Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: favorite methods of cooking
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
smash
what's everyone's favorite way to cook? frying, pan searing, boiling, etc.
personally i like sauteeing things. sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley, in a little olive oil. mmmmm. i love mushrooms.
sixfive
smoking
emberfly
All I've ever done was boil stuff on the stove shrug.gif
illriginal
I don't fry food instead I bake it.

Rice is pretty much the only thing I boil other than eggs. Eggs majority of the time I scramble but I'll eat them hardboiled as well.
datass
fry. or boil. or just microwave it lol.
heyo-captain-jack
Grill. It's quick.
Harp
frying.
mmmmm.
karmakiller
I like to saute veggies, or pan fry them. Boiled veggies are just gross. I like to grill when I can. It just depends on what I am making... some cuts of meat taste better broiled and some taste better fried.
hi-C
I love sauteeing too, as well as roasting/baking. Roasted potatoes are the best thing ever, next to mashed potatoes.
smash
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 13 2009, 06:43 PM) *
some cuts of meat taste better broiled and some taste better fried.

i agree.
karmakiller
I'm really picky about poached meat, though. Most of the time I don't care for it. I would never cook meat in a steamer, either.
hi-C
People poach and steam meat? Other than seafood that is. Can you imagine a poached steak? That sounds disgusting sick.gif
karmakiller
Yeah, they do. Chicken and salmon, mainly. I don't like it ermm.gif
My friend puts her fish in a steamer.

(ick, I just realized I make it sound like she's steaming her pets.)
fameONE
I like grilling. cooly.gif

Give me a six pack of Corona, and a pack of Newports and I'll stand behind that puppy all day.
illriginal
You mean a 18 pack of corona right? lol
smash
i like poached eggs but poached meat, no thank you. i like pan searing my meat then puttin under the broiler to finish.
karmakiller
^ YES, best way ever. When I make chicken I like to brown it a bit and then add water and let it simmer. It's the fastest way to make it.
smash
its amazing what a little water and olive oil can do.
Insurmountable
boiling is easy...and typically you don't have to watch it unless it was put up to high and it boils over.

Cleaning rice is pretty easy too, then you just have to throw it in the rice cooker/steamer.

I like what ever is easy.
karmakiller
I like to find ways to make recipes easier. I don't have hours and hours to cook, but I'll never eat a meal from a box (or a frozen dinner). I'll make something once and then write all over the margins of my cookbooks.

I gave a couple recipes to my brother's ex, and she was clueless. She had no idea what a clove of garlic was. She would also burn frozen pizzas... no lie, she left the plastic wrap on one and the fire alarm went off and my brother's neighbor (he lives in a duplex) had to come over and turn it off because she couldn't figure it out.
smash
^wow that's a little sad. have you ever heard of Dream Dinners?
dustbunny
my mom

total independence ftw
hypnotique
frying and grilling all the freaking way.
smash
grilling is awesome. i'm wearing my chef's jacket anytime i grill, pan sear, or fry anything now 'cause i always end up smelling like fried chicken. well my shirt does anyway. it's really annoying.
hypnotique
QUOTE(smash @ Sep 22 2009, 12:33 AM) *
grilling is awesome. i'm wearing my chef's jacket anytime i grill, pan sear, or fry anything now 'cause i always end up smelling like fried chicken. well my shirt does anyway. it's really annoying.

YES.
I do that at home when im working with heavy aromatics, I just throw on the old chef jacket and my mother looks at me like im insane mellow.gif
gojira
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 14 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Yeah, they do. Chicken and salmon, mainly. I don't like it ermm.gif
My friend puts her fish in a steamer.
(ick, I just realized I make it sound like she's steaming her pets.)

that's how my dad makes his fish
click to enlarge
sixfive
Looks pretty tasty. Can't tell if those are green onions or sliced zucchini or what.

Love stirfrying shit. Love grilling.
datass
QUOTE(serotonin @ Jun 30 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Looks pretty tasty. Can't tell if those are green onions or sliced zucchini or what.

Love stirfrying shit. Love grilling.

its most likely spring onions.
i love fish like that, steamed right?
gojira
yeah. my bros and i love steamed snowfish. well, i'm pretty sure it's snowfish or whatever fish that is boneless.

it tastes so fatty :3
gelionie
I don't have a favourite method, but my most commonly used method would be stir-fry. Works for nearly everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.