Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: world's smallest sculpture
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05

british artist willard wigan is the creator of the world's smallest sculptures. his pieces are so small that wigan needs to use a microscope and to work between heartbeats in order to sculpt them. tiny figures, buildings and landmarks (invisible to the naked eye) are carved from grains of sand and painted using the hair of a fly.

none345678
Holy shit. lol " I think I inhaled her"
Eww
O:
I saw this a 2-3 years ago. I thought it was a gimmick :\
brooklyneast05
noooooooope it's legit

Gigi
"He paints with a hair plucked from a housefly's back"

WHAT? That's intense.
stephinika
^^
No kidding. Damn. Yeah I've heard of him, but never seen the vid.

"I think I inhaled her."
LOL
mytangerine
holy shit, that is impressive! thumbsup.gif
heyo-captain-jack
Old news.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(9001 @ Jan 16 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Old news.

who the f*ck said art posted here has to be brand new?

heyo-captain-jack
Who the f*ck said I can't write freely?
brooklyneast05
i did because i don't give a f*ck about whether this art is old or new and that's completely irrelevant to informing people about it.
heyo-captain-jack
Denying my freedoms, ok.

Learn to deal with people.
brooklyneast05
learn to make sense. if i post some bernini in here are you going to come tell me it's old news? that is pointless in the art subforum is my whole point.

but i guess you can have your cookie for knowing it's not brand new art thumbsup.gif
heyo-captain-jack
I probably wouldn't. He ages better than Wigan.

But yes, I'll take that cookie.
brooklyneast05
obviously, but it's still old news rolleyes.gif

superstitious
This isn't "old news" to those who didn't know about it, such as myself so I am personally thanking JC for sharing this. Thank you, JC. Very impressive and slightly disturbing (at how steady and focused one must be to accomplish such).
Tomates
goodness, and the little people on the needle, thats crazy. He must have a really small paintbrush or something to paint them
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 16 2009, 07:06 PM) *
goodness, and the little people on the needle, thats crazy. He must have a really small paintbrush or something to paint them

yeah he says that he paints using the hair off a flies back loool.gif
missnh
WHAT THE f*ck. HOLY SHIT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.