Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: groceries
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
brooklyneast05
how much do you spend a week on groceries? for those of you who don't have a kitchen or something, how much do yo spend on food in general?

i know a dude who stopped eating out, and he saved 80 bucks a week by cutting just that out. that's insane to me to spend 80 bucks a week on fast food/restaurants. i spend about 80 dollars a week on groceries for two people, which i think is pretty good.
batman
lol i refuse to eat out. i spend about $40 every two weeks on groceries, ><.
brooklyneast05
i eat out more on the weekends. i cook pretty much every day of the week most times though.

that's like 20 bucks per week, that's cheap ohmy.gif
batman
Yeah, I've been starving myself lol.
misoshiru
I pretty much only eat school food.
gojira
lol too poor at the moment. for grocery shopping, i usually go in the store wanting one thing, but end up coming out with five things. ramen4lifetho. going out with friends can cause major damage to my bank account because the only thing that everybody can ever agree on is food.

you guys have seen this right? what the world eats

Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23

the germany one made me giggle

Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07
Favorite foods: fried potatoes with onions, bacon and herring, fried noodles with eggs and cheese, pizza, vanilla pudding
karmakiller
^ One family's fav. food is pig knuckles....

My brother will sometimes go out to eat for breakfast AND for lunch. I have no idea where he gets the money, unless if he makes his friends pay for him, too.

I spent probably $200 tops on food a month. But I cook a lot for other people, so idk what I spent just on myself.
gojira
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Dec 7 2008, 05:24 PM) *
^ One family's fav. food is pig knuckles....

My brother will sometimes go out to eat for breakfast AND for lunch. I have no idea where he gets the money, unless if he makes his friends pay for him, too.

I spent probably $200 tops on food a month. But I cook a lot for other people, so idk what I spent just on myself.

WAT. U COOK. please adopt me.
karmakiller
yeah, I cook yummy food all the time. It may not be better than Diana's, but it's just as good.
DoubleJ
About 200 per week
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Dec 7 2008, 10:55 PM) *
About 200 per week

damn what the hell do you eat?
DoubleJ
I don't know how to cook so I eat out a lot
brooklyneast05
oh yeah, i knew that
hi-C
When I was living by myself -- or grocery shopping for myself, rather -- I think it less than $40/week for the most part, but I rarely made breakfast (I bought scones and cereal occasionally) so it was probably more than that.
superstitious
Oh god. I spend a little over 100/week. Sometimes more if I'm making something special.
Zentastic
We usually cook at home instead of eating out, and yes, that saves a lot of money. Unfortunately, I don't do a very good job of keeping track of grocery bills, but I know that ours usually hover at around $30 a week. This is because we eat a lot of veggies and other whole foods instead of getting processed foods.
amaezing19
I spend $90.00 every two and a half weeks. But it helps not to eat out. And it's just me by myself.
LittleMissSunshine
my mommy spends $50 to feed a family of 5 plus a dog for two weeks. publix buy one get one frees & walmart-e' helps alottttt.!
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Jan 23 2009, 06:07 PM) *
my mommy spends $50 to feed a family of 5 plus a dog for two weeks. publix buy one get one frees & walmart-e' helps alottttt.!

what the hell do you eat? i can barely feed two people for a week on 50 dollars.
gojira
i want to know too. unless she's feeding your famiry of five ramen all day, everyday. i wouldn't mind that too much, so let me join your famiry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.