Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've never had a boyfriend..
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LittleMissSunshine
so i searched for this topic.. and i couldn't find it. so if there is a topic about this, please let me know and then you can delete it and i can post it there. (:

I, myself, never had a boyfriend. I kinda feel left out because, all my friends even boys had like a partner for a little bit. and I have waited.. and said, it's not my time. heh, obviously it never use to bother me before.. but now it is. I guess it's because there's so much couples around me. It kinda gives the feeling that I want a boyfriend. I've never had a one. When I chill out with all my friends (girls) they explain like the best thing that happened to them with their boyfriends or stories of em'. should I be bothered? or like just forget about it, and focus on school/other things like i usually do?
Gigi
Neither have I. And right now I'm closer to one than I ever have been before and it's not making me any happier, I promise.

I probably don't have it as bad as you seeing as how none of my close friends have had boyfriends either (maybe we'll grow old together as old maids? LOL), but I seriously think that having a boyfriend is not all that it's cracked up to be. Better to wait for a guy you actually like, and that likes you, than feel like you need to whore yourself up just to feel accepted.

How old are you, I'm curious?
Melissa
It's okay, I've never had a boyfriend, either. I've gotten sorta close to having one, but all it really caused was lots and lots of stress. My best friend is always in really long relationships and the people around me are constantly coupling up, so I sorta know how you feel.

I figure I'll just let whatever happen ... happen. Focus on school, work, life, etc. Right now, I'm sorta fine with my little flings that don't mean anything. =/
LittleMissSunshine
LOL the old maid parts. 16... yeah i know.. it's kinda young. but man our world is so corrupted to have boyfriends and all the sex stuff. i was just bored, and put myself to use to ask a question. i've always asked my friends but never really answered my question. i really don't care if i do have a boyfriend now, cause i'm use to not having one. it just got me thinking when your bored you know?
towntown2
^^ I think deep down you feel insecure that you've never had one--and now you're covering it up by chalking it up to boredom.

Who cares if you didn't have boyfriends in high school?
Men have not fully evolved at this time, and they're still making dumb mistakes that incense you and take up your time.

Let them make their mistakes on other girls--let them practice on other people.
Once they're old enough and experienced enough, that's when you reap the benefits.
LittleMissSunshine
ehhh, whatever. boys are boys.. and i don't think i'm desperate to have one so bad ~ i was just thinking, cause that day was just an out of world question..
Joss-eh-lime
i know you've crushed on boys & then you probably think "oh well. nothing will ever happen with us." thats tough in high school (i would know, i think that all the time) the only advice i can give you is to not focus you entire self on having a boyfriend. look around campus and realize that not THAT many people are in a relationship.

a relationship with a boy should develop naturally you just cant force it, so try to become friends with boys that seem friendly & friendly.
misoshiru
I've never had a boyfriend either. And I'm pretty happy not having one. Although at the moment, if I were really physically and emotionally attracted to women, it'd be much easier to get a girlfriend.
ofconfidence
boyfriends will either make you happier than you've ever been or more miserable than you've ever been. it's a win/ lose kinda thing.

don't be in a rush to have one. because if the first one is a good guy, you'll be much better off.

maybe that's just me. i messed up the first time and it's almost unmotivated me completely to ever date again, but not quite.
shanaynay
Well make sure you know how the guy actualy is, not how he acts when he's flirting. guys will tend to be all nice and flirty, and then take advantage of your trust.
CocaineNoseJob
Awe its natural thinking like that. Just think of all the downs of having a boyfriend. All the potential problems and stress it can come with. Remember you dont need a guy to make you happy, just do your thing and eventually you'll find your first at the right time, when your ready.
cakedout
its ok, i never had a boyfriend either
misoshiru
but kevin, I thought you were gay. sad.gif
venti-anemoi
I've never had one either. Although I can't say everyone around me is hooking up, there is a lot of coupling going around, especially since Homecoming is right around the corner, and even though I'm happy for my friends there's this kind of lonely and left out feeling too.

I am learning so much in this thread right now, its scary. I should stop assuming things about people.

Me too. I was surprised by some people/ the number of people who said they've never had boyfriends before. (Then I felt guilty for assuming things. :/)
Flaunted
So this question came up to me a while ago when I was pondering about this situation (Pre-Boyfriend)

Would you rather have just any kind of boyfriend or one that you truly like and know he'll totally be there for you?

I didn't have my first and true boyfriend till I was nearly 18 and I'm so glad that I waited.

I don't think you should be worried :)
cakedout
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Oct 16 2008, 08:38 PM) *
but kevin, I thought you were gay. sad.gif

lol nope sorry
LittleMissSunshine
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Oct 15 2008, 09:56 PM) *
I've never had a boyfriend either. And I'm pretty happy not having one. Although at the moment, if I were really physically and emotionally attracted to women, it'd be much easier to get a girlfriend.

^ LOL :D

i never intentionally meaned i wanted a boyfriend so quickly. i guess it was a coping time for myself to be like "shyz, i don't have a boyfriend." i really don't want want one. i guess i just wanted that feeling to be needed, i suppose? yes, boyfriends are very complicated and hard to keep up with. thanks guys (: i really do have so much other things to focus on! flag football is around the corner, ahah (x.

blech; anywho, although some girls don't have boyfriends.. do you have crushes and such to keep you occupied?

btw; heh, judgemental is very hard to keep quiet about.
charliebonce
I have never had a bf and I'm 14. I know it's because I'm fat and, well, ugly. But I hope one day I'll find someone who can look past that. :3
rnicron
QUOTE(xstarstruckk @ Oct 15 2008, 09:06 PM) *
boyfriends will either make you happier than you've ever been or more miserable than you've ever been. it's a win/ lose kinda thing.
not exactly. if you care for someone, you'd have the will to actually work things out, not just say, "well, you suck. NEXT!"
LittleMissSunshine
QUOTE(charliebonce @ Oct 19 2008, 03:47 PM) *
I have never had a bf and I'm 14. I know it's because I'm fat and, well, ugly. But I hope one day I'll find someone who can look past that. :3

i don't think you should think that way. and i think 14 is pretty young to have a boyfriend. i mean i didn't have one either. lol (x but i think that the modern times these days you can have a boyfriend at ANY AGE! which i find it kinda disturbing due to the fact that it set us girls down.. haha xD anywho.. i don't think you should just have no self-confidence in yourself. i mean i've seen some guys with fat girls.. like my sister she's pretty on the chubby-side. like a lot, and she has a boyfriend who loves her just the way she is. and my teacher, she's in her late 20's and she has a boyfriend. she's pretty large too, i really don't think thats a good idea to just put down yourself like that. i mean everyone has different shapes and sizes and some may and don't have boyfriends.
xhugerific
i think its best if you wait for "mr.right" xD
cause if you fall in love too soon , you MAY get your heart broken.
& like you'll regret it. i'm serious.
Chii
I had my first boyfriend at the age of 14 and since then, I was pretty much never not in relationship. Guys have always liked me and I have always liked guys...but all I wanted were male friends not boyfriends and they didn't see it the same way. _unsure.gif

Boys are much more trouble than they're worth. I was always focused on the boyfriend so I sacrificed friendships and for a period, school.

All you should really care about are friends. They're so much less stressful. With friends, yeah you fight but then you make up however with a boyfriend, you fight and sometimes that's that.

charliebonce, beauty is a curse; wouldn't you rather someone want to be with you because of you and not what you look like? Sometimes, I still wonder if my boyfriend loves me for me or for what I look like... He has always liked Asian girls and likes to reference my body but when I bring it up he tells me that if that were so he wouldn't still be with me but I don't know...

Anyway, it's not a big deal if you don't have a boyfriend, a boyfriend doesn't define you or determine your happiness.
dosomethin888
Im 19 and never had a boyfriend. Oh well. Someday.......
Tomates
There will be people who dont get many boyfriends
and there will be people who will go through a ton.
Ive had 2 relationships, one in 8th grade which doesnt count since middle school relationships are never that serious so i guess ive only been in 1 real relationship and im currently still with him.

Luck of the draw i guess?
LittleMissSunshine
boyfriends, you can't live with em' or without em'. yes there are flings here and there, and some girls may have found the mr. right. i'm very happy for them! i can live without a boyfriend, heh, i've done it, i don't think waiting a few years hurts anymore. having boyfriends aren't the end of the world to say, yes i may have started this topic. but only because seeing that feeling that others have and that comes out as pure jealousy due to i don't have a boyfriend.

every girl has an emotional point, don't start it by discouraging yourself. and i mean it! boyfriends come and go.. never having a boyfriend is sensitive to some people. i've learned that complaining about it does nothing but soothe your soul to let people know your feelings at that moment. but to actually doing something is another storyyy :D~. so ladies, girls, chickadees, and women never having a boyfriend or someone to care for isn't forever. because never isn't forever.. basically i'm saying you can't say you never had one untill you lived forever.
swishersweet
i wouldn't mind being ur bf.
;]
LittleMissSunshine
hahaha (x no, i read your post how you just broke up with you girlfriend. lol that's way too fast to get back "in a relationship" status.. especially, if your still not over her (;
sixfive
heh, loser
swishersweet
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Oct 30 2008, 09:12 PM) *
hahaha (x no, i read your post how you just broke up with you girlfriend. lol that's way too fast to get back "in a relationship" status.. especially, if your still not over her (;

yeahh. i guess ur right.
but i'm kind of sort of over her now.
LittleMissSunshine
i still believe that was quickly fast izzjae.

but having girlfriends or boyfriends isn't the end of our world.
absinthe
honestly, i don't even find relationships desirable.

i haven't really been in a full fledged relationship either ... just exclusively dated guys for extended periods of time ... and none of them did a damned thing to change that view. if anything, they just made my life that much harder then, and in some cases, now.

and although there are those times where the existence of a constant speed dial 1 seems imperative (aka right after watching the notebook) i've found them to be temporary and thoroughly abatable without committing myself to a relationship.

but then again ... i've been told that i have quite a male outlook on relationships and dating courtesy my men are like skittles lifestyle ... so idk.
swishersweet
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Nov 3 2008, 10:37 PM) *
i still believe that was quickly fast izzjae.

but having girlfriends or boyfriends isn't the end of our world.

aha. just call me jae.
i know it's not. thanks for informing me.
LittleMissSunshine
LOL at your skittles life (x! lolll let's not date boys then xD!
djZrockerZ
its so totaly understandable what you feel. i never had one either and my bff started dating at like 10 years old. but dont thinks because of unattraction. one day, you'll find some one you like and want to date, like learning to fly, love takes time _smile.gif
LittleMissSunshine
haha thanks :D! you made me smile, xD.
espressive
i know this girl who has never had a boyfriend, but gives the best advice about relationships just because she's a good listener. look at it this way, the stories your friends tell you will give you insight on what to do, what not to do, and what to expect in a relationship. and perhaps the lessons learned from stupid stories/bad relationships will save you a heartbreak or two in the long run. tongue.gif
RCKstarh
seriously, dont worry about it. i've never had a boyfriend either nd im 16. i've had friends w/ benefits nd i've done all sorts of stuff that a boyfrend nd girlfriend would do but i try not to get too attached most times. Sometimes, i feel its better to not have a "title" on a relationship. jus let it flow nd u'll someday have someone who cares about u as much as u care about them
LittleMissSunshine
thanks ^^ that really helps if you think about ittt (;
Kay-
It's all good, man. I think dating in highschool really screws around with your mind. Think, maybe you're better off without a bf for awhile =]
ChaoticHeartCrash
I'm 20 and I've only had 2 boyfriends before I found the guy that I'm probably going to marry. It's best to wait and not let what you think is your heart get caught up in guys that aren't serious. One relationship lasted a week and the other lasted 1 month. Until you find someone that can be both your friend and someone you love, no guy is worth the hassle in my opinion. It's fun to go out and just hang out with guys, but I never saw the point in getting serious with someone whom I just think is cute and have no clue about the personality. I like to think of it as, all these girls go through "heart break" after "heart break" and I've only experienced it twice.. well once wasn't too bad, but think of the others that bawl for days then thow themselves at someone else just to have it happen again a week or two later...
s1cktypeS
i've never had a bf before the one i have now
and i feel you about the whole being left out cuz my bestfriends all had boyfriends and i was the only one that didn't

i used to not care.

but now i have a really good boyfriend.
and about the whole not knowing how to kiss or watever
i was like that too.
swishersweet
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Nov 5 2008, 04:53 PM) *
LOL at your skittles life (x! lolll let's not date boys then xD!

wtf. r u callin me gay?
LittleMissSunshine
uhm no.. i was referring to agiri.. if you read her post she was talking about skittles. lol
swishersweet
ohh. ahah. my badd
cakedout
you two need to get a room
LittleMissSunshine
uh, no! haha, anyways..

so my cousin recently got a boyfriend. I was surprised because she never really had a boyfriend. she always tells me these funny things between her and her bf. it doesn't get me jealous, but it gets kinda annoying.. does that mean jealousy? i hope not, cause i'm not into her boyfriend. she invited me to hang out with her and her boyfriend. i told her i don't know and i'll let you know if i can. i don't want to be the third wheeler and feel like i want a boyfriend. because that's stupid and it's not that i ever had one. gah, feelings suck i guess heh
cakedout
yeah your jealous
Tung
QUOTE(cakedout @ Dec 24 2008, 01:19 PM) *
yeah your jealous

look at dis n*gga. shifty.gif

trying to get in shannonlovin's pants, cuz she's desperate and ronery. shifty.gif stubborn.gif stubborn.gif
cakedout
wtf hell nah, i aint into 14 year old girls like Kay~ son rofl, ay its cool, i know you like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners =]
Tung
dawg, kay is 18. i need proof she 14. until then she 18 in my eyes. son u can have her though. i got my eyes on a bigger prize.

yo mom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.