Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to choose a coding program
Forums > Resource Center > Webmasters' Corner > Webmasters' Corner Resolved Topics
firechild
_unsure.gif Im trying to choose between a coding program for making CB layouts. Im narrowing it down to Coldfusion and Dreamweaver. Any Ideas?
ForgiveTheSinner
Never heard of Coldfusion but I have Dreamweaver (don't know how to use though).

But I'd go with the one with more tutorials in case you ever need help with it.
sdgdfgdfgdfgdfg
QUOTE(MolecularStudios @ Sep 7 2008, 10:07 AM) *
_unsure.gif Im trying to choose between a coding program for making CB layouts. Im narrowing it down to Coldfusion and Dreamweaver. Any Ideas?

Isn't coldfusion a language? I use Dreamweaver but Kompozer is a good free alternative and is basically the same thing.
Melissa
I'm pretty sure ColdFusion is a programming language: http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/ isn't going to help you create layouts for cB.

I know a lot of people who love Dreamweaver. I personally like notepad - you really can't get better than simple. :D
schizo
I don't like coding things in any sort of problem, but Dreamweaver could be pretty helpful. They correct you or at least let you know when something isn't right. It's good for catching little mistakes.
synatribe
yea, coldfusion is a coding language, so your probably stuck with dreamweaver, but I personally use dreamweaver but a good alternative is komodo :] its pretty easy to learn, but for CB layouts? isnt notepad like the best?
Tung
Try Python
synatribe
QUOTE(Tungster @ Sep 7 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Try Python

isnt that a language too? like ruby on rails?
Tung
Shut up Kevin lol...

fixtatik
well...since you can't use coldfusion, i'm gonna be like everyone else and say dreamweaver =p

or if you don't have $400, don't want to use it for only 30 days, or don't want to steal it, there's alway's mozilla's seamonkey
anzbex
I like dreamweaver but then there is coffeecup thats pretty easy to use too :)
Blaqheartedstar
Taking a class on dreamweaver... lets see how that turns out.
never heard of Coldfusion but to make createblog layouts you will need the CSS and codes of the profile page before you can actually create a layout for it, notepad is the best and i use freewebs for a live preview when creating the layouts.
to help with coding i use microsoft expression web.
Smarmosaur
er. let's see.
notepad anyone? =D
nitrogoat
Notepad
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please PM a moderator if you would like this reopened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.