Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A certain CMS
Forums > Resource Center > Webmasters' Corner > Webmasters' Corner Resolved Topics
mcklovin567
I was looking for a CMS that whould allow me to upload myspace layouts, have a preview, and a code with it. What CMS does Create Blog use, or is it custom made.

Something like http://www.mylayouthost.com/ would be nice. Right now I'm using a very modified version of wordpress, which works barely I don't wanna use Joomla because I just don't like it.

Any ideas?
Harp
www.fileave.com
It takes a bit of work, but you don't have to deal with all the stuff on the preview, like on mylayouthost.

What you have to do is make a FileAve account, and already have a Myspace account pre-made. I suggest making a totally new myspace account, as this will be your template for your layouts.

I don't know if you can get the code/page source on IE, so use Firefox. On your pre-made myspace page, view your profile, and go to view>page source. This will open a new window.

Then, go to FileAve, and click "Files" in the navigation bar.
Click on "Create Text File". Name your file as "template" or "default". MAKE SURE YOU PUT .HTML AFTER YOUR TITLE. Do this everytime you make a new page.

Now, take everything in your Page Source window, and copy it. Pase it on the FileAve page. And there you go.

Message me for more details.

What mine looks like: http://grau.fileave.com/realdef.html
fixtatik
i have a layout cms that i made just for myspace layouts, here. i've gotten some pretty nice compliments on it, but it does still have a couple bugs here and there i'm working on.
mcklovin567
Thanks these are both great and I just put the CMS on my local host, bit buggish but it looks great. And the fileAve solution works great too, I expected using the page source to be buggy, but it looks good.

-Edit - Keep getting a Redirect Loop Error with the CMS in firefox.
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please PM a moderator if you would like this reopened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.