Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are some of the sites you go to?
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
theerinkal
What are some of the sites you guys/gals go to for Images for your layouts/graphics? & GIMP tutorials?

I've only found some of the websites that offer really good images. I'd like to practice and see what I can do with GIMP but I want to try with some out of the ordinary pictures of cities or other things but I also need some good tutorials to practice with.

Here are the websites I currently know of:
For layouts/graphics:
  1. Sweet and Talented
  2. PSDelightful
  3. Evanescence Website
  4. Rosie_hardy
  5. Free Foto
  6. Marinshe

For GIMP tutorials:
Mikeplyts
I don't use GIMP so I don't really know any sites but you do know you can also look in the BBoR (Big Book of Resources) here on cB? You could check that out.

Also, you could look for images/graphics on deviantART and Flickr. Idk, just look around. mellow.gif
theerinkal
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ May 1 2009, 06:47 PM) *
I don't use GIMP so I don't really know any sites but you do know you can also look in the BBoR (Big Book of Resources) here on cB? You could check that out.

Also, you could look for images/graphics on deviantART and Flickr. Idk, just look around. mellow.gif

Okay. Oh YEAH, I forgot about deviantART, but don't you have to ask for permission in order to use those images on there? Or can you just credit the artist in some way?
theerinkal
QUOTE(A1Bassline @ May 1 2009, 06:53 PM) *
^ Ask them for permission.

Thought so.
manny-the-dino
Moved to Designer's Cafe

Flickr's the way to go when looking for images. Google and Photobucket are not reliable sources. Flickr has high quality images.
theerinkal
^^ Sorry I didn't know.
manny-the-dino
It's alright. No worries. thumbsup.gif
Janette
sometimes i search through tumblr. laugh.gif
ironicsilence
I'm pretty sure you have to ask for permission on using flickr photos like deviantart.
atownqueen1
Photoshop.com :] <--- Is the way 2 go
schizo
Stock.xchng has a lot of good, free stock photos. Elegance Pixelfied has a lot of high resolution celebrity photos, but the site is REALLY slow and they haven't updated in over a year. It's nifty if you have the patience, though.
theerinkal
QUOTE(ironicsilence @ May 1 2009, 09:04 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you have to ask for permission on using flickr photos like deviantart.

Oh. Okay. Good to know.

QUOTE(atownqueen1 @ May 1 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Photoshop.com :] <--- Is the way 2 go

I'll check it out.

QUOTE(schizo @ May 1 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Stock.xchng has a lot of good, free stock photos. Elegance Pixelfied has a lot of high resolution celebrity photos, but the site is REALLY slow and they haven't updated in over a year. It's nifty if you have the patience, though.

I have the patience. I've heard of Stock.xchng. I think I looked at it before but I'm not sure. I'll check it out.
creole
I'm mostly lurking at LiveJournal.

some communities i' go to icon_tutorial, font_addicts, coloring_help

all that smazz for icon making.
theerinkal
QUOTE(Beenly @ May 2 2009, 06:25 PM) *
I'm mostly lurking at LiveJournal.

some communities i' go to icon_tutorial, font_addicts, coloring_help

all that smazz for icon making.

Okay, I'll check those out.

------------------------

I went to stock.xchng and I don't know how I'd go about getting permission for the images.
wickedlee
I like to browse through Deviantart.com for some tutorials and downloadables for textures, brushes, etc.
Maccabee
QUOTE(A1Bassline @ May 1 2009, 06:53 PM) *
^ Ask them for permission.

That. Unless in the info it says, feel free to use for anything, or they'll just ask that you show them what you used it in. Some say you must give credit. I hate giving credit so i don't use those. Don't be too paranoid about not giving credit. Especially if something looks like anybody could have easily made it.
abzz
thankkss
markmejia
If Yahoo or Google doesn't have the image I want, I log onto my sxc.hu account to find stock photos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.