Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW! Topic Ratings
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
karmakiller
This idea has been thrown around a bit, but we decided to enable topic ratings for the Showcase Booth and the Debate forum. When you read a topic, you click on "Rating" (to left of the "Options" dropdown) and rate the topic.

Any suggestions or questions, post away!
Jghelfi
when Exactly will this be in affect..? huh.gif
manny-the-dino
It's already in effect. Just go to the Showcase Booth or Debate forums & you should see it.
digitalfragrance
Sweet! Awesome feature _smile.gif

Edit: And it doesn't show up for me in the Showcase booth. >.<
karmakiller
^ Hmm, it should be working now.

I've changed it so that people in the "Member" group can rate topics, too.
superstitious
Cool. Interested in seeing how this goes. :)
digitalfragrance
Great it works :]
Blaqheartedstar
woot its up!
fameONE
I like this a lot. It should be easier to sort through the bullshit in both forums to get to the quality threads.
emmasawr
Sweet feature! :)
queen
oh i am gonna have too much fun with this. 2muchbullshit in both those subforums.
lesterkyle
Cool, Thanks, Keep up the good work :]
IVIike
I really like this idea great work guys thumbsup.gif
Harp
i like this :)
great new feature.
creole
What if a plethora amount of people rank down the topic? Would it consider being closed..?
karmakiller
^ We're open to suggestions. That's something that was brought up, and it would fine to implement something like that, as long as people didn't give low ratings to topics based on who made the topic.
LoveToMySilas
At first, I thought it was a topic rating feature for all forums. I thought to myself, "this is a disaster waiting to happen." But I think leaving it in debate and showcase booth forums are a good idea. Looking forward to seeing this in action. thumbsup.gif
mipadi
QUOTE(fameONE @ Dec 23 2008, 01:30 AM) *
I like this a lot. It should be easier to sort through the bullshit in both forums to get to the quality threads.

Theoretically yes, assuming people don't up-vote bullshit en-masse.
queen
i think so far, the ratings have been decently accurate.
sixfive
QUOTE(mipadi @ Jan 4 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Theoretically yes, assuming people don't up-vote bullshit en-masse.

Too bad people's views of what bullshit is and isn't vary and can easily be influenced by a noisy poster with strong, uncontested, opinions (right or wrong).
abzz
aweesomeee[;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.