Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I actually tell my mother I have my period?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Twist3d
In an earlier topic, I said I still hadn't told my mother about starting my period last year. Most people said I should tell her, unless she was like the the mom in Carrie xD. So I probably will, but I don't know how. She said anytime I felt uncomfortable to talk to her to call or email my sister.. But I'm not really comfortable doing that. So any suggestions? Oh, and obviously on my part, I'll tell her when I get my period that month.

Edit// I've never actually read the book Carrie. Just heard certain parts of it. [I know not important for this topic]
Twist3d
QUOTE(Krisaweanie @ Nov 18 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Honestly she's your mom, you should just tell her that you've gotten you're period. "Mom, i think i just got my period." or if you really want to be subtle about it and prefer to have her come up to you about it; Leave a tampon/pad box out in the open in your bathroom... she'll be bound to see it and ask you if you have your period.

If you're not comfortable on telling your mom about it, you don't have to. Just as long as you know how to deal with it and everything.

I know how to deal with it and everything. Just everyone keeps telling me she needs to know.
misoshiru
or how about "mom, I need more tampons/pads" it's not difficult
manic
You don't have to tell her, every body is different. I was a weird child, I told my mom when I got my period and I also showed her my first pube, lol.
Tomates
just say this "mom...i started my period"
karmakiller
She probably already knows, so you should just tell her. Walk up to her and say "Mom, I got my period." Not that hard.
Eww
Lol. When I first got it, I just screamed "HEY MOM. I GOT MAH PERIOD" right from the toilet seat.

It shouldn't be too awkward, I mean it's your mom. She should know.
fathomlessdame
WHen I first got my period, I was at my dad's apartment. Thankfully, his girlfriend was there. So i went up to her and said "I think I started my period." So she helped me and then I emailed my mom and told her I started my period. Its not a big deal..its life
Blyat
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Nov 18 2008, 07:47 PM) *
or how about "mom, I need more tampons/pads" it's not difficult

yeah make it sound like this isn't a big deal at all
like really its not that big of a deal
MiSSP
how old r u???
dosomethin888
I didnt tell my mom until a few months after I started it.. and she was hurt! Lol Idunno why?
Tomates
QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Nov 22 2008, 06:35 PM) *
I didnt tell my mom until a few months after I started it.. and she was hurt! Lol Idunno why?

its an important thing. I remember my mom telling me how she would want me to tell her right when i had it and then when i did she was glad that i told her.
I think its a matter of trust i would say.
ChaoticHeartCrash
I called my mom and told because I was in so much pain from the cramps and I didn't know what to take..
takemyhand
i didnt even know i had it til my mom washed my undies x) lmao.
i came home from my summer job one day and she goes "hey, did you know something?" and i was like "uhhhh.. no.. what?" and she was like "you have your period." i was like "whaaaaat?" xD lmao. then she took them out and showed me and i was like "ohhh... im stupid" lmao x)))
Comptine
LOL. I'm a little late but...

Your mom knows what a period is. She's had quite a few more than you so it shouldn't be awkward for either of you. You're both girls, you got each other.
disasterx87
I had to call my mother to tell her to get me tampons. :P She was happy I did though.
pedophile
Just be straight up with her. I don't see what the big deal is o.0
lilJdawg
Ask her if she could go with you to buy some pads. She will know what's up.
Amaranthus
QUOTE(manic @ Nov 18 2008, 07:53 PM) *
You don't have to tell her, every body is different. I was a weird child, I told my mom when I got my period and I also showed her my first pube, lol.

Ummm...

Anyways, act all excited over it and then she will be too.
TOOLBAGSIRNUTS
Say one of the two things:

A. Mom, I'm having my period
B. Mom, I missed my period

Hint: don't choose the latter
SuckDickNSaveLives
laugh.gif Wow thats embarassing. Glad I'm not a girl. I be done waited til I'm 35 and bust out with "Mom I got my period".
hypnotique
^lmao you would do that.

How old are you i mean after 13 its kinda expected that one will get their period
LoveToMySilas
I think the first thing I said when I got home was, "I think I pooped in my pants." whistling.gif Well, if you don't wanna say it directly. You can always go for the, "Mom, do you have a pad?".
lilnatcat
I'm sure she would know if she finds the packs of pads starting to disappear rapidly at 1 stage........
ViciousVic
I was at my friends house the first time I got it.
I shouted out to her and asked if I could borrow stuff.
Then her mom called my mom.
It was pretty funny.
s1cktypeS
just say:
"mom i have my period."

i can't think of any other way.
that's the simplest.
its not like ur tellin her ur pregnant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.