Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subject Trends
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
superstitious
I'm noticing A LOT of Heath Ledger graphics now. Whenever a new Harry Potter movie or book comes out, there's alwaya a TON of HP related graphics. There's a big Twlight fanbase, so that's definitely a trend as well.

Anyone else notice current trends? What are you seeing a lot of?

I'm seeing James Franco quite a bit lately.
Tung
I noticed alot of The Dark Knight graphics a month ago.
nikx618
lately i've been seeing a lot of people with athletes from the olympics.
like, gymnastic people &phelps.
Tomates
ive seen lots and lots of twilight graphics.
My mom bought the book actually, i know she is reading it.
I might check it out myself maybe.

Oh and ive seen a lot of Dark Knight Graphics too
pandemonium
i've seen a lot of dragon ball z graphics.. jk just you..
nah but i've been seeing A LOT of of twilight graphics.. even layouts...
manny-the-dino
Yeah, I see these trends A LOT in the queue. I mean I don't mind but sometimes I get tired of seeing the same faces graphic after graphic. Sometimes the trends are in music artists, too. Like I see a lot of All Time Low or My Chemical Romance stuff.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 18 2008, 10:47 AM) *
I'm seeing James Franco quite a bit lately.

Hey, who said that was a bad thing? eyebrowes.gif
superstitious
QUOTE(rockguy @ Aug 18 2008, 01:48 PM) *
i've seen a lot of dragon ball z graphics.. jk just you..
nah but i've been seeing A LOT of of twilight graphics.. even layouts...

LOL I love DBZ throb.gif

Oh definitely. There's been a total flood of Twlight layouts lately!

QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Aug 18 2008, 01:57 PM) *
Yeah, I see these trends A LOT in the queue. I mean I don't mind but sometimes I get tired of seeing the same faces graphics after graphic. Sometimes the trends are in music artists, too. Like I see a lot of All Time Low or My Chemical Romance stuff.

Oh man. For a time I thought that if I saw Pete Wentz's mug one more time, I'd throw my monitor out the window.

Oh not I, not at all. ;)
incredibleupset
i've been seeing lotsa jokers. i love that movie.
schizo
The worst trend had to be the Pete Wentz/Fall Out Boy trend. I got so sick of it that I even made an icon to express my disgust (click!). The Twilight trend is starting to irritate me as well. I used to LOVE those books, but now I have no more interest in them because I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. sad.gif
manny-the-dino
^Haha. Oh man I remember that graphic. I salute you for that one, Gabi!
synatribe
Im sick of Jonas brothers layouts, graphic, face, everything, lol :]
schizo
^Amen to that. I don't get what the whole craze about them is.
synatribe
QUOTE(schizo @ Aug 18 2008, 06:02 PM) *
^Amen to that. I don't get what the whole craze about them is.

seriously and like all the layouts use the same pictures with a few different brushes slapped on there :[ Im so sick of them before I even knew them :] lol
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 18 2008, 04:04 PM) *
Oh definitely. There's been a total flood of Twlight layouts lately!

Oh man. For a time I thought that if I saw Pete Wentz's mug one more time, I'd throw my monitor out the window.

Oh not I, not at all. ;)

Not just lately, but ever since last year.

I agree; there are way too many Fall Out Boy graphics and layouts submitted. Pete Wentz is not even (that) attractive.

QUOTE(SkyliteX @ Aug 18 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Im sick of Jonas brothers layouts, graphic, face, everything, lol :]

Same here. They don't make good music, and I've seen too many Jonas Brothers things submitted. @_@

I think that fashion and model icons have always been a big subject trend, along with graphics using scenic images.
libertie
QUOTE(schizo @ Aug 18 2008, 05:53 PM) *
The worst trend had to be the Pete Wentz/Fall Out Boy trend.

LOL That's so true. That was pretty awful.

Sidenote, I almost puked a second ago when I saw the Jonas Brothers on a Target commercial doing quite possibly one of the worst covers of "Hello Goodbye" I've ever heard.
technicolour
^ OMG I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL.

They play it all the time on the TVs back in electronics at work. It is so IRRITATING.

I remember when Pride & Prejudice came out there were TONS of graphics. I, myself, made a lot. It was a good movie, what can I say. Ironman was a definitely a noticeable trend.

superstitious
I'd like to see someone start a random trend and see if it takes off. Like fans. It's hot as hell. I want to see fans and air conditioners be a trend. Or "copy" stamps. I used a copy stamp a lot yesterday at work. haha

I remember the big Pirates/Johnny Depp fad a while back. I was getting pretty sick of seeing Jack Sparrow everywhere.
ForgiveTheSinner
Why can't they use stock pictures or something. Personally, I hated looking through all those layouts with FOB, JB, and now Twilight.

If they're going to make a graphic with them on it, at least make them look good.
Tung
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 19 2008, 06:16 AM) *
I'd like to see someone start a random trend and see if it takes off. Like fans. It's hot as hell. I want to see fans and air conditioners be a trend. Or "copy" stamps. I used a copy stamp a lot yesterday at work. haha

Graphics of a fan? blink.gif mellow.gif

But why? _unsure.gif
superstitious
Because it touches my soul.

(fans are a life saver here in the south)
Joanne
Haha, it'd be so awesome to see a graphic/theme dedicated to fans! XD.gif
technicolour
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 19 2008, 12:39 PM) *
(fans are a life saver here in the south)

That is SO true.

Well. Let's make it happen!
schizo
Sidenote, I almost puked a second ago when I saw the Jonas Brothers on a Target commercial doing quite possibly one of the worst covers of "Hello Goodbye" I've ever heard.

They ruined that song. And Target commercials. I was a big fan of Target commercials up until now. They used to be so cool. I mean, they'd take stuff like toilet paper and make it awesome.
venti-anemoi
The fan thing seems interesting. Damn, why didn't I think of that for the LIMS summer theme?

I've been seeing a number of Big Bang layouts on cB lately. Not a lot, but more than other jpop/kpop/asian groups.
LifesLushLips
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Aug 18 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Yeah, I see these trends A LOT in the queue. I mean I don't mind but sometimes I get tired of seeing the same faces graphic after graphic. Sometimes the trends are in music artists, too. Like I see a lot of All Time Low or My Chemical Romance stuff.

Haha I honestly believe that close to half of the MCR graphics on this site are made by rather me or my cousin (breathingsleepingscreaming). What can I say? They're my favorite band ^____^

I have been noticing a lot of JB graphics. And though I have contributed to that a little (only four graphics though!) it's getting a little crazy.

Twilight is most definitely big, as is The Joker.

Been seeing lots of Asian stuff. I actually recognize a lot of it too 'cause my cousin is obsessed with JDramas. XD
SharperMyspace
All the Twilight layouts look the same cause everyone is using the same pictures.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(LifesLushLips @ Sep 1 2008, 11:38 AM) *
Haha I honestly believe that close to half of the MCR graphics on this site are made by rather me or my cousin (breathingsleepingscreaming). What can I say? They're my favorite band ^____^

Oh well no wonder. That explains a lot. lol. You guys make your graphics the same way which is why i sometimes got confused as to who was submitting what. XD.gif
schizo
Oh well no wonder. That explains a lot. lol. You guys make your graphics the same way which is why i sometimes got confused as to who was submitting what.

Ditto. I always get you two confused. Your stuff almost looks exactly alike. I think the MCR trend is all you guys, though...._smile.gif
absinthe
QUOTE(LifesLushLips @ Sep 1 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Been seeing lots of Asian stuff. I actually recognize a lot of it too 'cause my cousin is obsessed with JDramas. XD

your mcr graphics. throb.gif

and i agree with the asian graphics. most of them are quite lovely, although i don't know the majority of people in them.

and i agree with the jonas brothers graphics trend. but it's cool though. i`d find it annoying if i hated them. XD.gif
superstitious
Asian and anime content has always been a huge source of subject matter. It used to throw me off some. I like anime, but it's EVERYWHERE. At least there is a lot of varying content within the genre.

I wish there were more Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 stuff though. I can't find Ranma 1/2 content anymore and the stuff that exists is pretty ruddy. And of course, I'd love to see more comic book based content - not just the movie based comic graphics, but comic book based graphics.
Insurmountable
That twilight stuff, I didn't even know what the f**k it was. I saw the books and all, wasn't very interested and then I saw there was a movie. I'll probably just go watch the movie..
schizo
And of course, I'd love to see more comic book based content - not just the movie based comic graphics, but comic book based graphics.

I never thought about making comic book graphics...I think you just gave me a theme for my next set of icons. _smile.gif

All that J-Rock stuff saddens me. The people who make it (Saikou, for instance) make it so pretty, but I have no idea who those people are.
none345678
QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Sep 4 2008, 01:35 PM) *
That twilight stuff, I didn't even know what the f**k it was. I saw the books and all, wasn't very interested and then I saw there was a movie. I'll probably just go watch the movie..

And I thought I was the only one.

Twilight and Batman/Joker, see a lot of that around. J Rock ones too.
LifesLushLips
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Sep 3 2008, 06:04 PM) *
Oh well no wonder. That explains a lot. lol. You guys make your graphics the same way which is why i sometimes got confused as to who was submitting what. XD.gif

lol it's not surprising our graphics look alike. We just spent the whole summer together and I guess we just started like, rubbing off on each other after a while tongue.gif
venti-anemoi
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 4 2008, 08:30 AM) *
Asian and anime content has always been a huge source of subject matter. It used to throw me off some. I like anime, but it's EVERYWHERE. At least there is a lot of varying content within the genre.

I wish there were more Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 stuff though. I can't find Ranma 1/2 content anymore and the stuff that exists is pretty ruddy. And of course, I'd love to see more comic book based content - not just the movie based comic graphics, but comic book based graphics.

There's an idea. Maybe I'll make some Ranma graphics. (I don't know anything about Dragon Ball, so sorry. :[ )

There are a lot of series I like, but the artwork is........ not as pretty as others. And it helps if the artwork is nice to begin with, 'cause then I'm more motivated to make something. XD
Designsby1103
all im seeing is CONSTANT twilight, EVERYWHERE on EVERY layout site i go to they base the layouts and graphics and sayings and EVERYTHING on it
superstitious
Ok folks, I've seen enough Paramore related graphics/layouts for a while. haha
schizo
Tell me about it. And they all look the same. Hayley Williams' hair looks kinda cool with certain coloring techniques.

We get it.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(superstitious @ Mar 18 2009, 08:17 AM) *
Ok folks, I've seen enough Paramore related graphics/layouts for a while. haha
QUOTE(schizo @ Mar 18 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Tell me about it. And they all look the same. Hayley Williams' hair looks kinda cool with certain coloring techniques.

We get it.

LOL inorite. The girl who submits the majority of those graphics is in love with Hayley.

I haven't really seen a trend as of now. I am seeing a lot of backgrounds being submitted though. shrug.gif
superstitious
I know that Paramore had some popularity in the past, but I think that with the Twilight related cross fandom, more and more Twilight friendly graphic artists are also using Paramore as frequent subject matter as well. It's just a theory though.
technicolour
QUOTE(superstitious @ Mar 18 2009, 05:50 PM) *
I know that Paramore had some popularity in the past, but I think that with the Twilight related cross fandom, more and more Twilight friendly graphic artists are also using Paramore as frequent subject matter as well. It's just a theory though.

Thatttt is so true. SO TRUE.
schizo
Yeah, when "Decode" came out everyone went bananas. hehe.gif

If they're going to pick a band that has something to do with Twilight, they should pick Muse. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a decent Muse graphic in my life, and that's a damn shame.
Medi
I think a lot of it has to do with the inspiration from these movies, and the demand for layouts that have this type. People are making layouts with twilight themes, and dark night themes because they were very popular movies. It just happens to be that maybe each person will make one layout for twilight, but then, as everyone else has the same idea, you get hundreds when it's over. The twilight trend is starting to die.. but until another popular trend is publicized, we won't see anything different.
technicolour
QUOTE(schizo @ Mar 18 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Yeah, when "Decode" came out everyone went bananas. hehe.gif

If they're going to pick a band that has something to do with Twilight, they should pick Muse. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a decent Muse graphic in my life, and that's a damn shame.

SERIOUSLY. Muse = throb.gif

Hell, now I'm going to go make a shitload of Muse graphics. After I get back from where I need to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.