Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IIIIZZZZZIIIIIOOOOOTTTTTT
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
Maccabee
I have been googling it for so long but cant find it!
Please delete when I get my answer.

How long is each UN(United Nations) judge's term in office?
Janette
"The Presidency of the Security Council is held in turn by the members of the Security Council in the English alphabetical order of their names. Each President holds office for one calendar month.

Ten non-permament members, elected by the General Assembly for two-year terms and not eligible for immediate re-election. The number of non-permanent members was increased from six to ten by an amendment of the Charter which came into force in 1965.

Each Council member has one vote. Decisions on procedural matters are made by an affirmative vote of at least nine of the 15 members. Decisions on substantive matters require nine votes, including the concurring votes of all five permanent members. This is the rule of "great Power unanimity", often referred to as the "veto" power."

http://www.un.org/sc/members.asp

but that's only for the Security Council. I'm pretty sure terms depend on whichever branch of the UN you're from.
Maccabee
Thank You biggrin.gif
Janette
thumbsup.gif
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.