Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desicions
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Writing
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto
So chea read it and tell me what ya think....

Decisions....

Damn it's been wa while since I've written anything....

What is it that causes one to make a decision?

I know that we all make decisions in life naturally and we know what the outcome or the result of that decision would be, however I think the decisions that affect us the most are the ones that are unpredictable.

When something unpredictable is decided upon technically one cant really know what's going to happen off the bat. They may have an idea but can not always be too sure.

When you do however make a choice or decision you take full responsibility for it no matter the outcome.

On a personal note I've made plenty of bad decisions in my life which I think are both useful and not at the same time. The positive side of making a bad decision is that you learn from it and make something better of it whereas the negative side o fit is that you can't take back what was done and the damage usually is more than you want it to be.

I guess that's the whole thing about things being unpredictable, you can't prepare for it nor can you really gauge what the results would be. With that being said how do you deal with a bad decision or mistake especially if the damage greatly outweighs the lesson learned?

This I honestly don't know how to answer but I can definitely say for sure...If you truly learned something from a mistake then it helps you grow as a person. (I don't think people really change cause change is when something goes from one form to another, so I'd consider this "growing" to be an evolution.)

I definitely would say that recently decisions I've made which turned out badly have really helped me realize a lot and as much as I regret the damage I caused to my self or to any one close to me or involved with me or anything it's not something I can take back. This being said I have to do whatever I can do to fix what I can and keep moving.

It really makes you think though, if I had not done this or that how would I be different today? I mean I tend to think out my decisions but so does everyone else unless you always act impulsively right? When we come up to a decision we have to make don't we usually go with what we think seems right? Cause I'm sure no one wants to make a decision they KNOW is going to result negatively correct?

This however does not mean that what one decides to do is necessarily right but on the same note does not mean that the person is necessarily wrong either.

Now although I know that it's usually better to let things go and move on, there are somethings that moving on really isn't possible because either the regret is too great or the feelings are too deeply attached to whatever was affected to stop one from letting go and moving on from a mistake that was made. (btw this doesn't apply for things like murder and extreme things like that so yea for all those out there who think I killed someone...you're dead wrong.)

Truth of Mistake

"There's something that cannot be expressed in words, human emotion. Emotions of the heart can't just be tucked away in a closet. But there is a way to know the emotions. Look into the eyes. The girl lied to me, and I believed her. The gentleman lied to me, when I trusted him. But the moment I looked into his eyes, the angel of destiny began to unravel the truth. Just Look into their eyes. There is only one truth."

- Vash the Stampede Trigun Episode 2: Truth of Mistake

I love that quote because it's so true and I can apply that to my life on so many levels. Sometimes i wonder though, how could one person be blinded by an emotion so much to the point where they can't see what's in front of them. I know I've been guilty of it before as well as a victim of it as there has been plenty of times where I could be going to all extremes to show someone the truth or to prove something to them but they were so caught up in emotion that they could couldn't think clearly enough to realize what was going on right in front of them. Something as simple as a misunderstanding or a disagreement could turn in to so much worse simply because of one person's failure to think properly and not let their emotions control them rather than their own minds.

For example I had a disagreement with someone before and rather than sit down and talk things out and respond in a more calm manor I let my own anger and emotion take over and as result ended up lashing out and going off on the person. Yes it was wrong of me to do that and after sitting down and thinking about everything I realized that things could have been dealt with a lot better than the way things were handled and also I found out that it was all strictly miscommuncation I felt stupid afterward because simply off the way I acted I completely ignored the fact that the person was trying to tell me something and I disregarded the fact that even though we did have a bit of miscommuncation the problem wasn't really much of one at all ti was a lot smaller than I had made it out to be and I blew everything out of proportion.
Silly yea I now but we have our moments down we? (now's a good time to raise your hands people). In the rear view of things you kinda realize after something like that, what you once thought was something so bad or so terrible and something that hurt you or annoyed you or bothered you really was you taking things too far or not paying attention or something along those lines in a sense. So I guess that quote don't judge a book by it's cover really means something cause a problem isn't always what it seems. So pretty much the lesson I learned was not to be impulsive and that not everything is what it seems (like the 3rd time I've said that).
Learning that was pretty useful though because it's always better to understand and save your self the headache of a huge altercation than to jump to conclusions especially if you really don't know what's going on or what's happening and just go off what you believe is right all the time.

That angel of destiny you really gotta look for it cause one misjudgment, bad decision mistake what have you could damage and destroy a LOT. I know cause I've seen it happen and damn it not a pretty. I just wish I could repair everything but you can only do so much nah mean? I think everyone tries to fix what they break unless they truly don't care. I know if I don't care about something I'm not going to worry my head about it let alone affiliate myself with the problem but if I do care best believe I'll do whatever I can to fix up anything and everything. Put it this way when you make a mess you clean it up and when you're hurt you fix your self up correct?
Yeah same thing...

well.... there I think i let you all into my head enough...
Show me some love and hit me up ya digg?

+ + DRE

© 2008
All Rights Reserved
karmakiller
Haha, I like how you don't like to read long posts.

I tried to read some of this... I might come back to it. I don't want your typing to be in vain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.