Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foreign chocolates and candy
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
hi-C
I think every other country on the planet does chocolate better than the US. What I wouldn't give for a Lion bar or some chocolate digestives, both British.

What are your favorites?
brooklyneast05
i'll take a swiss lindt with hazel nuts any day

gag @ hershey's, is gross chocolate to just straight up eat. its so grainy and overly sugary.
synatribe
I dont know if Ferrero Rocher is from the US or not, but I love that and the name sounds european,

I might be wrong _unsure.gif
hi-C
^ Yeah they're Italian, and apparently made by the same people who do Nutella! And Kinder bars! Kinder Bueno, how I miss you. Why must you be so rare in the US?

Any chocolates with hazelnut is fantastic.
synatribe
NUTELLAAAAA!!!!!

ohmy.gif wub.gif omg.gif omg.gif omg.gif

I always thought nutella was filipino
Harp
merci. german. yum.
Maccabee
OMG! Desgestives are amazing...
and ditto for lion bars!
Curly wirlies!
Kinder surprise!
yummmyyyy...
Gigi
Chocolate digestives + milk is probably my most favourite combination of all time.

Yeah I love my Ferrero Rochers and Lindor chocolates!! Even though I'm quite sure the latter are not non-US. *shrug*
hi-C
QUOTE(Gigi @ Jan 31 2009, 04:52 AM) *
Yeah I love my Ferrero Rochers and Lindor chocolates!! Even though I'm quite sure the latter are not non-US. *shrug*
They are! Lindt, the company that makes them, is Swiss.
carolannexbh
Ah man I used to play tennis with this girl and her extended family lived in Britain, and she always brought different kinds of candy from there. I think she brought something called Highland Toffee once. It was so good.
Maccabee
Flakies?
I think thats what your talking about?
If i got the name right.
Was it just milk chocolate but it had like a lot of air inside.
brooklyneast05
if you're talking about cadbury flake, i don't like that
hi-C
I had Flake once, when I was in London, because I wanted some candy and it was the cheapest. It's not bad, just strange.

Edit: I also had a Flake bar in a 99 Flake (a soft serve ice cream cone with a Flake piece sticking out of it) when I went to Brighton. That was pretty good. It works well with the ice cream.
karmakiller
These dribble.gif

I like Ritter Sport, too, which is sold everywhere around here. Sarotti and Rausch are my other favorite brands.
fameONE
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 1 2009, 02:07 AM) *
These dribble.gif
http://www.hachez.de/img/artikel/69_chocolade.jpg

I like Ritter Sport, too, which is sold everywhere around here. Sarotti and Rausch are my other favorite brands.

So, you like chocolate, huh? shifty.gif
misoshiru
i want kinder bueno, ferrero rocher, lindt, baci and more chocolate NOW. but i spent too much shopping. D:
none345678
Ferrero Rochers are love. Swiss and Italian chocolates are sooo good.

hershey's can be good as long as it has almonds in it, at least I think so.
karmakiller
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Jan 31 2009, 05:09 PM) *
So, you like chocolate, huh? shifty.gif
melt in your mouth chocolate.

(K, I'm stopping. I couldn't help myself with that one.)
hi-C
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Jan 31 2009, 06:38 PM) *
hershey's can be good as long as it has almonds in it, at least I think so.
Hershey isn't foreign. Unless, you know, you're not from America.
none345678
^Yeah, I know. Just someone made a comment on how it was no good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.