Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: YouTube
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
fameONE
Since members often post random youtube clips of all kinds of things, shouldn't there be a subforum for youtube vids? Granted, the clips that are appropriate to a topic (music, politics, etc), should stay in that appropriate forum, but for the random stuff, it might make more sense to have a separate location for it.

Thoughts?
Gigi
So you're proposing something like the Pictures subforum, except for videos?

I kinda like it. It keeps the random videos unrelated to specific threads centralized in one place. Plus we have a place for more personal cB member videos (Members' Photos, except...Members' Videos?). I can see there being topics for random things like in Pictures (Post pictures of your room/school/house whatever) except in video form.
fameONE
Gigi, we're definitely on the same page. Let's see if the mods budge on this.
superstitious
I like it. Reminds me of the tag videos we had a while ago. People could post their personal videos as well. Not sure if it's something that would fit under the general Community Center parent or under Interests.

Either way, I'm all for trying new things and see how they'd work.
DoubleJ
If that's the case, can we delete one of the other sub forums that doesn't get used?
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jan 18 2009, 12:50 PM) *
If that's the case, can we delete one of the other sub forums that doesn't get used?

like what
DoubleJ
Maybe Anime?
brooklyneast05
you got something against asians mellow.gif

i'm neutral on this idea. if other people wanna try it out then it sounds good to me.
superstitious
LOL What does the anime forum have to do with getting a video forum? (Unless someone has said something about there being too many forums). :p
DoubleJ
Nothing at all. I just brought up the suggestion, because I know that in the past when it has been done, a sub forum was removed. I don't mind keeping it there though, and I do like the idea of a video sub forum.
superstitious
Gotcha. I don't think anything needs to be removed but yes, I think trying a vid forum would be neat and wouldn't harm anything.
Harp
Hallelujah.
fameONE
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Jan 18 2009, 08:03 PM) *
Hallelujah.

I've lurked your posts enough to know that you're youtube obsessed.

What's the worst that could happen (aside from me, KC and Javonn having a 'booty meat' youtube thread)?
karmakiller
Hm, I like this idea. But it might cause me to spend more time on cb.
fameONE
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jan 18 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Hm, I like this idea. But it might cause me to spend more time on cb.

Is it really that bad being around me, Dee? Why didn't you tell me you wanted a divorce? _unsure.gif
KINGdinguhling
karmakiller
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Jan 18 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Is it really that bad being around me, Dee? Why didn't you tell me you wanted a divorce? _unsure.gif
hug.gif I like being around you, that's why I asked you to take a position with me.
Simba
MORE POWA TO THE PEOPLE

deed it
fameONE
Just for organizational purposes, what if we moved anime and made it a subforum of Movies/TV, then put the YouTube subforum in Interests (where Anime once was)?
Maccabee
Can it it be a forum with spam allowed?
Cause i think it would be fun to have threads where we post videos of ourselfs.
Or have video conversations or something.
Rachel
^There is a humor subforum for that.
superstitious
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Feb 3 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Just for organizational purposes, what if we moved anime and made it a subforum of Movies/TV, then put the YouTube subforum in Interests (where Anime once was)?

That makes sense to me, although sometimes manga is discussed (which I guess should go in books? xD).

Academia is pretty lacking in subforums, perhaps move Writing there? Humor and/or Sports in Lifestyle? I don't know, to free up room in interests?
karmakiller
I think either Anime, Art, or Writing could be moved to Academia to free up space for a video forum.

And, no, it wouldn't be a spam forum. That's what the Sandbox Forum Games is for.
NoSex
TAGS.

that's all i have to say.
mipadi
QUOTE(NoSex @ Feb 3 2009, 06:22 PM) *
TAGS.

that's all i have to say.

Yeah, I agree. I think it'd make more sense to tag threads, rather than have them exist under a single subforum.

Unfortunately, I don't think IPB supports tagging. Even if it does, it's likely an extension or upgrade that would require Jusun to install, and, well...
fameONE
QUOTE(mipadi @ Feb 4 2009, 05:20 AM) *
Yeah, I agree. I think it'd make more sense to tag threads, rather than have them exist under a single subforum.

Unfortunately, I don't think IPB supports tagging. Even if it does, it's likely an extension or upgrade that would require Jusun to install, and, well...

Which brings us back to the issue of Admins having a little bit more power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.