Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Quotes
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
smoke
Figured there would be a topic like this, but I didn't find one that wasn't ancient.

Anyways, I was looking up V for Vendetta quotes and thought this would be a cool topic. Post as many as you'd like! Tell us why they're meaningful to you.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V
Such a badass line and point in the movie. If you haven't seen V for Vendetta, rent it. Hell, buy it! It's great.
heyo-captain-jack
But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis personę. Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Haha, verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

From memory.
Joanne
^ Hah. Right.

If you liked the movie, you'll love the graphic novel even more.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Joannnnnne @ Feb 2 2009, 07:53 PM) *
^ Hah. Right.

I loved the printed version. I was shocked at how much better it was.
fire
It's made of real Panther so you know its good. They've done studies, 60% of the time it works EVERYTIME.
Tramatize
"And theeeeennnnn?"

-Dude Where's My Car?

"You know how they say 'Don't dip your pen in company ink'? Well I am glad I dipped my pen in your ink"

-Pineapple Express.
smoke
QUOTE(Joannnnnne @ Feb 2 2009, 09:53 PM) *
^ Hah. Right.

Yeah I heard it's great. I'd also like to read Watchmen before the movie comes out.
illriginal
The Prophet has commanded us to rule the world. Where in all your
land of Spain is the glory of Allah? When men speak of you they
speak of poets, musicmakers, doctors, scientists.... Where are your
warriors? You dare call yourselves sons of the Prophet? You have
become--women!

Burn your books! Make warriors of your poets! Let your doctors
invent new poisons for our arrows--let your scientists invent new
war machines! And then--Kill! Burn! Infidels live on your
frontiers--encourage them to kill each other.

And when they are weak and torn--I will sweep up from Africa--and
the empire of the One God--the True God, Allah--will spread, first
across Spain, then across Europe, then--the whole World!

-El Cid
technicolour
QUOTE(smoke @ Feb 3 2009, 12:59 AM) *
Yeah I heard it's great. I'd also like to read Watchmen before the movie comes out.

DUDE. READ IT! It's fan-freaking-tastic. I need to buy the V for Vendetta book. =/

" If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live? "

goth-nina
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Janette
bump

"Say 'auf Wiedersehen' to your Nazi balls."
none345678
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.