Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help a stupid girl
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
Smarmosaur
i have to write a monologue. it has to be a minute and 30 seconds long. and it has to be a character in charlotte's web, and it has to fit in the 2006 movie somewhere.

i don't even know where to begin. help?
creole
Well, have you studied or know what the character you are doing?
You should give a catchy lead to invite the audience.
Try to keep the monologue short but clear.
Janette
I've never seen the movie, but I've read the book an endless amount of times.
If I were you, I'd choose one of Charlotte's children. laugh.gif Do you have to read this out loud or just write and submit?
Smarmosaur
i'm leaning towards Samuel the head sheep. he's such a unique character to me. i just don't know what i could do that'll make it a minute and 30 seconds long AND interesting.
and i have to read it out loud. charlotte's children are interesting, but there isn't much "background" information on them. like i can't really tell who they are.
Maccabee
Only a minute and a half?! lucky! Just read the book and find a your favorite few pages and memorize them. Find a sad part so you can read it slow so youll have less to memorize. Or find a bunch of parts you like and put them together. O wiat? Are you only writing it?

How high are the standards in your class?
Edit:Sorry. Didnt get that last post. So your just reading it?
Why do you find it so hard. Find a part in the book and start typing.
Janette
QUOTE(Smarmosaur @ Mar 1 2009, 05:28 PM) *
charlotte's children are interesting, but there isn't much "background" information on them. like i can't really tell who they are.

Exactly. That's where creativity comes in. Imo, it's more fun to create a different personality than to base it on one everyone knows.
Smarmosaur
i have to make my own. i don't have to memorize it, i just need to write it. i can't use something already in the book or movie, but i have to base it off of something in the movie.
Maccabee
O ok! Sounds fun. Ummm....Write a story about a girl who talks to animals or plants or something, haha and then how she was made fun of and go into depth. That sounds like a good story. Then start making an outline! The a rough draft! JUST GO! Gte your creativity juices flowing! Dont ask for our help! haha. tongue.gif
Smarmosaur
i don't have creative juices. especially when it comes to writing. i don't know where to start.
Maccabee
How much more can we see?! Look at some pictures of pork.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.