Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil tampon.
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
scoobypoo36202
So I'm almost 16 and I still can't manage to get a tampon up there. Everyone acts like its so easy but everytime I try I fail. Before my friend even started her period she put one up there the first time she tried! whats my problem? ermm.gif
manny-the-dino
Take a look at this thread.
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206470
karmakiller
Deffinitely check out that topic. This is the part I would've said:
First, choose a tampon. If you're a beginner, it's a good idea to start out with a plastic applicator tampon. Slender or slim sizes are the best for first time users

Be patient. It shouldn't be painful, so don't force it. Using one with a plastic applicator is best. Just get the applicator in there and push the tampon in using the applicator.
underwoodqueen
Scary!!! OHno!
blueragedesigns
I have the same trouble. :( And I've read the thread. And the instructions. :( I fail. You're not alone
ilovehaterz
Don't even worry about it...I went through a whole freakinn box before I even got one up there.
---->You..
1)Find the whole. {Of course}
2)Make sure the string has a knot at the end!!
3)Take wrapper off, and slant the tampon to where it faces your lower back kinda.
4)Then put it in there, not to where you can't pull the plastic out though.
5)Push the cotton thing in, and pull the plastic part out.

I have a feeling my directions didn't work. But I wear Playtex, and they have instructions in the box.
hypnotique
LOL to be honest I dont even bother with tampons.

way too uncomfortable and i can feel it half the time when its in there
dosomethin888
I cant stand pads, they make me feel all dirty. I only use tampons.

The first time I used one,I was by myself and I took one of my moms. I wasnt even on my period Lol. But, I got it in and I remember dancing around the room all proud of myself. haha.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Jun 24 2009, 06:03 PM) *
The first time I used one,I was by myself and I took one of my moms. I wasnt even on my period Lol.

You aren't supposed to use them when you aren't on your period, although I guess it didn't matter too much for you since you probably took it out soon after. I imagine that it would hurt to insert one when you don't have menstrual fluid to, er, lubricate your vagina.
livwho
I like those little OB tampons. No plastic applicator to mess with, and I have a cool 97 cent case from Target to put them in. Win.

By the way, not everyone can use a tampon at first. Don't feel bad, just keep trying. You'll get it eventually. I cried the first time I tried because I couldn't figure the damn thing out.
ilovehaterz
When you put the tampon in there, you're not suppose to really be able to feel it after a minute or so. If it hurts, then you put it in wrong.
---->And tampons are no big deal, I didn't start wearing tampons till 4 years after I started my first period.
ley
Dont try to use them when your not on your period you could get toxic shock syndrome. Dying from using a tampon when u didn't need it would probably suck.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(ley @ Jun 24 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Dont try to use them when your not on your period you could get toxic shock syndrome. Dying from using a tampon when u didn't need it would probably suck.

You can get TSS when you are on your period as well.

To prevent this, don't use those giant, "MAXI" tampons, and always change it frequently (look at instructions on box). In addition, I would not recommend using a tampon when the menstrual flow is really heavy, based on my own experience.

Eh, I've only used tampons a handful of times. I've had to use it about three times because I went swimming, although my period was light each time so I could have gone without them, lol. I actually do find them uncomfortable, even though I'm sexually active. I know I'm using it right, but it's because it's basically this mass of cotton (or whatever it is that the tamponi s made of) that feels dry when it's inserted, and just stays there. I've tried to petite o.b. ones and I can still feel them. ;/ In terms of what I've put into my vajayjay, I find the Nuva Ring (contraceptive) more comfortable because it's slim and bends, even though I have it up there for 3 weeks. p.s. that string bothers me too, so I only stick to pads now. wink.gif
batman
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jun 24 2009, 05:22 PM) *
LOL to be honest I dont even bother with tampons.

way too uncomfortable and i can feel it half the time when its in there

dang are you sure you have it all the way in? you're not supposed to feel it after a minute or so >.<

the only time it ever hurt for me was the first time i had to use a tampon. i forgot my pads and all my friends had were tampons so i had to quickly learn how to get it in between 6th and 7th period lol. i kept thinking it was gonna get stuck in there.

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Jul 9 2009, 07:49 AM) *
In addition, I would not recommend using a tampon when the menstrual flow is really heavy, based on my own experience.

agree. i get so paranoid with tampons that i always wear one of those ultra thin pads or panty liners also.
1angel3
It always hurt when I try to take a tampon off even when my flow is heavy and I was using a super. That's probably why but I have really heavy flows the first three days and can only go an hour or two before it leaks and that's with using a super also.

Based of my flow, a ultra is good for the first couple of day but then it would really hurt when it comes to taking it out. I wonder why it hurt so bad when taking it out even on my most heavy days.

superstitious
QUOTE(livwho @ Jun 24 2009, 08:17 PM) *
I like those little OB tampons.

Those really creep me out.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(1angel3 @ Jul 21 2009, 09:38 PM) *
It always hurt when I try to take a tampon off even when my flow is heavy and I was using a super. That's probably why but I have really heavy flows the first three days and can only go an hour or two before it leaks and that's with using a super also.

Based of my flow, a ultra is good for the first couple of day but then it would really hurt when it comes to taking it out. I wonder why it hurt so bad when taking it out even on my most heavy days.

Wow, your flow is really heavy.. It probably hurts to remove super and ultra tampons because they're just so wide in diameter. :/ I'd say that you should move down to regular ones since those are smaller and would hurt you less, but you'd probably go through them way too fast. I know you use tampons because they don't make you feel gross like with pads, but maybe you should use maxi pads instead sometimes? Unless you don't mind the pain. Then, never mind.
karmakiller
QUOTE(livwho @ Jun 24 2009, 08:17 PM) *
I like those little OB tampons. No plastic applicator to mess with, and I have a cool 97 cent case from Target to put them in. Win.

Tampons without applicators are kinda gross. I don't want have to try to put one in while I'm in a bathroom stall... it just sounds really unsanitary to me... and uncomfortable.
heyo-captain-jack
I clicked this thinking it would be a thread about tama.

fml
batman
QUOTE(scoobypoo36202 @ Oct 2 2008, 04:51 PM) *
So I'm almost 16 and I still can't manage to get tama up there. Everyone acts like its so easy but everytime I try I fail. my friend even put tama up there the first time she tried! whats my problem? ermm.gif

no worries, just keep trying and one day tama will fit up there!
emberfly
Use a penis to stretch out the hole a bit. That should make it easier.
res8zenith
QUOTE(emberfly @ Jul 23 2009, 12:32 AM) *
Use a penis to stretch out the hole a bit. That should make it easier.

..wtfock! XD.gif XD.gif

...actually, that will work huh.gif
karmakiller
QUOTE(kaijubot @ Jul 22 2009, 11:31 PM) *
QUOTE(scoobypoo36202 @ Oct 2 2008, 04:51 PM) *
So I'm almost 16 and I still can't manage to get tama up there. Everyone acts like its so easy but everytime I try I fail. my friend even put tama up there the first time she tried! whats my problem? ermm.gif

no worries, just keep trying and one day tama will fit up there!
loool.gif loool.gif

I like your edit better than the original post.
1angel3
QUOTE(interpretation @ Jul 21 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Wow, your flow is really heavy.. It probably hurts to remove super and ultra tampons because they're just so wide in diameter. :/ I'd say that you should move down to regular ones since those are smaller and would hurt you less, but you'd probably go through them way too fast. I know you use tampons because they don't make you feel gross like with pads, but maybe you should use maxi pads instead sometimes? Unless you don't mind the pain. Then, never mind.

Yeah I probably have to use both at the same time to help catch leaks.
emberfly
Just_Dream
^ lul wut

p.s. Maxi Pads feel like diapers. Ultra thin ones ftw. They have them in petite, regular, regular long, overnight, etc. Different lengths for different lifestyles/shapes, etc! haha.

p.s. ultra thin pantiliners are the best!
pkbabe
QUOTE(livwho @ Jun 24 2009, 06:17 PM) *
I like those little OB tampons

I never liked those. Despite being little they hurt pinch.gif

The tampons I've used lately are Kotex tampons. The a little less than $4 & do the job pretty well imo

OR if you resort to pad I also suggest either the Kotex Ultrathin brand or Always Infinity. If you on a bit of a budget...Kotex but if you're willing to spend some cash Always Infinity. Believe me this stuff is hella good. Even on my heavy flows it absorbed so much & I didn't even feel messy like I usually do when this occurs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.