Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obama's computer chief shoplifted 4 shirts in 1996
Forums > Community Center > Academia > News
illriginal
"Why was America's inaugural CIO cuffed for petty thievery as 21-year-old? He swiped four dress shirts from J.C. Penney - and made a run for it.

In 1996, according to a police report obtained by The Associated Press, a J.C. Penney security guard watched as future US chief information officer Vivek Kundra put four dress shirts into a shopping bag and left the store without paying. Kundra was arrested after a brief foot chase, the report says, and the shirts - worth $134 - were recovered.

Kundra pleaded guilty to the sub-$300 theft, paid a $100 fine (plus $55 in court costs), and performed 80 hours of community service.

The White House has not responded to our request for comment on the matter, but in speaking with others it has called the petty theft "a youthful indiscretion." Kundra was 21 at the time.

In March, at age of 34, he was tapped by President Barack Obama as the country's first CIO after almost two years as chief technology officer for the local Washington, D.C. government. Just days later, a manager in the D.C. CTO office was arrested on charges of bribery, conspiracy, money laundering, and conflict of interest.

The White House soon put Kundra on leave, citing "an abundance of caution." But he has since returned to work."

http://www.businessinsider.com/vivek...-penney-2009-3

"A 1996 Montgomery County, Md., police report obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday under a public records law shows Vivek Kundra was observed by a security guard putting the men's shirts into a shopping bag and leaving the store without paying. Sgt. Tom Stanton wrote that Kundra was arrested after a brief foot chase and the property was recovered."

Tax evaders and thieves, oh my!

sixfive
OMG AMERICA IS GOING TO SHIT
Medi
I hardly see how this is current events...
sixfive
QUOTE(Medi @ Mar 20 2009, 11:05 PM) *
I hardly see how this is current events...

WAY TO BE IGNORANT YOU BUSH LOVER CANT YOU SEE AMERICAS FAULTS AMERICA IS GOING TO HELL
illriginal
o.O;;;

Because government officials must not have any record prior. Eh.. nevermind -.-
Medi
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Mar 20 2009, 11:06 PM) *
WAY TO BE IGNORANT YOU BUSH LOVER CANT YOU SEE AMERICAS FAULTS AMERICA IS GOING TO HELL

And we're all going to hell with it..? I don't believe that is the case.. But this happened 14 years ago, don't let the guys past haunt him.. >_> Point that out in the constitution.
illriginal
QUOTE(Medi @ Mar 21 2009, 12:09 AM) *
And we're all going to hell with it..? I don't believe that is the case.. But this happened 14 years ago, don't let the guys past haunt him.. >_> Point that out in the constitution.

Don't mind Kryo. I didn't even know he was posting until you quoted him pinch.gif
heyo-captain-jack
Who cares? I'm sure you did the same thing.
illriginal
I've never shoplifted. The worse I've ever done was curse, punch a homo in the face for making a kissy face at me, lie intentionally/unintentionally, and fornicate before I got married.

That's it stubborn.gif
heyo-captain-jack
None of those are any better than shoplifting.
moninja
Your topics are useless.
illriginal
QUOTE(moninja @ Mar 21 2009, 01:48 AM) *
Your topics are useless.

Oh I'm sorry my topics aren't about sexual intercourse, pedophilia, and drinking alcohol rolleyes.gif
moninja
Who said it was all supposed to be about like that? You just make random ass topics that no one really cares to read.
datass
QUOTE(Medi @ Mar 21 2009, 12:09 PM) *

im sure kryo's being sarcastic.
illriginal
QUOTE(moninja @ Mar 21 2009, 02:03 AM) *
Who said it was all supposed to be about like that? You just make random ass topics that no one really cares to read.

Then they have themselves to blame. If it's News, it's worth reading. Current events, ever heard of that term? whistling.gif
moninja
USELESS current events = your topics.
illriginal
Can you just not post in my threads then.. you're trollin'
sixfive
QUOTE(illmortal @ Mar 20 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Don't mind Kryo. I didn't even know he was posting until you quoted him pinch.gif

Lol what a f*cking liar. You know I post because it shows that I post, it just says click this to view post or whatever. It still shows that I posted.
superstitious
I stole a pack of cigarettes once. No wonder my future is doomed.

Seriously, I WISH this was the worst of America's issues. rolleyes.gif
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(superstitious @ Mar 21 2009, 09:22 AM) *

mipadi
When America switches to Sharia Law, the penises of shoplifters will be chopped off and fed to them.
illriginal
QUOTE(mipadi @ Mar 21 2009, 10:36 AM) *
When America switches to Sharia Law, the penises of shoplifters will be chopped off and fed to them.

ROFLMAO That would actually be comical, if true! loool.gif

QUOTE(superstitious @ Mar 21 2009, 10:22 AM) *
I stole a pack of cigarettes once. No wonder my future is doomed.

These criminals are the same people we're depending on to save our country as a whole. So quite honestly, it's actually worse than all of America's issues.. because they are the ones we have to depend on, not anyone else.
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto
so someone's past life or something someone dug up that happened 14 years ago is supposed to make me change my view on someone?

i mean when people are young they do alot of things i mena everyone gets in to troble some more than others
if you think that someone is goin to be perfect all the time ya dead wrong
everyone does stupid stuff somewhere in they life
but i mean if it's far far off in the past then diggin it up and throwin it out there what good does it do.
nothing
people are stupid when shit like that comes up cause what's his past record got to do with what he's doin right now
BOSS
if you honestly think this is important in comparison to other things, you are either biased or a complete dumbass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.