Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Founder of 4Chan named World's Most Influential Person
Forums > Community Center > Academia > News
Tung
The founder of 4chan.org named "World's Most Influential Person" by Time Magazine

The person responsible for rickrolling, lolcats and several internet pranks has been named as Time Magazine's World's Most Influential Person of 2009. 4chan.org founder moot (Christopher Poole) bested a list of 100 nonimees including U.S. President Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Fey, Rick Warren and Kobe Bryant.

4chan.org tallies 13 million page views a day and 5.6 million visitors a month, according to Time.com. Time also calls moot's win a "stunning result".

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/t...e-magazine.aspx

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
heyo-captain-jack
Did you miss that thread?

All the anons voted for him.
illriginal
It's amazing how an icon of such a filthy site is the most influential. I strongly feel bad for these generations as they get older.
fameONE
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Apr 27 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Did you miss that thread?

All the anons voted for him.

Several threads. It spawned the 'all hail moot' escapades.

It's amazing how an icon of such a filthy site is the most influential. I strongly feel bad for these generations as they get older.

The site isn't filthy, the people who frequent it are; including you, newfag. Don't think I haven't noticed. whistling.gif
superstitious
I feel dirty.
illriginal
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Several threads. It spawned the 'all hail moot' escapades.

The site isn't filthy, the people who frequent it are; including you, newfag. Don't think I haven't noticed. whistling.gif

blink.gif

I don't go to 4chan.. I was totally turned off when someone started to post nude 8 year olds claiming that it was their sister and that they get turned on when they hug. I'd easily go insane and more than likely on a killing spree thinking every human was a devil if I hung around 4 chan.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 03:16 PM) *
nude 8 year olds

HAWT
fameONE
QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 04:16 PM) *
blink.gif

I don't go to 4chan.. I was totally turned off when someone started to post nude 8 year olds claiming that it was their sister and that they get turned on when they hug. I'd easily go insane and more than likely on a killing spree thinking every human was a devil if I hung around 4 chan.

I once was pretty opposed to 4Chan. I'm not even going to lie. Then again, I never went there before. Out of all the forums, I'm guessing you hopped on /b/ one day when some perverted douche posted CP. The pedo bear got him, the thread was deleted, the IP was banned. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
illriginal
Ya.. I like keepin in touch with Anon via IRC but I don't really like going to 4chan. I know it's very random since that's the point of Anonymous.. to just discuss random topics whether they're off the wall or simply, enlightening. But I much prefer to stay away lol
fameONE
QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Ya.. I like keepin in touch with Anon via IRC but I don't really like going to 4chan. I know it's very random since that's the point of Anonymous.. to just discuss random topics whether they're off the wall or simply, enlightening. But I much prefer to stay away lol

I figured you were a f*g. You drop some anontalk/l33t speak from time to time lol.

Its all good.
brooklyneast05
i don't know anything about 4chan other than it's really really really ugly. i can't comprehend how the founder could be the most influential person though _unsure.gif
fameONE
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Apr 27 2009, 05:43 PM) *
i don't know anything about 4chan other than it's really really really ugly. i can't comprehend how the founder could be the most influential person though _unsure.gif

moot has accomplished what micron has not; create a webforum that influences the entire country in some way or another
illriginal
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 27 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I figured you were a f*g. You drop some anontalk/l33t speak from time to time lol.

Its all good.

happy.gif
superstitious
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 27 2009, 05:04 PM) *
moot has accomplished what micron has not; log on more often than every few months and do something beyond aesthetic changes.

Fixed. wink.gif
brooklyneast05
loool.gif
Simba
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 27 2009, 06:04 PM) *
moot has accomplished what micron has not; create a webforum that influences the entire country in some way or another
afraid to say the entire world in one way or another, even
Tung
well 4chan did influence podo's fashion style in a good way.

not all of 4chan is gross like tama says. just don't go on /b/

and lol @ tama denying he doesn't go on 4chan. f*ck outta here. loool.gif loool.gif
illriginal
o.o;;

I really don't go on 4chan. Majority of the terms you guys see... that comes from Anon themselves lol... I really wish I could give you the channel on IRC but it's out of my jurisdiction, serious.
karmakiller
QUOTE(superstitious @ Apr 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Fixed. wink.gif

LOL ILU
kryogenix
4chan is a billion orders of magnitude worse than CB. It's filled with millions of stupid copycat drones that think they're part of some super elite secret club. They go around the internet congratulating each other for being /b/tards, thinking that their shitty metahumor is funny, when it only serves to make them look retarded.

The only thing it has going for it is the variety that comes out of the sheer volume of posts being made every day. When you're throwing piles of shit the size of mountains, of course some of it is going to stick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.