Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loestrin Fe 1/20/Microgestin Fe 1/20
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
superstitious
Before people come in asking what the heck this is, it's a type of birth control pill.

I'm wondering, any of you ladies taking this and/or have taken this before? I'm having some odd side effects (nasty mood swings, nausea, vomiting, bloating, dizziness, etc). None of these side effects are severe if you look at them one by one, but the total of all of the side effects is really bizarre. This isn't the first BCP I've taken, although I typically have used Depo. Unfortunately, my current insurance doesn't cover injectibles (bastards) so I'm trying this low estrogen dose type BCP.

I've been on this for 10 days.
mipadi
This is off-topic, but I almost deleted your topic because it looked like the sort of title a spammer would use -- and then I saw that you started it, and if you're a spambot, then you're a damn good one.
Tung
I always thought that the BCP was probably the best thing eugenicists ever created, and how they have advocated it as a good thing. rolleyes.gif
smash
is it worth it for you to continue to endure those side effects just to keep from getting pregnant?
superstitious
QUOTE(smash @ Feb 25 2009, 03:34 PM) *
is it worth it for you to continue to endure those side effects just to keep from getting pregnant?

At this point in life, pregnancy is NOT an option. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my son. I just can't have another one. That and having a child with a life long disability (he has autism) is enough for me to handle.

Also, my boyfriend and I simply don't want kids (other than the one I have, of course).

So yes, some type of BC is necessary. :)

I'm actually in discussion(s) with my doctor regarding the Mirena IUD, which would solve my issue (for 5 years). Of course, it would cost me over a grand in out of pocket medical expenses. I'm going to be doing an analysis of how much I would spend in BCP copays and compare that to the cost of a Merina and see if it wouldn't be more financially beneficial to go in that direction.

The symptom(s) continue (although, I haven't vomitted today). I was given the advice today to try taking my dose at night as opposed to taking it in the morning. I'm going to try that and see how it goes.

@Michael, ha, I probably would have thought the same thing initially.
fathomlessdame
Sometimes starting something new has weird sideaffects.

For example, when I first started taking desogen (my birth control pill) my boobs hurt like heck all the time) but it went away. So maybe if you give what you are on osme more time, it will go away.

If not, maybe talk to your doctor about trying a different pill?
hypnotique
Well seeing as you don't want any more children have you ever considered getting your tubal ligation? Its I suppose expensive up front unless the insurance company is going to cover some of it but it will solve the problem without having to deal with BCP

Im considering it myself since i want to adopt over having children of my own.
superstitious
I've thought about that, Diana. The problem is that there is a number of health risks and I'd rather not deal with something like premature menopause. haha

The side effects have really tamed down though, which is awesome. I'm considering going the mirena route, once I look at cost estimates and how much my check to check expense would be if I took out enough in an FSA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.