Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "The Veldt"
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
batman
Short story by Ray Bradbury: http://www.veddma.com/veddma/Veldt.htm

If you haven't read it, you definitely should. I read it in 8th grade and it's sort of haunted my dreams ever since.
LittleMissSunshine
whoa interesting..
-DressYourEyelids-
i love ray bradbury... he's one of my favourite writers. "the veldt" has always sent chills down my spine.
my favourite of his is "there will come soft rains"
Janette
shit, that was awesome. it kind of reminds me of that one disney movie, but more creepy.
emberfly
tl;dr

Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451. Therefore, he sucks mad.gif that book was awful.

I like his short stories, though :D I read one in class and thought it was absurdly creative.
Janette
QUOTE(emberfly @ May 29 2009, 09:41 PM) *
tl;dr

Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451. Therefore, he sucks mad.gif that book was awful.

I like his short stories, though :D I read one in class and thought it was absurdly creative.

you should read this one tho. nod.gif
emberfly
reading is bad for your soul sad.gif
Janette
lolol read it read it read it
emberfly
It was alright, I guess. It was too easy to figure out. Anyone could tell they were going to kill the parents from like the first few paragraphs :/
Janette
*insert spoilers
emberfly
oopsies. fixed :o
batman
lol it's not a mystery, so it doesn't matter that it was easy to figure out. it's more like a statement on society at the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.