Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the "artist" title
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05
for those of you who make art, do you feel like an artist? do you consider yourself an artist? this applies to graphic art too. do you think you're actually an artist, or do you just think of yourself as someone who made something?

i duno, it's confusing to explain what i'm asking.
adolelolz
I know what you mean, and no, I don't really feel like an artist. I feel like I don't create art; I just draw stuff. Nothing I've ever done has any meaning behind it, and I think that's a crucial part to artwork.
Tung
To me, I think EVERYONE is an artist in some aspect or another. Everyone has the ability to create art, and what they think is art.
synatribe
I dont think there is a standard for art like tung said, you dont need to have good drawing skills, I think everyones an artist by what they do, I think Im an artist by leading groups cause I love being a leader, to me thats art, art is just a measure of your creativity and I get creative with ways I like to lead,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.