Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: skipping school.
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
LittleMissSunshine
this morning, i had a supermassive cold & fever from la madre. unfortunately i slept it out by 10am' i was otay. i decided not to go to school, and i finally got a break from all the school work, the teachers have been stressing. yay me, although i ditched school because i was half-sick. i'm pretty sure tomorrow is gonna be hectic.

have you ever had one of these days? or just skipped school, just because? if not, what's your reason for skipping school?
Harp
i've had tons of these days. hellllllooo, truancy officer.
Joanne
I missed school when I got pink eye. It was hell.

I've skipped a couple classes this semester already... once being because I went home during my 3-hour break to vacuum the house (yeah, weird) and decided I didn't want to go back, and another time because I felt that cleaning my desk/room was more important that a stupid one-hour tutorial.
emberfly
I haven't missed a day of school for 2 years.
manny-the-dino
I think I missed more days of school in high school. Now that I'm in college, I don't really skip when I have the freedom to. I ditched a few of my classes last semester but regretted it afterwards because I missed lectures, obviously, & other things. When I first skipped, I found it easier to do it again so I did it a few more times. I haven't skilled this semester though, & don't really plan on doing so.
LittleMissSunshine
this was my second day of missing school out of the whole school year. first time was because i was out of town. i usually have perfect attendence like an asian nerd.. but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be my last one, unless i get sick again. i can't afford to miss schoooll.. so hard to catch up xD
Tomates
i missed school last friday. I wasnt feeling good at all

though our policy is kinda strict. If you miss 3 or more days then you have to take all your exams, and if you don't miss those days then you can get out of 3 classes
pandemonium
hell yeah... well class, not school... my sophomore year i skipped alot that i got my credit denyed because of my absences, so i had to go to saturday school to get it backk... but it sucks for us cuz if you're absent for 2nd period the school calls you're house, and parents found out.. so... yeahh..
emberfly
^ My school has that, too.

If you have an A in the class, you can miss up to 4 times and be exempt from the exam.

B = 2 days and exempt.
C = 0 days and exempt.
D or below is required to take the exam.

For semester classes, it is half of the above.
none345678
My school gives us 7 absent days a semester. Everyday after that, unless we have a doctors note, we are considers MIA and we can't make up any test, exams, homework ect. we missed that day. A lot of the teachers still let us take test if we miss them though.
Just_Dream
My mom was okay with me skipping school when I was still in high school. shrug.gif I got straight A's though, so it's all good. I got my mom or sisters or my boyfriend's sister to call me in sick on the senior ditch days during my senior year. It wasn't a big deal though since high school was ridiculously easy (junior year did require some work though... some ;] ), so it was easy to make up anything.

I ditch quite a big in college. It's definitely not a good thing and it's been tough on my grades, but eh... i can't change the past.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.