Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: okay, during this crisis..
Forums > Community Center > Debate
Jghelfi
Whats up with the Economy right now!?

Stocks are falling then rising, then falling again... cant the Government use the "Moneymachine" that produces the Dollar bills to just pay off their Big ass debt to different countries and keep some of it for them selves and STOP TAKING OUR MONEY WITH TAXES!!!! mad.gif

damn this is getting on my nerves! pinch.gif
sixfive
You can't just magically fix something. It would be nice, but there's a whole hell of a lot more to deal with and come. Think of it this way, we're not doing as bad as the rest of the world :] Germany's getting royally screwed.
brooklyneast05
lol did you really just suggest that we use the 'moneymachine" to print more money and pay off the debt

sixfive
don't worry JC that's a non issue
Jghelfi
Yea i just said that we should just make money like CRAZY and use it!...well to pay off debts brooklyn..

well i should at least feel good about the country i'm living in..
sixfive
Do you know what that would do to the value of the dollar if the government just all of a sudden started printing money to hand out to pay off it's debts? Also, if our debt was say 100 dollars, simply printing out 100 dollars wouldn't pay off the debt, because with each additional dollar printed, it loses value.
Jghelfi
OH YEA!! not if they do it *secretly*.. ph34r.gif shifty.gif

hehehe
sixfive
scandals don't go over well
Jghelfi
i kinda expected that..
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 22 2009, 03:41 PM) *
OH YEA!! not if they do it *secretly*.. ph34r.gif shifty.gif

hehehe

.. Inflation is still inflation, secretly printed money or not.
creole
Debating is serious. stubborn.gif
The American Dollar would lose more value if we print more dollar bills to pay our debt.
United States of America has owe so much money since The American Revolution.
sixfive
QUOTE(Beenly @ Feb 22 2009, 03:20 PM) *
United States of America has owe so much money since The American Revolution.

...wat

Someone isn't familiar with the aftermaths of either world war.
creole
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 22 2009, 01:38 PM) *
...wat

Someone isn't familiar with the aftermaths of either world war.

wat u mean
illriginal
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 22 2009, 03:33 PM) *

Stocks are falling then rising, then falling again... cant the Government use the "Moneymachine" that produces the Dollar bills to just pay off their Big ass debt to different countries and keep some of it for them selves and STOP TAKING OUR MONEY WITH TAXES!!!! mad.gif

It doesn't work that way. In fact... printing more money is stupid especially since we don't have ANYTHING backing up the dollar. All we're doing by printing more and more money which is weakening the dollar.
shoryuken
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 22 2009, 03:33 PM) *

better STFU or i'll send you back to mek HE KO fool.. stubborn.gif
heyo-captain-jack
I'm sure it's already been addressed, but if they print more money, inflation is going to get worse. The government has to have the gold to back up the paper currency.

tldr:retard/
shoryuken
i luv how buncha u idiot just say the same shiet every post.. HAHAHA

lit hur sum thang new ppl.. hur lit da prince help u..

you wanna know howda fix this shiet..

-GO OUT ROB PPL..

-SAVE SHIET..

-throw shoe at GOV..
mipadi
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:38 PM) *
I'm sure it's already been addressed, but if they print more money, inflation is going to get worse. The government has to have the gold to back up the paper currency.

We're not on the gold standard anymore. US currency (and, in fact, most world currencies) aren't backed by gold. The only thing that backs US currency is the government's demands that it be accepted as a valid form of monetary exchange.
shoryuken
^ like that gonna happen NUB..
KilluhErick
lmao love your imagination!!!!
shoryuken
lmao.. stop flirting oh you silly..
Jghelfi
yea prince,

L E A R N - T O - T Y P E - R I G H T ! !

I swear, I HAVE TO USE A FLUCKIN TRANSLATOR JUST TO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU TYPE!

and I AM NOT FROM MEXICO!, I AM HALF ITALIAN! and MEXICAN and PART SPANIARD!
Tomates
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 22 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Yea i just said that we should just make money like CRAZY and use it!...well to pay off debts brooklyn..

well i should at least feel good about the country i'm living in..

it needs to match the price of gold or else we would go into another economic crisis. Of course it would be easier to print out money but it needs to have value.
shoryuken
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 23 2009, 09:18 PM) *
yea prince,

L E A R N - T O - T Y P E - R I G H T ! !
I swear, I HAVE TO USE A FLUCKIN TRANSLATOR JUST TO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU TYPE!

and I AM NOT FROM MEXICO!, I AM HALF ITALIAN! and MEXICAN and PART SPANIARD!

DAT IT.. IMA CALL THE IMMIGRATION CENTER FOOL..

U DEED IT NOW stubborn.gif stubborn.gif
Tomates
thats how prince has always typed. You will learn to get use to it.
Jghelfi
hahaha did wat prince? i was Born here! So TOP THAT!
shoryuken
i was born in MEXICO! SO TOP THAT!
Jghelfi
okay.. wel i should just call "ICE" then...
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(Jonathan-Andrew @ Feb 22 2009, 04:33 PM) *

Instead of worrying about the economy, how about we get that Moneymachine and print our own money. We'll be self-made millionaires. _smile.gif
synatribe
"moneymachine"? thats what Zimbabwe did and now to buy one chocolate bar, you need a barrel full of money
illriginal
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Feb 23 2009, 11:42 PM) *
Instead of worrying about the economy, how about we get that Moneymachine and print our own money. We'll be self-made millionaires. _smile.gif

What good is being a millionaire if the economy crashes and the dollar is dead? lol... you'll be burning those millions for heat because wood would cost more than your million dollars wwwwwwww
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(mipadi @ Feb 23 2009, 02:05 PM) *
We're not on the gold standard anymore. US currency (and, in fact, most world currencies) aren't backed by gold. The only thing that backs US currency is the government's demands that it be accepted as a valid form of monetary exchange.

Well then, it seems that the gold standard was more effective.
mipadi
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 24 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Well then, it seems that the gold standard was more effective.

There're advantages and disadvantages to money backed by a gold standard, but one major disadvantage is that the money supply is limited by the physical amount of gold mined, which means either (a) a government must limit its currency, or (b) the value of gold will rise over time (essentially a form of inflation), which can limit its use in industrial applications (gold is used for more than just jewelry and pirate dubloons, you know).

However, our current fiscal crisis can't be traced directly back to the lack of a gold backing in our currency (probably not even indirectly, either, but I'm not an economist, I just play one on Internet forums). It's more the result of high-risk banking ventures that probably would've occurred with or without a gold standard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.