hi, my english teacher is making an "FCAT LIFE BOOK". FCAT is a test in Florida that you have to take every year till 11th grade. It's like if you don't pass the FCAT, you don't go to the next grade. Florida Comprehension Assessment Test.. Well she gave us 36 words, what we have to do is to create a scrapbook using those 36 words. Like Diagram, Effect, Face etc. and write the definition and give pictures on how we remember the word. The thing is, I don't know what to do/use for pictures for some words.. Mostly all of them.. The project is due next week Thursday, November 20th. And I can really use some really fun creative ideas! My teacher is only giving two grades an A or F. Either good or bad, if she doesn't like it, F. if she likes A.. My teacher is really strict so I don't have a lot of time.. Here are the words and definitions..

1)Author’s Point of View- The author’s attitude or opinion about the subject: the viewpoint from which something written.
2)Author’s Purpose- What the author is trying to accomplish through writing.
3)Cause- the reason the motive for an action, why something happens.
4)Chart- A group of facts about something setup in the form of a diagram, table, graph, etc.
5)Compare- To examine in order to observe or discover similarities and differences.
6)Conclusion- A reasonable outcome that can predict based on one’s own knowledge combined with the information obtained from the text: It is related to the information that is given in the text but may not be stated in text.
7)Contrast- To show differences when two or more things are compared.
8)Devices of Persuasion- Strategies that a writer uses to convince the reader of something; Common persuasive techniques include in the following:
+Bandwagon- Suggests that one should do or believe something because everyone is doing it.
+Testimonial- An expert or famous person gives a personal “testimony” as about a product or an idea.
+”Plain Folks”- Ordinary people that often used to persuade others: The thinking behind this technique that people tend to believe others who seems to be similar to themselves.
+Emotional Words- Uses words that appeal to a person’s emotions rather than his/her ability to reason.
9)Diagram- A drawing that shows how an item is made or high it looks.
10)Difference- The way in which two or more things are not the same.
11)Effect- The result or consequence of an action.
12)Fact- A statement that can be proven or tested to be true or false.
13)Graph- An illustration of quality and how it relates to another variable.
14)Inference- a combination of one’s own knowledge and information supplied in the text, which leads to a conclusion or generalization about a subject.
15)Main Idea- The most important point that the writer makes in a reading selection it can be stated or implied.
16)Most Accurate- Most correct based in the information provided.
17)Nonfiction- Writing about real people; places, things and ideas.
18)Opposing Points of View- Opposite ideas or opinions on the same topic.
19)Outcome- The result of something: The way something turns out, the effect.
20)Personification- A figure of speech in which human qualities are attributed to an object animal or idea.
21)Plot- The sequence of events in a work of literature: the action in the story.
22)Primary Source- An informational text passage or graphic representation such as a map, chart, photograph, illusion, advertisement, statistical table, letter, autobiography, work of literature, historical document interview or other first-handed source of information.
23)Relevant Supporting Details- The small pieces of information that support; develop, or explain the main idea.
24)Repetition- The repeating of sounds; letters, words or lines, which helps give poetry it’s meaning, form and sound.
25)Resolution- The final part of a plot the events in the story that work out the problem or the conflict.
26)Rhyme- The similarity of likeness of sound existing between two or more words.
27)Rhythm- The pattern or accented, unaccented, syllables in poetry: It brings out the musical quality of language and can create a particular mood.
28)Sequence of Events- The order in which events occur in a work of literature: Collectively known as the plot.
29)Setting- The time, place, and conditions under which a story takes place.
30)Similarity- The way in which two or more things are the same.
31)Simile- A comparison of two unlike things using words, “like” or “as” (ex. When he’s mad, Mr. Carter’s eyes are like charging bulls.)
32)Statistical Illustration- A graph or chart representing facts, numbers or other data.
33)Statistics- Facts or data of a numerical kind, which represent significant info about a subject.
34)Theme- The statement about life or human nature, a particular work is trying to convey the reader.
35)Tone- The author’s attitude toward his/her subject.
36) True- Not false, that which is so.

For Example; for Personification: I'm going to draw a head with a bubble with negative sign and draw another head with a bubble with a postive sign. Showing opposing ideas/opinions.

I can really use some creative ideas to help with my project! Please and thank you! Some of the words I have ideas, but not all of them! xP