Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: domain names
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
synatribe
I feel like having a site again, lol but I need a domain name after kevinjo.net expired. I was thinking something like

kevinbemy.name ,but the domain is too long, it dosent have to have kevin in it or anything but I am horribly not creative , any suggestions?

Also I dont like aberisk anymore and the only thing I dont want in my domain name is whorebag or something, haha :]
schizo
Well....what kind of stuff to do like? Are you looking for something snappy or something professional or...?
synatribe
something snappy :] and easy to remember :]
technicolour
Write out things you like. Objects, colors, words in a different language.

If you're also wanting this to house some of your professional work, then you might not want the name to be smartass-y. laugh.gif Couldn't think of a better way of wording it, sorry.
Maccabee
Didnt know you could get .name

I think you should get a domain on a good hosting account that you can continue to use just for storing files and use it as a portfolio or whatever. I think you should get kevin jo dot com if its available. Or a variation. kjo dot com. kevinj.com.

I think that is a true investment.

O and dont get rid of your hosting site! Cause i have clients using you! haha.
I have another friend of mine that's gonna sign up this summer when i make his site. if you continue to have quality hosting. no pressure. lol
synatribe
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 25 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Didnt know you could get .name

I think you should get a domain on a good hosting account that you can continue to use just for storing files and use it as a portfolio or whatever. I think you should get kevin jo dot com if its available. Or a variation. kjo dot com. kevinj.com.

I think that is a true investment.

O and dont get rid of your hosting site! Cause i have clients using you! haha.
I have another friend of mine that's gonna sign up this summer when i make his site. if you continue to have quality hosting. no pressure. lol

haha thanks :] the hosting site is doing good so far :] thanks for all the refers :]

I want this to be a blog / portfolio randomness site :] I dont want a smartass-y name, just some thing easy to remember like something like outspoken-kate.com, like reliablekevin or something, ya know? haha :]
TiffanyFactorial
kjo.com! kevjo.com/net. I don't know. kevinj.net? i am so uncreative. if you use a name that is really easy to remember, yet unique, but EVERYONE LIKES IT, then you've succeeded.

like jamandjelly or something. i know that sounds really lame but lots of people like jam! or honeyandjam .. or something that starts with your name. karrotjuice? hahaa
fixtatik
what's wrong with keeping kevinjo.net? can't you just renew the registration?
Mikeplyts

Anyways, I don't really know anything that you might like but I do like kjo.com/net. thumbsup.gif
Maccabee
QUOTE(fixtatik @ Mar 25 2009, 03:55 PM) *

didnt know you had kevinjo.net.
Def just keep that.
fixtatik
^ that's the just the past registrar. kevinjo.net belonged to kevin last year and the registration expired in january. no one owns kevinjo.net right now.
fainaru
itskevjo.com

kevjojam.com

Ahh...
synatribe
the problem with kevinjo.net is that I didnt registar it, it was my first domain and like the newbie I was, I asked a friend to registar it and I gave them cash, its been like a month since it expired, so I thought I would be able to registar it myself. Unfortunately no registars are letting me doing that and Im although kevinjo.net was cool, I want to move on with a new domain, I was thinking something like soundbounce.net :] what do you think?
heyo-captain-jack
Can you afford a .tv name?

kjo.tv sounds pretty cool.
synatribe
QUOTE(9001 @ Mar 25 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Can you afford a .tv name?

kjo.tv sounds pretty cool.

really? .tv is short but not me haha :]
heyo-captain-jack
Maybe so. kjo is cool sounding and easy to remember though. Maybe with .net?
synatribe
kevinand.com ? naww haha, yea I agree with soundbounce sounding very Djish, but I really like it haha I think that is going to be my domain :]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.