Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16-year-old dies after police Taser shooting
Forums > Community Center > Academia > News
mipadi
From here:
Last week, a 16-year-old Michigan boy died after police fired a Taser “stun gun” on him. Robert Mitchell fled police after a routine traffic stop Friday morning, in Warren, Michigan, an industrial suburb adjacent to Detroit. Although Mitchell posed no danger, police pursued him on foot to an abandoned building in Detroit, where they claim they Tasered him once. Mitchell was pronounced dead shortly afterward.

[...]

Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer claimed Mitchell “was violently resisting arrest,” but did not explain how. According to another police spokesman, the youth “came down the stairs” of the abandoned house and “assaulted the officers.”

Police have acknowledged that Mitchell was unarmed. He was small, standing about five foot two inches tall (157 centimeters) and weighing 110 pounds (50 kilograms).

Evidently, a 5'2"/110-pound kid is too much for a bunch of "big, strong" cops to handle.
superstitious
How was he "violently resisting arrest" unarmed? Did he threaten them with his middle finger?
coconutter
police abuse is way out of hand :(
Harp
QUOTE(coconutter @ Apr 16 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Mikeplyts
QUOTE(coconutter @ Apr 16 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Tomates
oh yeah i heard about that in my paper. I think it was in Detroit (go figure)

The police in michigan have been very out of hand lately. Just a few weeks ago a Officer shot a kid in Grand Rapids after a drug raid and thought he was selling drugs. The kid never attempted to harm police at all. He did try to find his way out the back door and the officer shot him. Turns out the kid had only a little marijuana and wasn't selling anything drug wise
shoryuken
QUOTE(mipadi @ Apr 16 2009, 10:11 AM) *
From here:

Evidently, a 5'2"/110-pound kid is too much for a bunch of "big, strong" cops to handle.

mangg.. i bii tazzurr da boi n kik da boi 2
karmakiller
It doesn't really surprise me that it happened where it did. One word: LAWSUIT.
BOSS
DONT TAAZZZERRR ME BROOO
Amaranthus
One usually hears these types of occurences from Florida.
They're always arresting children.
illriginal
I believe that is the 2nd teenage death in a taser incident, where the policemen were involved.
kryogenix
Gotta love it when cops electrocute kids and shoot your pets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.