WarMachine @ May 13 2009, 09:25 AM) *
This would be a good time to elaborate.

Let's face it, anon groups often organize to do things that are borderline illegal and funny. They rarely have a political reasoning behind the things that they do.

The only serious event I have seen anon groups participate in was the protest against scientology. Anyway, they only attacked scientology because they felt that the church was trying to impose internet censorship. They weren't fighting anything polictical. They were fighting for their right to continue to be anons. Any group or individual who atempts to impose internet censorship is participating in a mean that will eventually disband anon groups all together.

The only way I see government being attacked by anon is if government starts to impose internet censorship or some other regulation that threatens the existance of anon.
mipadi
QUOTE(Uronacid @ May 13 2009, 10:36 AM) *
Let's face it, anon groups often organize to do things that are borderline illegal and funny. They rarely have a political reasoning behind the things that they do.

The only serious event I have seen anon groups participate in was the protest against scientology. Anyway, they only attacked scientology because they felt that the church was trying to impose internet censorship. They weren't fighting anything polictical. They were fighting for their right to continue to be anons. Any group or individual who atempts to impose internet censorship is participating in a mean that will eventually disband anon groups all together.

The only way I see government being attacked by anon is if government starts to impose internet censorship or some other regulation that threatens the existance of anon.

I was actually going to post pretty much the same thing. Anon isn't an activist group; they're more or less a bunch of pranksters. They like to f*ck with people. They don't have a strong political bent. I'm not saying they couldn't organize into that...but I don't think they will. I don't think they want to.

As Uronacid noted, the scientology thing was the one exception to that rule, but that wasn't a "major political protest", it was just done in retribution for a perceived slight against Anon by the Church of Scientology. Retribution is the keyword here: if Anon isn't just plain f*cking with people, they're doing whatever they do out of a sense of vengeance. Organized political protest just isn't one of Anon's goals.
medic
QUOTE(Tung @ May 5 2009, 04:23 PM) *
is this topic because ANON and 4chan, and other -chan related websites have been shut down recently?

Anon can't be shut down, it's impossible. Anonymity is the essence of Anonymous, there is no one person at the head of the anon chain.

Project Chanology is what I am guess you guys are talking about. It's a first amendment right, and they will hide behind it and the lack of laws governing the internet. They have a perfect system going on, it can't be stopped by a lawsuit, it can't be taken down by a court order, it's basically never ending. The only thing that can stop it, is it. If anons give up, like they kind of have been (except for the moralfags) anonymous will stop it's campaign against certain things. For example the Co$ (Church of Scientology).

Some confuse anons with /b/, although anonymous is basically made up of /b/ members, on newfags refer to themselves at anons, true /b/tards refer to themselves as /b/ or tards. It's hard to find an image board that is completely made up of /b/tards.

I have seen it all, Habbo Hotel, Game Stop phone call raids, DDOS'ing websites..... I remember it all, my favorite so far was Football.
Maccabee
they need a leader who will tell them what to do. If billy mays knew they existed he could have had an army that would do whatever he wants. Hopefully eventually there latest leader will rise them up and they will destroy the internet. A close relative is currently working on web3 and I have heard from a reliable source that web 5 is emerging. I dont think they realize that they dont control the internet. There is so much that is being kept from them. If just one of them had connections to to someone working at the inner core of the internet we would all be doomed.

My close relative has talked with the creator of the friggin internet.
medic
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 12 2009, 01:44 AM) *
they need a leader who will tell them what to do. If billy mays knew they existed he could have had an army that would do whatever he wants. Hopefully eventually there latest leader will rise them up and they will destroy the internet. A close relative is currently working on web3 and I have heard from a reliable source that web 5 is emerging. I dont think they realize that they dont control the internet. There is so much that is being kept from them. If just one of them had connections to to someone working at the inner core of the internet we would all be doomed.

There is no one creator of the internet. There are two who somewhat designed the beginning. Gore rounded up funding, but that's it. Two people designed TCP/IP, the DoD had the first working network, which could be argued was the first lines of the internet, but it really wasn't.

Also the internet is designed so no one person can take control of it, unless you're living in China.
Kontroll
QUOTE(WarMachine @ May 5 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Do you think that it is possible for anonymous, online, web-goers to organize and actually have a structured rebellion against a large, governing body?

The majority of us have seen V for Vendetta (or, at least, are familiar with the comic), and it is inspiring to see the masses unite to become one. Well, with the advancements made in technology, imagine if that same concept was applied online and the masses rallied and rose up against, let's say, the Federal Reserve and the IRS.

Could this possible?
Would it be beneficial?

Discuss.

Anonymity is for pussies, /b/.

ANd further deteriorate our financial system? Smart. Our government is based upon free enterprise and trade, and tampering with it would cause an even bigger mess.

I would go for the Department of Agriculture. But that's me. You really want to make a difference? Take the centralized food organization out and force people to start relying on themselves instead of our government.
Kontroll
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 12 2009, 03:44 AM) *

You know the internet was created by the armed forces right? Not Gil Bates?
Maccabee
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 12 2009, 01:44 AM) *

Wow, that makes no sense. That guys a loser.

I do partially agree however. Because if boxxy were to create a video saying a place and time for a gathering, of course I would go.

But no one is gonna listen to some random guy saying, *CHAN CONVENTION HUR DUR, IZ GUN BE AWESOME!
heyo-captain-jack
Boxxy isn't going to create a video with a time and place for a gathering. She has no affiliation with Anonymous, and is nothing more than a meme to 4chan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.