Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson
Rookie of the Year: OJ Mayo
Most Improve Player: Andrew Bynum
Sixth Man of the Year: Lamar Odom
Defensive Player of the Year: Ron Artest
Tung
BUMP. stubborn.gif
DoubleJ
NBA Champions: San Antonio Spurs (tentative pick)
MVP: Undecided
Coach of the Year: Undecided
Rookie of the Year: Chris Douglas-Roberts
Most Improve Player: Jermaine O'Neal
Sixth Man of the Year: Undecided
Defensive Player of the Year: Undecided
brooklyneast05
i hope you're both wrong since i hate the lakers and spurs.

i am so sick of the spurs. i wish they would just trade duncan and parker away and go into some rebuilding years so that i would not have to hear about them for a while.
DoubleJ
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Oct 25 2008, 08:56 PM) *
i hope you're both wrong since i hate the lakers and spurs.

i am so sick of the spurs. i wish they would just trade duncan and parker away and go into some rebuilding years so that i would not have to hear about them for a while.

lmao! I really wanted to pick the Nets, but I mean idk. The Spurs are my tentative pick. I have to give them 10 games without Manu to see how they will do.
cakedout
lol if lamar odom becomes 6th man of the year, paul walker will be mvp
DoubleJ
QUOTE(cakedout @ Oct 26 2008, 07:16 AM) *
lol if lamar odom becomes 6th man of the year, paul walker will be mvp

Exactly. Those are such homer picks.
Tung
You crazy if you think the Spurs are going to win it all LOL. There's teams like the Jazz, Hornets, Lakers, and Celtics who are much better than the Spurs. Spurs are done son. Could've sworn Lakers beat the Spurs 4-1. Hmmm. Without Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza. Mind the fact that Ginobili is injured right now.

Chris Douglas Robets for RoTY? Hell nah son. You got guys like Greg Oden, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, and Derrick Rose who are way better than him.

Lol @ Jermaine O Neal being Most improve. Dude hasn't played a full season in how long?

I might be a homer, but picking the Lakers as the Champ isn't that crazy. Lamar Odom is playing off the bench this year, so him being a 6th man is a real possibly. A guy averaging 15/10/5 off the bench is pretty good.
DoubleJ
I can give you five to ten people who could win 6th man before odom is even considered.
Spurs winning the title is not as far of a possibility as people think.
What exactly has Andrew Bynum proven? The fact that he gets all the hype despite playing one full season says a lot.
CDR is not as far back as people are putting him. Michael Redd, Carlos Boozer, Manu....all guys who came out of the second round recently.

Everybody knows that if O'neal plays at least 75 games this year and averages 18 and 10, that will be considered good.
cakedout
Bynum or Rodney Stuckney will win most improved, lakers rockets or hornets going to finals against celtics

javonn, there are least 6 other rookies id choose over CDR
cakedout
QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 26 2008, 03:53 PM) *
A guy averaging 15/10/5 off the bench is pretty good.

too bad thats impossible seeing hes gonna have to fight both gasol and bynum for rebounds and minutes, hes gonna drop to like 8/5/3
DoubleJ
Of course there are, but the point is that cdr was just as bit as important for that memphis team as rose was. People forget about that.
cakedout
lol too bad mario chalmers decided to dick slap em. but i was talking about ROY award.
DoubleJ
And so am I, but the fact still remains that CDR is every bit as good as any of the other rookies out there.
cakedout
hes good, but i wouldnt classify him with mayo beasley rose westbrook.

be funny as shit if lakers traded odom and he pulls a manny and starts getting 20,10,8s LOL
Tung
i would put my money odom would get better stats on another team. the lakers has too much talent, so everyone's numbers will be down, even kobes.

and LOL at oden being injured on the first game. loool.gif
DoubleJ
He is already turning into Bill Walton.
Tung
LMAO @ Duncan.

Idiot thinks he can make a three like he did in the playoffs again. ROFL. Did you see Popovich's face when Duncan tried to tied the game with that three pointer. loool.gif
cakedout
lakers gonna get a 60+ win season, f**k it, im going for the hornets
Tung
lakers are unstoppable. they got too many weopons mang.

DAMN who's watching the hornets warriors game. CRAZYYYYYYYYYY
DoubleJ
My Nets won tonight. I love the analysts that pick the Knicks to make the playoffs, when the nets are every bit as good.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Oct 30 2008, 12:26 AM) *
My Nets won tonight. I love the analysts that pick the Knicks to make the playoffs, when the nets are every bit as good.

wub.gif

i wish jay z would convince lebron to join the nets when he goes up as a free agent ph34r.gif
DoubleJ
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Oct 30 2008, 07:27 AM) *
wub.gif

i wish jay z would convince lebron to join the nets when he goes up as a free agent ph34r.gif

True. I think ultimately somebody will buy the Nets and move them to Newark. That would be the best move for all parties involved.
cakedout
BROOOOOOKLYN
brooklyneast05
do any of you guys get nba tv?
DoubleJ
Yep I do!
brooklyneast05
i don't, but i kinda want it.
Tung
I got the Free NBA League pass that ends nov 11. free two weeks of this shit. IT'S AMAZING. and you can order it now for only $90 for the WHOLE season. that's a mad steal imo.
Tung
OH SNAP. Denver just got a steal.

Billips and McDyess for Iverson. I don't get Pistons side on getting Iverson, but Denver getting Billups will help Denver alot.
brooklyneast05
i love iverson and hate denver, so i'm ok there.
DoubleJ
I mean to me it really does nothing for Denver. They are essentially helping themselves to score less points.
brooklyneast05
There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

that made me laugh for some reason, he's just like hell no
DoubleJ
He knows that he can't bang with the big boys in the west.
brooklyneast05
f**k the west
DoubleJ
Truth. The east is better now.
Tung
lol Javonn you kidding me? Iverson is a great player, but he doesn't fit in with Denver, cuz he's a score-first point guard. Billups is more of a typical pass point guard, and adding billups will only help Denver's defense.

If you saw the Lakers-Denver game past Saturday, you will know they were leading the game like for 45 minutes, until Lakers played defense and won.
DoubleJ
You tell me where the other 25 - 30 ppg are going to come from?
Tung
Billups can score 17-20 points. So missing about 10 points isn't much. People like Carmelo, or JR Smith, KMart's numbers are going to go up.
DoubleJ
Didn't Smith sign somewhere else? They couldn't even win W/ Iverson! They lost three of their best players.
Tung
they traded andre miller for iverson. lol that trade was so lopsided.
DoubleJ
And now the mavs wanna trade Kidd lmao!
Tung
the Spurs are 0-3. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

whistling.gif
Tung
A. Stoudemire
18-22, 51 Pts
11 Rebs, 6 Assists

god damn, what a beast tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008110511
cakedout
lmao@east being better than the west, and wtf@billups not helping denver? if anything its better for denver than pistons, joe dumars gambled and we'll see how it plays out.
brooklyneast05
oklahoma city thunder is such a lame name
andrewexd

the east isnt better. the only good teams they have are boston, detroit, orlando. cleveland/philly/toronto are kind of in the middle because i havtn seen them play much (JO and brand). the west has (in no particular order)

hornets
suns
rockets
lakers
spurs (although manus injury could mess them up)
jazz

and then other team which i think may or may not make the playoffs
nuggets, mavs, clippers (if they can get it together), blazers (depends on oden though),

dumars did the trade because iverson will keep the pistons competetive while clearing 20 mil in cap space next year i hear they want boozer. Meanwhile denevr gets a real pointguard who can defend and make plays but his contract is kind of big for a 32? year old. good deal for both. JR smith should take some of the socring load as should nene before his annual 30 game injury. the camby trade was stupid imo. at least for the nuggets.
Tung
^ agreed with everything.

damn who saw last night game rockets vs blazers..

brandon roy is a beast!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/...egoryId=2459788
brooklyneast05
i don't think the east is better. i just said fuck the west, because i hate the majority of western teams shrug.gif
cakedout
QUOTE(andrewexd @ Nov 6 2008, 03:56 PM) *
the east isnt better. the only good teams they have are boston, detroit, orlando. cleveland/philly/toronto are kind of in the middle because i havtn seen them play much (JO and brand). the west has (in no particular order)

hornets
suns
rockets
lakers
spurs (although manus injury could mess them up)
jazz

and then other team which i think may or may not make the playoffs
nuggets, mavs, clippers (if they can get it together), blazers (depends on oden though),
dumars did the trade because iverson will keep the pistons competetive while clearing 20 mil in cap space next year i hear they want boozer. Meanwhile denevr gets a real pointguard who can defend and make plays but his contract is kind of big for a 32? year old. good deal for both. JR smith should take some of the socring load as should nene before his annual 30 game injury. the camby trade was stupid imo. at least for the nuggets.

orlando has been doing shitty and sixers even shittier, although the hawks are surprisingly capable of drillin in points and even beating my hornets. spurs are too old, lakers are too fucking beast, clippers have no chance(wtf why would you even mention them), blazers are prob gonna be 8th seed regardless of bill walton, i mean oden. denver may have a chance with the likes of billups, and boozer might go to miami, in my opinion.
andrewexd
calm down its only been 2 weeks.

why dont the clippers have a chance ? baron davis carried the warriors to 48 wins and the clippers have a better roster than the warriors did imo so why not? al thornton is a beast and is coming off a very successful rookie year (all rookie 1st team, 14th darft pick). chris kaman just had career high averages of 16, 13 and 3 and camby had career highs in rebounds and blocks 13 and 3.5 at the age of 34?. dunleavy is an idiot though so who knows.

spurs are too old for what ? theyre going to struggle without manu ginobli. too much playing time will be asked of duncan and parker and their bench isnt that great. roger mason might help the socring load but the spurs cant play every game like they did against minny. I dont think they can win their every other year championship but you would be silly to count them out.

boozer isnt going to miami makes no sense. Boozer cant make a 15 win team into a 50 win team . Deron williams is out and theyre still undefeated. speaking of.. williams is going to be an allstar this year or next (depending on the extent of his injury) they have 2 more allstars in kirilenko and okur. paul millsap and ronnie brewer are becoming very solid. Brvin knight is one of the best ball handlers in the game with a very impressive turnover to assist ratio (4.2 i think). I dont think boozer is going anywhere though. The Jazz can offer him the most money and the most years on a team that won 54 games. whats not to like ? The pistons are viable because they have been to the conference finals every year for 6 years. The heat i dont think will get it together this year. marion has dropped of a bit and you cant win championships without a center or pg. the two most important positions and i dont even remember who the heat have. jason williams retired and shaq left so...

sixers.. im not sure about. Brand isnt fitting in that well.. yet. They will get there. They still lack shooting especially 3 point shooting. they will get into the playoffs. Theyre not that great in the half court which elton brand has forced them to do. Ive only seen one game of theirs but brand needs to step up.

hawks have alot of good young players. horford, bibby, smith and joe johnson. I expect them to make the playoffs too.

orlando will get better... a team with dwight howard rashard lewis and hedo cant be shitty. I dont know if they can beat 52 games but they will be top 5 in the east.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.