Full Version: b
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
Jeng
ui
creole
These definitions were taken from Dictionary . com

Business Dictionary: Part-Time
Home > Library > Business & Finance > Business Dictionary

Employment that is less than a full-time organizational commitment on the part of the employee. Part-time employees usually do not receive the same health insurance, retirement, and other benefits full-time employees receive. For qualified retirement plan vesting purposes, part-time refers to an employee with less than 1,000 hours of service during a 12-month period.

Full time
Home > Library > Miscellaneous > Wikipedia

A permanent full-time job usually has benefits (such as health insurance), however, temporary full-time jobs usually do not have benefits. Full-time jobs are often considered careers. They usually pay more than part time jobs, and always carry more hours per week. The most common full-time work week in the US is 40 hours. However, some companies define full-time as 37.5 hours, or 35 hours, or whatever they deem appropriate for their business. In France it is a government-mandated 35 hours per week. In Germany it is between 35-40 hours per week. Also in Australia it is around 35-37 hours per week.

“Full-time” can also be used in reference to a student (usually in higher education) who takes a full load of coursework each semester.

hope it helps
Simba
full time usually means you're doing it to make a living

part time, it's usually just temporary, for extra cash
dosomethin888
At my job, it depends on how many hours you work. I think less than 20 means your part time. Anywhere from 20-40 is full time.

And my job doesnt let part timers get the discount.
ChaoticHeartCrash
In most work places in the US part time is any work time under 36 hours per week. Most Part-time jobs don't carry any benifits. If you work part time for more than a set amount of time (forgot the amount) by law they must consider you full-time. Full time is usually considered 36-40hrs. In hourly wages, if you clock more than 40 hours, they have to pay overtime which is time and a half of pay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.