Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: copying a layout
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
ironicsilence
What would you do in a situation if someone took your layout and change the picture and took off the credit but kepted the coding and some of the coloring?
Would you be mad? Do you think they should have kepted the credit?
ironicsilence
ok, great I was hoping I would never have to deal with people that do that _dry.gif
ley
Yeah it sucks but it happens alot.
I had a layout site add me and directly link they're
pages to my stuff. stubborn.gif
ironicsilence
ew that sucks. I don't understand why people would think they could get away with it.
Mikeplyts
It's pretty annoying and ridiculous but hey, it's always going to happen. Best thing you can do is just contact them and ask them to put the credit back on. shrug.gif You'll just have to deal with it like everyone else unless you put a copyright on your design that way they can't take off the credit, but you would have to put it somewhere where it's kind of unoticable and hard to get rid of. *sigh* Oh well.
schizo
Moved to Designer's Cafe.

Eh, that's happened to me dozens of times. I've had sites that get 10x the amount of hits I do steal things, and they don't even need any more popularity. I will admit that it pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. If this wasn't the internet, I'd probably punch a couple people in the face.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(schizo @ May 1 2009, 04:59 PM) *
I'd probably punch a couple people in the face.

XD.gif
ForgiveTheSinner
arghh that's happened to me before and when I contact the person they blew me off!!

Then I had their site shut down..mwahaha.
theerinkal
QUOTE(ForgiveTheSinner @ May 2 2009, 06:37 PM) *
arghh that's happened to me before and when I contact the person they blew me off!!

Then I had their site shut down..mwahaha.

Hahaha! I'd probably shut the person's site down too.
theerinkal
QUOTE(A1Bassline @ May 2 2009, 09:01 PM) *
We just had some layout site stealing Gabi, goth-nina, and mytechnique's layouts, haha.

What happened to the site?
theerinkal
QUOTE(A1Bassline @ May 2 2009, 09:43 PM) *
I told them to take it down, or I'll have them shut down.

Did they take it down?
emberfly
QUOTE(schizo @ May 1 2009, 03:59 PM) *
I do steal things

I NUUU EEEET!

just kidding D:
res8zenith
the issue is that people have to appreciate ones work in order to not copy others material, before i was into web designing, i would use other people designs, i wasn't familiar with the rules or even the common basics and i quickly acted without thinking, about 5 years ago, i too used other peoples designs, people at that time were the web designers and i would have been called the stealer, but i didn't change images or a few customized codes, i messed around with the enter layout, it's very unpleasent for me to say that i did this but its the truth, and after a year passed i realized what i was doing was wrong, i shouldn't be stealing like that from someone's hard worked on design and just change it up a bit to use it, but i am glad that i never called the design my own, i always left the original credits from the design because i wasn't that stupid. now that i look back, i would have probably killed myself for stealing like that. but i didn't know what those web designers went though, i was looking for an easy way to complete my lame site. Now i know, the pain web designers go through, its difficult to take in that emotion when you come upon a site that has your layout codes and everything, but just a different image, and the person credits themselves. its very painful, i know. just think of them as arrogant amatures that have no knowledge about the web design community, i have a huge list of sites that stole my layouts and codes but i don't go and threaten them with their lives, i just ask them to appreciate my work enough to not abuse it. learn from my layouts, but don't credit them as your own, at least have the decency to leave the proper credits.

don't get stessed over someone that takes your material and claims it as their own, just talk to their host if their a subdomain or email them asking them to fix the credits, cut the roots, not the branches.
abzz
uhhh-ohhh;/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.