Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Healthy nails
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
hi-C
After years and years and years and years I stopped biting my nails a few months ago but I can never get them to not break. It's like damn, why'd I'd stop in the first place. Anyways, how do you guys take care of your nails?
Maccabee
Ditto dude. When they get to any longish length they break.
So they are all deformed.
manny-the-dino
Same here. When I finally get them to a pretty long length, some start breaking so I have different shaped nails. sad.gif But I started to use this Sally Hansen product called Maximum Growth: Daily Nail Growth Program & it really works. You basically apply it everyday. It helps in making them grow & keeping them strong.
irisdescence
Normally I would like to do anything with my nails, french manicure, different colors, stuff from herôme etc.

But since I have a job ( two jobs ~~ .. ) they keep breaking. I hate that. So I gave up with taking care of them phoe.
LittleMissSunshine
i'm still a nail bitter! and i don't know how to stop :/! i've tried; nail polish, lemons, rubberband on your wrist, any ideas?! and when i do stop biting them for a week, they break cause it's not strong.
manny-the-dino
^Even those nail polishes that make you want to barf or something like that?
LittleMissSunshine
i don't bite my nails when nail polish is on them. without noticing i start peeling or picking it off, then i bite them :/!
manny-the-dino
Oh wow. You should try that nail polish; it can help.
LittleMissSunshine
lollll what kind of nail polish is that?!
manny-the-dino
Ugh I don't see any on Sally Hansen's website but there are some out there. Just look for them in the nail polish section. :)
LittleMissSunshine
next time you go, let me know the name and i'll buy ^__^
hi-C
I used No Bite It to ween me off biting my nails. I can't find it online, but here are a couple of other brands: http://search.folica.com/search?p=Q&ts...amp;x=0&y=0
gojira
damn i actually don't meet too many kids like myself that don't bite their nails. ever since i was a kid, i've always had a habit of keeping them clean. i'm assuming like hair, good dieting. if you use nail polish, use a base coat, especially something that has protein in it.

damn google is not really giving much, one site's advice contradicts another.
LittleMissSunshine
thankss :D
stephinika
...I just constantly get acrylic nails. =p Haha, how awful...but thats just my way. Lol.
shoryuken
QUOTE(hi-C @ Jan 29 2009, 11:14 AM) *
After years and years and years and years I stopped biting my nails a few months ago but I can never get them to not break. It's like damn, why'd I'd stop in the first place. Anyways, how do you guys take care of your nails?

dip u fingurr en KFC bucckett evurri daii..

u c quix fix... u nail ginnaa bi lyke KAABLAM..
staardust
hmmm i used to bite my nails but i got braces for like, 2 years, so there's not much point in that is there lol

anyway, try REVLON post trauma nail treatment
http://www.revlon.com/productcatalog/Produ...px?ProductID=82

i just used it yesterday and they harden my nails and make it less easier to break - not that it does anyway because i keep my nails short.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.