Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mudgee Permanent Camping
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05

Mudgee Permanent Camping
designed by Casey Brown Architecture

The permanent camp is located on a remote pristine mountain on a sheep station in central western NSW, Australia. The tower is sited at the edge of a ridge, surrounded by large granite boulders and ancient dead trees. Its remote location affords panoramic views for hundreds of miles to the horizon.

This structure was the realisation of a dream for the client. Conceived as a retreat for one or two people, the building has a minimal 3x3m footprint providing shelter. The structure is a two storey copper clad tower with the sides opening up on the ground level to provide wide verandas to the north, east and western elevations. To the south, a water tank and winches are located to operate the moveable veranda roofs. When not in use these roofs close down to completely enclose the timber and glass interior, protecting it from the elements in particular bush fires.

http://www.caseybrown.com.au/

this is another thing, similar to the Lifepods, that makes me want to go camping. i'm amazed by the entire concept of these semi portable little houses that can be put in remote places.
anzbex
Wow that is sooo Koool!!! You know i used to live not far from Mudgee & never knew this was there!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.