Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: watches
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
batman
I did a search and it didn't come up, which is sort of surprising...

Anyways, do you wear a watch? Post yours uppppp.

click to enlarge

I interchange between the two. I wore the Relic a lot in high school, but now I wear the Movado all the time. Both were gifts because I'm too much of a cheap-ass to buy my own watch, lol.
DoubleJ
My boy always tells me that a real man has a nice time piece. Not the cheap shit either. I wanna get a tag soon.
batman
lol my mom always says:

You judge a woman by her bag and her shoes,
You judge a man by the watch he wears.
Joanne
My cellphone camera is being crappy and won't focus on the watch, so no actual picture of my watch! ><

I like my old one a lot more, though. It was also Fossil, and had a black leather strap. I lost it at summer camp. sad.gif
Jenni
noo i dont i dont like watches their too blahh
DoubleJ
QUOTE(heartquasm @ Dec 8 2008, 04:04 PM) *
lol my mom always says:

You judge a woman by her bag and her shoes,
You judge a man by the watch he wears.

I agree with that statement.
brooklyneast05
so i have new respect for that movado watch. i'm trying to find a watch for my mom, and i liked the minimal styles of those until i saw the price tag stubborn.gif

i needa make a topic about this so someone can tell me where to look
batman
aw. i got is as a gift so idk how much it was. but then i saw the website when i was looking at your other topic and i went o.O
misoshiru
I have an Armani watch that my mom passed down to me since she no longer wears it.
batman
picturrrrrre :D
Gigi
Maybe I will take proper pictures later.

I've also got another really old D&G watch that's lime green, luurve it.
Joanne
^ Ohhhhh I've never seen that black D&G before! Pretty!!
RoyalSwagger
I just bought a woman's D&G watch haha it was cute and sparkly
Harp
i can't stand wearing things on my wrists :(
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Jan 17 2009, 10:33 PM) *
i can't stand wearing things on my wrists :(

I never wear anything but my watch on mine. I hate not knowing what time it is. I don't understand how people can bear to pull out their cell phones/etc. whenever they need to check the time, or even worse, ask other people what time it is all the time. It's not that freaking hard to get your own damn watch.
Tung
taking your phone out isn't that hard.
Simba
when you have both of your hands occupied, it's nice to have something on your wrist that's quick to look at instead of having to rummage through your pocket

at least that's what happens to me when I'm always out taking photos
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Tung @ Jan 17 2009, 11:05 PM) *
taking your phone out isn't that hard.

More efficient to just look at your wrist and know what time it is. Digging around for your phone is annoying.
synatribe
click to enlarge

its a nike anvil super sledge. I got it for christmas last year. It is freakin heavy
synatribe
QUOTE(Gigi @ Dec 15 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Maybe I will take proper pictures later.

I've also got another really old D&G watch that's lime green, luurve it.

ooo nice :]
fameONE
click to enlarge

I just bought this watch from DrJays. I cannot wait to get back to wearing civilian attire so I can rock this and my new Prada shades.
Simba
man I was gonna by a DJ watch or necklace like that, but the ones I found were either really cheap looking or mad expensive :(
fameONE
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Jan 18 2009, 11:52 PM) *
man I was gonna by a DJ watch or necklace like that, but the ones I found were either really cheap looking or mad expensive :(

$88.00 from DrJays, homie!
Simba
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Jan 18 2009, 04:05 PM) *
$88.00 from DrJays, homie!
$88 can buy me about 8 reckids mayne!
batman
QUOTE(heartquasm @ Dec 15 2008, 10:16 PM) *
aw. i got is as a gift so idk how much it was. but then i saw the website when i was looking at your other topic and i went o.O

man, so i went to movado the other day to look for a watch for my cousin and realized that the watch i have right now sold for $500. can't believe my aunt spent that much on me. >.<
heyo-captain-jack
I bought all my watches from thinkgeek.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/6a17/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/a59a/

I want this one
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/7a91/
:flashfap:
Maccabee
I have a sexy fossil watch. I have to get some links taken out of it though.

This baby is valued at 200$.
heyo-captain-jack
Don't like that blue face.
transcendentalism
^i like your watches

haven't really looked at watches .. for myself lately. i don't think i'm really the sort to wear them as i'm kind of rough and tumbling around everywhere anyway.

guys, what brands of watches appeal to you the most? if you sort by brands, anyway. i'm thinking about getting the boyfriend a watch in the near future, just kind of as an out of nowhere gift.

Maccabee
I honestly dont care about brands. Its just how it looks. Does he usually wear a watch> Because if he uses his phone to chwck the time, like me, then he would only want a stylish watch. My watch adoesnt even have numbers but it looks cool. It really depends on the guy. It seems like dads or people who are high class like metal watches, abercombie, american eagle kind of guys like brown leather watches and the list goes on.
heyo-captain-jack
I think I've owned like 3 watches in my life that didn't have a metal band.
smash
i love fossil watches. i've been giving them as gifts for the last couple of years. i have yet to get one for myself. they're one of the few items i don't mind spending a good chunk of money on.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(transcendentalism @ Jul 7 2009, 05:19 PM) *
i'm thinking about getting the boyfriend a watch in the near future, just kind of as an out of nowhere gift.

You can't go wrong with Movado wink.gif Plus, they're much more affordable than Gucci, Cartier, and Tag Heuer watches. It depends on what your budget is?

QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 7 2009, 05:26 PM) *
It seems like dads or people who are high class like metal watches, abercombie, american eagle kind of guys like brown leather watches and the list goes on.

That's complete BS. Stop generalizing people. My sister's boyfriend has a "brown leather" watch, but it's Diesel (valued at ~$350). And he's definitely NOT the kind of guy who wears A&F or AE. His favorite brand is probably Kenneth Cole. I've seen my friends who wear A&F, Hollister, AE, etc. (whatever preppy brands you want to list) also wear "metal" watches.
Maccabee
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 8 2009, 12:10 AM) *
That's complete BS. Stop generalizing people. My sister's boyfriend has a "brown leather" watch, but it's Diesel (valued at ~$350). And he's definitely NOT the kind of guy who wears A&F or AE. His favorite brand is probably Kenneth Cole. I've seen my friends who wear A&F, Hollister, AE, etc. (whatever preppy brands you want to list) also wear "metal" watches.

Sorry. Your right. I was just thinking of all the kind of abercombie and american eagle guys I know. Cause that is all they wear.
batman
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 8 2009, 01:10 AM) *
You can't go wrong with Movado wink.gif Plus, they're much more affordable than Gucci, Cartier, and Tag Heuer watches. It depends on what your budget is?

LOL at "affordable" :(

Cheapest watch they sell in the Movado store is $500 and most are $1k+

-_-

but yeah, true. i guess if you compare it with the other "make you go broke unless you're a wealthy motherf*cker" brandnames it's not so bad. I went into Tiffany's and the starting price is $2k T_T
Just_Dream
QUOTE(kaijubot @ Jul 7 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Cheapest watch they sell in the Movado store is $500 and most are $1k+

That's why I can't buy one for myself. I'll just end up breaking it shortly after wearing it. cry.gif But I'll buy it for the Tonticles. tongue.gif

jcp - it's just a matter of preference, is what I'm trying to say.
batman
^ lol idk, movado watches are pretty sturdy, but if you lose it then you're shit out of luck :(

my sister lost hers -_-

JonHMChan

Though I want to change the strap.
batman
man can't stop looking at these: http://www.mrjoneswatches.com
queen
^ i love the average day watch ;]
batman
^ i know! i sort of want to get a customized version of that, but instead of the average day for an average person, i wanna get an average day for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.