Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding.
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
superstitious
Do you make rules for yourself (or does your parents have rules for)when you eat? For example, you must eat your vegetables before you eat the side or main meat/dish to ensure that you are not full by the time you get to your vegetables?

I do that, normally. Just now, I did not and I'm regretting it. I ate my baked potato (because in my universe, potatoes are the most important food EVER), my meatloaf and just as I started to eat my salad, I felt full. :x
Joanne
My sister and I always eat what I don't like first, so that I could save the good stuff for last. You know, so the wonderful food would be the taste lingering in my mouth in the end. My mom thinks we're stupid for doing this because there's a possibility we'll end up getting too full before even starting the good stuff. I don't believe that because I can never be too full to eat my favourite foods.

Did that make sense?
superstitious
That makes total sense, Joanne, especially if you're eating at a restaurant.
hypnotique
My mom was one of those people who she didnt care how long it took 3 days could go by and she'd make you eat the vegetables you didnt eat at dinner...for breakfast.

ley
i eat whatever looks the best first :)
Maccabee
QUOTE(Joanne @ Apr 19 2009, 04:37 PM) *
My sister and I always eat what I don't like first, so that I could save the good stuff for last. You know, so the wonderful food would be the taste lingering in my mouth in the end. My mom thinks we're stupid for doing this because there's a possibility we'll end up getting too full before even starting the good stuff. I don't believe that because I can never be too full to eat my favourite foods.

Did that make sense?

I do that too. And if there are same things that seem equally good I keep going back and forth till I decide what is better and I always make sure my last bite is big and the best one! haha
Janette
A rule of mine is whenever there's a salad involved with a meal, I always eat the salad first and save whatever else I'm having with it after.
hypnotique
QUOTE(divergent @ Apr 20 2009, 05:42 PM) *
@diana that's disgusting.

I personally didn't like a lot of the stuff that my parents and grandparents cooked. There are a few dishes that I do like. I don't remember having any "rules" about eating. They were more about the philosophy of if I didn't like it, I shouldn't have to eat it. But they'd always make me eat at least 3 bites before I made a sound descision. I don't eat most white meats because their too dry, like turkey, any kind of chops. cube steak, or garlic. I was pretty good about vegatables though, I love brocolli, but it has to be pretty limp, I can't eat fresh brocolli, cause that's kind of gross, but like anything steamed is very good.

haha i know she hates waste.
karmakiller
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Apr 20 2009, 05:36 PM) *
My mom was one of those people who she didnt care how long it took 3 days could go by and she'd make you eat the vegetables you didnt eat at dinner...for breakfast.

My mom would make my brothers and I sit at the table until we finished our veggies. My mom wasn't the best cook in the world and sometimes when she would cook veggies she'd nuke the crap out of them... and I just didn't want to eat them. I remember when she'd set our plates in the microwave to stay warm and we weren't allowed to leave until we finished them. She'd go downstairs to do the laundry and we'd quietly take our food and throw it outside... she knew we couldn't eat that fast.
smash
if the different foods on my plate compliment each other i'll eat a little bit of each at the same time. like during Thanksgiving, i'll eat the turkey with the sweet potatoes and mac & cheese. and i'll eat the stuffing with the greens. other than that i usually eat a little bit of the side dish then i go for the meat and just work my way around the plate. as long as the meat or main dish is the last thing on the plate, i'm good.

i love food.
fredatemespleen
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Apr 20 2009, 05:36 PM) *

Mine was exactly the same. Only she would give me my veggies on a seperate plate and wouldnt let me eat the other food till i ate them. and if i took longer than 10 minutes to eat them she'd put my plate of real food on the ground for the dog. then id have to watch him eat my other food and still have to eat the veggies. or else they were breakfast.

and i LOLd at the topic title. XD.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.