Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bruschetta
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
gojira
discuss your love for it, homemade or dining out!

"A simple Bruschetta is a simple dish: simply purchase some hard bread from your local Italian style Deli or Market (if too hard to bite, run under water for 4-5seconds) and tomatoes, a wide range of herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), olive oil, salt and pepper. If you want a stronger flavor, add onion and fresh garlic. Dice all the vegies, chop the herbs medium-fine. Then mix in a bowl add light olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. You can also add balsamic vinegar but add that right before serving as it will discolor the light vegetables. Toast the bread to just warm and then spoon the mixture on the bread. Garnish with olive oil. Serve with salt."
via

if anybody's in va/dc area, you should check out busboys & poets restaurant. that's where i had my first encounter with this delish treat.
gojira
it's unfortunately in shirlington, which takes me 45-50 minutes because you have through d.c. that part of town is love though because atmosphere with really random restaurants, passing by trees decorated with lights :)
brooklyneast05
damn i'm in love with this stuff too. we always get this as an appetizer when we go out. i make this a lot at home though whenever i get good tomatoes. also if you make it yourself, if you have too much left over a good thing to do is put it on spaghetti instead of sauce. it's really good.
Joanne
I want some.
ShapeofaGirl
Ahhh... *mouth watering*
I love love love Bruschetta. Thank you for posting the ingredients and recipe.
dilligrout
I don't think I've ever had it.. but its making me hungry..
IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD!
xoxo_proud
I always get the Bruschetta appetizer at Olive Garden. It's big enough to count as meal if only one person is eating it. thumbsup.gif
hi-C
I love bruschetta! And Busboys and Poets! I go to the one on 14th and V.

I prefer bruschetta with garlic and onions because I'm a freak about garlic. Oh man, that reminds me about the time I had bruschetta pizza once. That was goooooood.
superstitious
^Bruschetta pizza is awesome.

I prefer the way my brother's aunt makes it (she's Italian, which helps). I think she puts a little bit of red wine it, if memory serves.
Simba
QUOTE(giraffe @ Dec 15 2008, 03:27 AM) *
if anybody's in va/dc area, you should check out busboys & poets restaurant. that's where i had my first encounter with this delish treat.
r u werkin for food network nao
gojira
i wish. i think you would love the restaurant though. they have open mic mondays!
http://www.busboysandpoets.com/rooms.php
Simba
yo bruschetta, open mic night, and a poet's cafe?

sounds like my kinda restaurant
gojira
BUMP because this is love!
Gigi
That first picture is seriously making me drool right now.
LittleMissSunshine
the bruschetta near my house closed down ):
carolannexbh
QUOTE(hi-C @ Dec 18 2008, 10:17 PM) *
I love bruschetta! And Busboys and Poets! I go to the one on 14th and V.

I prefer bruschetta with garlic and onions because I'm a freak about garlic. Oh man, that reminds me about the time I had bruschetta pizza once. That was goooooood.

Brushetta pizza is so good
brooklyneast05
i'm gonna have some of this tonight
Tsukuyomi-No-Mokoto
damn now i want some... :D
emberfly
The pictures are pretty, but by the look of the food, all I want to do is sick.gif.
Gigi
the f*ck is wrong with you.
queen
i just made this the other day. i was originally planning to just make garlic bread but decided to go up a notch. i lah bruschetta <3 yayayay
gojira
QUOTE(emberfly @ Jan 24 2009, 06:26 PM) *
The pictures are pretty, but by the look of the food, all I want to do is sick.gif .

really? i hope you have nightmares about bruschetta monsters attacking you. happy vomit day! _smile.gif

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
batman
gdamn now i'm really hungry :(

and ramen's not gonna cut it :(
DoubleJ
This shit is making a seasonal0.gif hungry now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.