Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: excuses to miss class?
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
batman
I'm pretty sure at one time or another, you've found an excuse (or made up an excuse) to miss a class that requires attendance. What are some of those excuses?

Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to my bio lab. I'm stuck outside of my building (in the library's computer lab right now) in my pajama shorts and sweatshirt with NOTHING besides my student ID. I can potentially go to class and just be like "there was a fire so I don't have my assignment with me" but... I'd much rather not go.
Gigi
I haven't needed to make excuses in university yet, even for mandatory classes that I've missed. They just don't really care.

But in high school, I skipped a helluva lot of classes (like 50?). Sometimes I used the dentist excuse, then orthodontist, then optometrist, then just plain ol' doctor. And then sometimes I would be more creative and say I had a piano exam, music theory exam, piano competition, etc. Just from that I had like 10 excuses to choose from. It helped that in high school all you needed was a note signed by your parents.
batman
^ Yeah, usually I don't need an excuse, but the class I was about to miss (but ended up going to) was a lab and either way, I'd have to make up the work.
Blyat
I would love to do one once in a while
but if i miss a class three times, i have to do the Exam
plus all the "good" kids that skip for 1 day always get caught D:
slipper
gah, its so hard to skip classes in college now. they usually want a legit doctors note. or something really important that caused you to skip class.

i dont remember using an excuse to skip class, i just took the absent. but i did get to leave a 2 hr class i had. i wasn't feeling that good, and my teacher noticed me not looking so good and moving around lol. so she asked me if i wanted to leave. mind you, i still could go through with the class, but since she asked me if i wanted to leave, i took the opportunity to skip the rest of class haha. she was a teacher i was close too, it felt like highschool in that class.
Ekay
lol note with parent signature is all i need. usually with some lame excuse like he wasn't feeling well. and it doesn't get any more in depth than that lmao
Superase
Most of the time when you're in college they don't care. I know i've skipped some classes and the teacher doesn't care, its just as long as you stay with in that you can't miss more than so many days thing.
In highschool always had to get something signed by mamma. But i would always use the excuse i was sick. Lol I'm not that creative
slipper
oh, except those big ass lecture classes of course. but the smaller classes in college is very hard to skip.
hypnotique
Swine Flu.
-DressYourEyelids-
my uterus exploded.
or you know, cramps.

it always worked with a male teacher.
Jennifer
I always use the cramps one. The male teachers never get suss like the females do.. "how many times can you have your period in one month?!"
"Um.. many? _unsure.gif"
ForgiveTheSinner
I can't skip since I won't be able to exempt my finals if I have more than 3 absenses >.>
smash
i never needed an excuse on college. the professors and chef's didn't care if we came to class or not. it wasn't their money or gpa being affected, so why should they? even in high school the majority of the time i didn't need any excuses. if i didn't feel like waking up and going to school, i didn't go. i'd just make up work later. screw perfect attendance.
iExquisite
it seems like everyone here is in college _unsure.gif
smash
not everyone.
moorepocket
try "surf the crimson waves." It's from clueless.
LoveToMySilas
QUOTE(A1Bassline @ May 17 2009, 08:40 AM) *
Chronic Diarrhea

I've always wanted to try the explosive diarrhea excuse, but that seems a bit too extreme.

Go with the, "I-had-to-take-my-(insertnonexistantfamilymemberhere)-to-chemo".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.