Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOM NOM NOM NOM
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
technicolour
This was an art project. It's a monster eating a city. Got the idea after watching Cloverfield. Heh. Anyways. It's all dots. Took me about two months to do. The nice thing is you can work on it while watching a movie or something. I really like stippling a lot

ANYWAYS. The illustration board I used is about 14 inches by 4 inches. Yeaaahhh. All dots.

Oh, and there is a light brown smear on it. I spilled hot chocolate on it. Whoops.
gojira
i love this and i rarely like members werk.
manny-the-dino
Haha this is so cute. I love how he's eating the building.
Joanne
This has the perfect amount of quirkiness. I love it!

The first picture totally made me think you sprinkled little bits of black stuff (like those rubber things on artificial turf fields) to make the images.
Simba
oh wow this is yours

very noice
heyo-captain-jack
I can never use that technique. It takes too long.

It's good.
brooklyneast05
i like this. i've always sucked at this technique also.
Tomates
Thats super cool. I remember doing a dot art like that in my art class once.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(technicolour @ Jan 6 2009, 03:10 AM) *
Oh, and there is a light brown smear on it. I spilled hot chocolate on it. Whoops.

isn't that a bitch? i have so many drawings that i've spilled coffee on. the stupid thing with me is that i know ahead of time when i sit down at my work with my coffee that i'll probably spill some but i'm like "oh well" and then get pissed off when i spill it.
technicolour
Yes it is bitch. But it was my fault. Attempting to juggle 2 SBUX drinks, my binder, and this piece. I was so pissed off at myself. Arghhh.

But thanks guys! It does take forever, but me being the absolute freak I am, I kind of find it relaxing. =/
Blyat
wow that really is cute :D
i didn't even notice it was dot art at first
pandemonium
awesome, i did this too in my freshmen art class, it was ok i got fustrated making all those dots...

what a patience you've got!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.